Jump to content
Naz17

Man City - the new bitters?

Recommended Posts

When United were winning everything in sight, people hated them. City inspire nothing but apathy. No wonder Pep is losing his mind. At least when people hate you, it means they care on some level. But indifference is something else. The crowds when we won the league were bigger, and there wasn't even a parade. And crowds were illegal. Even their own fans can't be arsed. What an absolute charade. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched it on the news and Guardiola was trying to encourage them to cheer, astounding scenes.

 

I'm genuinely embarrassed that they play in the same sport as us, let alone the same league. 

 

Like watching a Trump supporter use Mozart's violin as a banjo.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At first I thought this was about the City parade, then realised it’s about global warming.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Just watched it on the news and Guardiola was trying to encourage them to cheer, astounding scenes.

 

I'm genuinely embarrassed that they play in the same sport as us, let alone the same league. 

 

Like watching a Trump supporter use Mozart's violin as a banjo.

I was laughing to myself at the quick cuts to the “crowd” footage. They showed about 3 or 4 clips of the “crowd” that each lasted for about 1 second. Probably because there was nothing much to show. It’s farcical. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Is this the right thread to mention that Liam Gallagher being a massive helmet?

 

Liam Gallagher is a massive helmet.

His no striker tweet is a load of bullshit too. Gabriel Jesus is a striker. He was bought as a no. 9, as backup to Aguero and they paid handsomely for him. For a similar price that we paid for Mané, Salah and Firmino. Just because Guardiola plays him wide sometimes doesn't mean they don't have a striker. 

We, also have one striker and he cost £10m as a teenager, 8 years ago and is our 6th choice forward, who rarely plays. Why is that never mentioned when the bullshit City narrative of playing with no striker all season is presented? By the way, they played Jesus as a striker again yesterday. 

 

We have not started a striker in one league game all season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Just watched it on the news and Guardiola was trying to encourage them to cheer, astounding scenes.

 

I'm genuinely embarrassed that they play in the same sport as us, let alone the same league. 

 

Like watching a Trump supporter use Mozart's violin as a banjo.

I had BBC NW on earlier and what was really comical was the reporters trying to talk it up. It's almost like they had to pretend it's exciting, no idea why. There's hardly a soul there at this stage they had and the fella is going "there's so much noise and excitement". All I could think is "the BBC don't let you out much then?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Razoray said:

His no striker tweet is a load of bullshit too. Gabriel Jesus is a striker. He was bought as a no. 9, as backup to Aguero and they paid handsomely for him. For a similar price that we paid for Mané, Salah and Firmino. Just because Guardiola plays him wide sometimes doesn't mean they don't have a striker. 

We, also have one striker and he cost £10m as a teenager, 8 years ago and is our 6th choice forward, who rarely plays. Why is that never mentioned when the bullshit City narrative of playing with no striker all season is presented? By the way, they played Jesus as a striker again yesterday. 

 

We have not started a striker in one league game all season. 

I had this discussion the other day with someone in London. When I said "we don't play with a striker", he replied "what about Salah, mane, Jota and firmino". I just sighed. 

 

The reality is around this, we've got wide forwards (in fact most of whom started their careers as some type of attacking midfielder) who are some times played central, but all 3 will not only be hungry for goals, but play in a team that it's demanded of them to be hungry for goals. City on the other hand are a team that is hungry to control the game and they make an assumption if they control it well enough, the goals will arrive. So you watch us, we look like we play with 2 wingers (our full backs) and 3 forwards. They on the other hand look like they play with 8 midfielders. So that perception of they need a number 9 is both right and wrong. It's how they want to play. Just like us. Except we don't look like we need one, because we're not obsessed with control and our manager isn't a big giant baby in a shit jumper. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still don't understand how City never had any Covid issues this season when other teams were absolutely ravaged by it.
Particularly with the amount of dicks (Foden, Grealish, etc) in their team who were probably putting themselves at risk.


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, chrisbrand said:

I still don't understand how City never had any Covid issues this season when other teams were absolutely ravaged by it.
Particularly with the amount of dicks (Foden, Grealish, etc) in their team who were probably putting themselves at risk.


 

So are you saying they just played players with covid?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, chrisbrand said:

I still don't understand how City never had any Covid issues this season when other teams were absolutely ravaged by it.
Particularly with the amount of dicks (Foden, Grealish, etc) in their team who were probably putting themselves at risk.


 

And the player they sold landed in Spain and was then reported as positive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

So are you saying they just played players with covid?  

I think it's likely. Just really strange they didn't have any issues.  But I'm probably just being a conspiracy theorist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, chrisbrand said:

I think it's likely. Just really strange they didn't have any issues.  But I'm probably just being a conspiracy theorist.

I would find that surprising. If it got out that's what they were doing and putting people at risk, they'd have been destroyed. I think more likely that they were just lucky with it. Compared to some other teams, so were we. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, chrisbrand said:

I think it's likely. Just really strange they didn't have any issues.  But I'm probably just being a conspiracy theorist.

 

 I don't think that's daft at all, it stinks to high heaven. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I would find that surprising. If it got out that's what they were doing and putting people at risk, they'd have been destroyed. I think more likely that they were just lucky with it. Compared to some other teams, so were we. 

They lie about everything else, so I wouldn't be surprised.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

They lie about everything else, so I wouldn't be surprised.

 

 

I think it's clutching at straws to try and understand why we didn't win. What happens in the boardroom and what happens on the sporting side of the business are 2 different things. For me it's up there with the shite going on about PEDs and asthma. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding the lack of parade attendees I wonder if a lot of the fans are just getting bored with it now.  
Just a remorseless winning machine, hardly any upsets, just grind out the result and move on.  There's no passion there just robotic and emotionless. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Pete said:

Regarding the lack of parade attendees I wonder if a lot of the fans are just getting bored with it now.  
Just a remorseless winning machine, hardly any upsets, just grind out the result and move on.  There's no passion there just robotic and emotionless. 
 

They've never managed big parades because they don't have many fans and despite all the cups they've won, aren't attracting too many new ones. The fuckers can't even sell out their ground and have to give tickets away to do so or offer 2 for 1s. The fa cup semi there was thousands and thousands unsold and they initially offered them out at 4 per season ticket. The reality is, their fan base probably isn't much beyond that of Ipswich if they were back in the premier League. And you could see by the 10s of thousand who went to London for the play offs, they're a way behind the likes of Sunderland even now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing a picture of Guardiola trying look cool by celebrating with a cigar yesterday, I can't help but think either he or one of their PR blerts seen Carlo the other week and thought, yes, we'll do that too and look just as effortlessly cool.

 

Nah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Seeing a picture of Guardiola trying look cool by celebrating with a cigar yesterday, I can't help but think either he or one of their PR blerts seen Carlo the other week and thought, yes, we'll do that too and look just as effortlessly cool.

 

Nah.

Pep is one of the uncoolest people I've ever seen in my life. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×