You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

I mean, if I was a sultan of swinging axes, I'd be wondering what the fuck I was spending a billion pounds on.

Yes, Abu Dhabi is stronger than Wolverhampton and Brighton and Hove, but seriously, we spent a billion to make that point? Fuck me, I think at this point I'd prefer to go out in the group stages of the CL and have a crack at the Europa League, conference, thing. 

And perhaps Pep isn't the guy for the job.  

12 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

Love to see what the owners would do if that happened. 

Chop chop Mansour's silver cleaver 

Came down upon his head

Chop Chop mansour's silver cleaver 

Made sure that Pep was dead. 

35 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

With us playing Saturday / Tuesday and then Sunday / Wednesday, we really need to crank the pressure up on them.

We also need to win next 2 to keep pressure on for when they play and we don't cup final weekend.

Last thing we want is them with chance to open up a big or decisive gap before we play the rearranged game a few days after cup final.....

33 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Is there a video of Micah Richards crying last night? 

Said he'd be supporting us in the final, saw a few tweets like that from their supposed fans on the Beeb sport app, that's how you know their new batch aren't proper footy fans. I'd rather a Nazi high command select XI managed by Donald Trump with Beelzebub as kitman won the champions League than city.

• Upvote 6

My sister has a very good job at a high end restaurant chain. She’s predominantly based in Manchester and says she see’s / speaks Grealish and Foden all the time. 

I’ve text her today to tell her to ask them for their CL Final tickets. 

She also thinks Grealish is a prick. 

Grealish was ridiculous signing. The one thing he's good at is winning free kicks, great if you want to waste 60 seconds 12 tines a game and launch a high balls to the back post. If your city and all frees are taken instantly as part of their monotonous recycling of the ball then he's useless. He's a stupid looking cunt as well.

• Upvote 2

The great thing about City is that they're such a bespoke tactical creation of Guardiola's, an arrival like Haaland would mean they'd have to completely change an approach that's worked well for them. I actually think Jesus is really underrated for them when they actually play a striker. 

They won't be finding another de Bruyne, as there isn't one. 

There was a funny moment on talksport last night when they were talking about the game. The pundit said something along the lines of

"we've all heard the term mentality monsters which is often used to refer to... man city" 

He got halfway through the sentence and realised it was Liverpool that use that term so paused before losing track of what he was going to say and started waffling on about how close man city came. 

Mentality midgets

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, No2 said:

Grealish was ridiculous signing. The one thing he's good at is winning free kicks, great if you want to waste 60 seconds 12 tines a game and launch a high balls to the back post. If your city and all frees are taken instantly as part of their monotonous recycling of the ball then he's useless. He's a stupid looking cunt as well.

Yeah the fact they wanted him and Kane provides hope for the future. Guardiola hasn't unearthed anywhere near the level of talent that Klopp has.