You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

3 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Not a chance in a million years will the premier league remove their titles or anything else. They won't publicly taint their product.

Wasn't the judge in charge of the investigation getting a bit pissed with the lack of haste being shown ? 

12 hours ago, Freddo said:

They'll merely say no winner. I'd be amazed if city get stripped of titles. That's bad for the brand and TV deals. 

Different sport I know but what happened to all the Lance Armstrong runner uppers? You’re right though it’s never gonna happen but it would be glorious the amount of boiled piss it would cause up and down little England.

4 minutes ago, Halcyon Days said:

Different sport I know but what happened to all the Lance Armstrong runner uppers? You’re right though it’s never gonna happen but it would be glorious the amount of boiled piss it would cause up and down little England.

The Armstrong years there was no winner but that Landis fella had a title taken away and it was given to 2nd place.

The thing with the Armstrong era was, almost all of the riders were on EPO. Instead of the strongest rider winning it was the one who could take the biggest dose of EPO & sludgy over oxygenated blood without dying. What separated him was he was the biggest cunt & dragged the culture of the whole sport further into the gutter than it already was. That could yet turn out to be the case with City but hopefully Newcastle will be the last state owned cheats. 

18 hours ago, Scott_M said:

To be fair, I thought this was pretty funny…

4D2F1044-FE9C-4EC8-A7F8-484890E943F2.jpeg

I used to like Pep and loved watching that Barca team, but this was a bizarre rant. He clearly cares what other people think of him and Man City.

To come out with that quote a week after Madrid knocked them out shows how much his ego has taken a hit. It ate him up inside, and he couldn't wait to say it. The pressure is on him to win the champions league and he's feeling it. His comments about about everyone loving Liverpool was just fucking stupid. We really get to him and Klopp getting to 3 champions league finals in 5 years pisses him off.

I think deep down he'd love a bitter rivalry, it might help his team get over the final hurdle in the UCL. I'm just glad we have a manager who laughs off his comments and treats him like the little man he really is. Obviously I hope we beat Madrid anyway but even more so because he'll have to sit there all season reading about how great Klopp and Liverpool are in Europe. It'll drive him mad.

On 12/05/2022 at 20:16, an tha said:

I'm devoed about league - absolutely heartbroken.

Simply because i wanted this group of players and this manager and us as fans to have what was taken away from them and us because of covid laws in 2020....namely a proper presentation, celebration and parade.....

So for that reason i am absolutely gutted...also gutted that yet again we rack up a total that wins 99% of leagues in history but get fuck all - and lose out.

It isn't as if we have collapsed or let it go or anything we've kept winning/kept being unbeaten....what is it now 4/5 months unbeaten - but to see 1 draw punished with Abu Dhabi romping to back to back 5 goal wins to take GD out of equation is sickening.

But as someone else said earlier in week - what did we expect though when football has allowed a state owned club with near limitless finances and complete contempt for the flimsiest of financial rules to take hold?...

If we win another trophy this season it will be really nice and it will be very special if it is the big one - but as i say i am devoed, and really fucking angry about league being lost to those sportswashing, cheating bastards.

Would you rather Man United be in City's position?

Because, without the sports washing, Guardiola would have likely ended up there, and built this same team, only with a much bigger history behind him.

I get that you're frustrated with the situation, but your point of view is based on all things being equal, minus Man City.

That idea is simply not built on reality, for a number of reasons I've previously outlined, plus the one above.

25 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Galling we are being cheated out of another title. Brutal commentators and pundits keep quiet about sportwashing but wear their little badges promote sporting integrity and common human decency. 

Biggest hypocrite of all is David Walsh, the Lance-hunter. Banging on in today's Times about Saudi and Qatari sportswashing, but consistently up the arse of P£p the Ch£que and Abu Dhabi FC.

3 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Worse than embarrassing - insulting.

To be fair a lot of their fans probably don’t know who he is.

Pep’s post match comments

Asked whether he had a message for Ralph Hasenhuttl's out-of-form side, he replied: "Beat Liverpool 4-0."

City host Aston Villa on the final day of the season, while Liverpool take on Wolves. Guardiola went on to issue a rallying call to City supporters ahead of their massive game. 

"Next week our stadium will be sold out, will give them our lives and they will give theirs, all together. To do it is an incredible privilege, after many years, incredible. To have our chance with our people, to win one game to be Champions. I’m looking forward to it," he said. 

"If they lose or win it depends on us, do the most perfect game we possibly can do, all the people, all blue people in Manchester, go to the streets and go to the stadium because they know we're going to give everything to win that game and they will be so proud,"