You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

9 minutes ago, Lario said:

They're such a nothing club, and shit at everything.

They're actually so shit, they should be called Manchester Shitty!

Shitty instead of City.

Geddit?!

maxresdefault.jpg

Used to call them that when I was at school in the 80's. 

Man City are Ed Norton’s character in the Italian Job remake. When he hijacks the heist money he has no idea what to spend it on because he has no originality, so he basically copies everything his co-conspirators said they were going to spend their shares on. They just look at what others do and try to copy it, badly.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Pete said:

Used to call them that when I was at school in the 80's. 

It's about the intellectual level of the puns they have for us...

No Salad

Klanfield

Klipperty

LiVARpool

Bingo-(this is supposed to be Klopp but I don't get it)

Theres loads more that I can't remember too

I fully expect City & PSG’s accounts to balance to the penny. As La Liga have pointed out, it’ll be OTT sponsorships but how it’s that proved?

I doubt UEFA / national associations have the jurisdiction to investigate, likely, foreign countries, so what can you do? 

I don’t know the solution. Hopefully the German press who have been reporting this for years uncover something incredibly damning and undeniable. 

As for La Liga, it’s likely just sour grapes that their “brand” isn’t as strong as it was 5/6 years ago. They probably expected Mbappe and Haaland to give it a bit more star power this season but they’ve gone to the two clubs they are complaining about. 

Bit rich of La Liga to complain about the oil clubs pricing others out of the market. La Liga as a whole has been complicit in allowing the likes of the El Clasico duo to ride roughshod over the rest financially thanks to highly dubious backing from the government and/or financial institutions. Only belatedly have they staged any sort of intervention over Barcelona's financial situation in particular. I can guarantee that La Liga (and their gobshite president Javier Tebas) would have no quibbles if players like Mbappe decided to play there for the sort of stupid money the oil clubs are throwing at them, or if Barcelona were able to continue indulging Messi.

39 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Bit rich of La Liga to complain about the oil clubs pricing others out of the market. La Liga as a whole has been complicit in allowing the likes of the El Clasico duo to ride roughshod over the rest financially thanks to highly dubious backing from the government and/or financial institutions. Only belatedly have they staged any sort of intervention over Barcelona's financial situation in particular. I can guarantee that La Liga (and their gobshite president Javier Tebas) would have no quibbles if players like Mbappe decided to play there for the sort of stupid money the oil clubs are throwing at them, or if Barcelona were able to continue indulging Messi.

To be fair, Barca have been sanctioned this season gone in terms of what they can spend because La Liga is attempting to standby their own version of the sustainability rules. Meanwhile the premier League remain silent on a multi year conflict with Manchester city and are allowing Everton to pretty much reinvent the rules. 

15 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Do they? I know their version of the charity shield is, which I assume has nothing to do with the liga itself like here. 

Yup, the Super Cup, played over a couple of legs, so they get at least three games.

They also have an agreement to sign and train Saudi players.

Their complaint isn't about sportswashing or human rights issues though. It's about financial doping and not playing by the rules, so La Liga clubs playing in Saudi isn't anything to do with this particular issue. Personally I'd say it's an issue and they shouldn't be taking Saudi cash, but it's unconnected to their complaint.

As Barry Wom says, La Liga did clamp down on Barca, forcing them to get rid of Messi. I don't see the PL or Ligue 1 doing similar to City and PSG.

• Upvote 1