You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Said he'd be supporting us in the final, saw a few tweets like that from their supposed fans on the Beeb sport app, that's how you know their new batch aren't proper footy fans. I'd rather a Nazi high command select XI managed by Donald Trump with Beelzebub as kitman won the champions League than city.

This. Never understood the attitude if supporting rival English teams in Europe. I want everyone else to lose and be unhappy. 

• Upvote 6

Grealish hasn't worked out well for City or him he doesn't seem to suit them at all with his style of play.

Pretty much every big game Pep hasn't started him.

If Klopp had spent £100 million on Grealish and wasn't playing him the media would be all over him having issues with it.

Pep seems to get away with any criticism of players he buys for massive money that don't work out.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Mark M said:

Grealish hasn't worked out well for City or him he doesn't seem to suit them at all with his style of play.

If Klopp had spent £100 million on Grealish and wasn't playing him the media would be all over him having issues with it.

Pep seems to get away with any criticism of players he buys for massive money that don't work out.

Cos the fuckers are exempt from the normal rules, aren’t they. Wasted £100M? Oh, don’t worry, just have another go. 

Its how this modern counterfeit side was built - lashing out unfathomable amounts of money on shite like Jo, Mangala and that cunt on remand, and just being able to mothball them while they buy more until they get it right.

Too rich to fail overall, but fuck it makes the likes of last night sweet.

• Upvote 1

I agree to an extent but I didn't see Klopp take much shite in the media for spending £50m+ on Keita while he spent his first three years at Anfield being crap.

I think when managers are winning, they get away with buying flops, Ferguson bought his fair share too.

• Upvote 2

I had to leave the room to celebrate when they scored the penalty last night. Owen burst into tears and was inconsolable, I was in the hallway trying not to scream and shout dancing a jig like Bruce Willis in The Last Boy Scout.

I almost felt bad for a split second and the thought fuck it, I'm going to hell anyway. 

• Upvote 5

The 238 page and counting post match thread on Blue moon is a joyous read of anger, moaning, self pity and turning on each other like rats in a sack. This is my favourite quote so far

“ The biggest eye opener for me was just how much impact a noisy crowd can make on the home team. The Madrid players grew in that atmosphere and we shrank. We'll never be able to recreate that at the Etihad,” 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Cos the fuckers are exempt from the normal rules, aren’t they. Wasted £100M? Oh, don’t worry, just have another go. 

Its how this modern counterfeit side was built - lashing out unfathomable amounts of money on shite like Jo, Mangala and that cunt on remand, and just being able to mothball them while they buy more until they get it right.

Too rich to fail overall, but fuck it makes the likes of last night sweet.

Look at the number of fullbacks alone Pep has bought. 

Just now, Captain Willard said:

The 238 page and counting post match thread on Blue moon is a joyous read of anger, moaning, self pity and turning on each other like rats in a sack. This is my favourite quote so far

“ The biggest eye opener for me was just how much impact a noisy crowd can make on the home team. The Madrid players grew in that atmosphere and we shrank. We'll never be able to recreate that at the Etihad,” 

27C4808B-9285-4DD2-8993-63D682997293.gif

24 minutes ago, Mark M said:

The media,in the main,love klopp,he is probally the most media friendly manager we have had since Shankly.

Grealish was a baffling signing, £100m for a player they didn't need and hasn't made them better.

Grealish was supposed to become another one of their impossible to dispossess possession Pep robots. Didn't need to spend 100m for another one of those, they clearly did that for some marketing reason too. Bizarre by them because they rarely egregiously overpay like that. Their transfer record was Laporte for like 60m before.  

11 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Grealish was supposed to become another one of their impossible to dispossess possession Pep robots. Didn't need to spend 100m for another one of those, they clearly did that for some marketing reason too. Bizarre by them because they rarely egregiously overpay like that. Their transfer record was Laporte for like 60m before.  

The 100m for Grealish and Kane was a fuck you to UEFA. Worked out well.

I said it at the time that the only reason they went for Grealish is because although they have been successful, they still aren't popular. Grealish was signed to try and bring in some of the England fans that liked watching him in the Euros, even though he didn't play that much. He just isn't a Pep style of player.  

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

This. Never understood the attitude if supporting rival English teams in Europe. I want everyone else to lose and be unhappy. 

Its why I dislike Bayern Munich so much. The two finals I wanted them to win, they fucked up.

Grealish made his name by hogging the ball, running at defenders and falling over to win a freekick.

Pep doesn't want people to hog the ball or run at defenders.

Falling over and winning freekicks is still encouraged!

23 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

I said it at the time that the only reason they went for Grealish is because although they have been successful, they still aren't popular. Grealish was signed to try and bring in some of the England fans that liked watching him in the Euros, even though he didn't play that much. He just isn't a Pep style of player.  

Sadly I know of one young lad that started to support Citeh over his own team when they signed Grealish so it did work a little. Just a shame Grealish is a cunt with a fucking ridiculous hair cut. 

1 hour ago, Captain Willard said:

Had a quick read of that last night, and wasn't sure if I was on Blue Moon or GOT. The total abscence of self awareness, fume, conspiracy theories, allegations of corruption against them etc was unbelievable. They're like Old Etonians with their self entitlement. 

• Upvote 1

Wherever Fanchester watched the game last night, I hope someone who supports a mid-table League One club pinched his cheek, ruffled his hair and gave him the full ‘Oh, WELL DONE you, for giving it a go and taking part, you brave little soldier’ treatment.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Dr Nowt said:

Wherever Fanchester watched the game last night, I hope someone who supports a mid-table League One club pinched his cheek, ruffled his hair and gave him the full ‘Oh, WELL DONE you, for giving it a go and taking part, you brave little soldier’ treatment.

Hahahahahahah especially as he would have been doing the same thing himself when City went 1 up.