Quantcast
Man City - the new bitters? - Page 32 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Naz17

Man City - the new bitters?

9 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I genuinely paid my first ever subs on here by sending him a postal order with my username scribbled on the back because I didn’t have any internet banking or PayPal. That’s how common I am. 

I’m on here so long I shipped him over a purse of salt and two sacks of seashells for my first sub. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I genuinely paid my first ever subs on here by sending him a postal order with my username scribbled on the back because I didn’t have any internet banking or PayPal. That’s how common I am. 

There goes the neighbourhood.

4 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Was The Liverpool Waye when I first joined.

Ye Liverpool Waye for me, and I had to barter him a pair of oxen.

When you go on Twitterr and the like you have to wonder are they ever going to enjoy which being honest is an historic achievement in English football ?

If anything sums up how small time their fans they are it's that 

9 minutes ago, Stickman said:

When you go on Twitterr and the like you have to wonder are they ever going to enjoy which being honest is an historic achievement in English football ?

If anything sums up how small time their fans they are it's that 

With the news that city are now supposedly facing an immenent Champions League ban,Im amazed at the number of new myths the city fan base seems to generate and attempt to belittle Liverpool FC.

The latest one Ive seen doing the rounds is that city were actually European Champions before Liverpool because they won the Cup Winners Cup in 1970 against those Polish giants, Gornik Zarbe.

Strange, I think Feyenoord would have something to say about being the real European Champions in 1970, not that winning the weakest then European club competition in any way equated to being European Champions. Also strangely enough, the other mancs proclaimed themselves 'Champions of Europe, again' when they won the Cup Winners Cup with ferguson.

This new city myth adds to their other myths that Liverpool had not won a trophy until 1965, City had been League champions before Liverpool(!) and, the Littlewoods family and John Moores in particular, bankrolled Liverpool through the 60's, 70's and 80's.

This though,clearly shows their ignorance that John Moores was everton majority shareholder through most if not all those years and, John Moores only had a 4% stake in Liverpool. It also ignores the fact that from the early 60's until the ban after 1985, Liverpool had a virtually uninterupted run in Europe and the additional money that brings in.

Obviously the fact David Moores became majority shareholder in 1991 when our success dried up eludes them. Their claims of us not winning a major trophy until 1965 never mind them being champions before us just isnt worth debate.

• Upvote 1

To put this matter to bed once and for all we should have a legends match. 

Ian Rush, John Barnes, Jan Molby and Robbie Fowler vs Paul Dickov and Paolo Wanchope's nan. 

30 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Any other links to that story that don't quote that shitrag?

You could always just go straight to the first link in the article, directly to the judgment, instead of scouring it for links elsewhere.

They’ve commandeered the electronic advertising boards on the last stretch of the M602 to advertise their new kit with the caption - This Is Our City - with the ‘our’ emphasised.

Smacks of ‘senior club in the city.’

9 hours ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

You could always just go straight to the first link in the article, directly to the judgment, instead of scouring it for links elsewhere.

The bbc article mentions the shitrag.

21 minutes ago, skaro said:

And he had to pay 150 quid in damages.

Who was the judge, Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan?

Wasn't there something similar involving Kolo Toure's nanny? Refusal to pay? Holding on to passports or similar?

Unbelievably, I spotted a new manchester city fans myth about Liverpool in anonline comments section yesterday. Apparently Liverpool didnt 'cheat' FFP once but twice in the last 5 years. But, UEFA decided to turn a blind eye to these transgressions on the grounds that the 'excess spending was on stadium infrastructure.

Oh, ok. I guess trading a derelict Maine Road for a taxpayer funded build of a new stadium with pepper corn rent doesnt register with them then?