You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

4 minutes ago, No2 said:

I think Chelsea where the go to team for the lads that just wanted to be included in chats in canteens and the likes. Lads that liked football but never had a passion for it gravitated towards Chelsea. I just don't see any of that with City. I coach my young lads under 8s and you never see City jersey's, tonnes of Liverpool and Utd, the odd Arsenal or Chelsea shirt and annoyingly plenty of PSG tops. That's the age demographic you would expect to see City in but they don't appear to have made any headway. 

Demographically they are competing with us and utd though aren't they?

And historically they have never been a huge club..their success is still very recent.

If they win the champs league it may begin to change. 

Just in case anyone wants to watch them this evening, there are plenty of tickets available! Be advised they're limited to 6 per customer though!

https://tickets.mancity.com/en-GB/events/manchester city v brighton - hove albion/2022-4-20_20.00/the etihad stadium?_gl=1*aulcq0*_ga*MTgyNjg5Nzc3My4xNjUwMzY3MDQ1*_ga_83D496C6PL*MTY1MDQ2NjUyOS4yLjEuMTY1MDQ2NjU0MC40OQ..&hallmap

And they're activating Haaland's release clause and paying him £500k a week + agent's fees, all above board!

4 hours ago, No2 said:

plenty of PSG tops. 

My Grandsons where here last week and asked me what my favourite PSG shirt was, I said Liverpool red.

But Grandad, the white one or blah blah.

The red one, we support Liverpool.

Then I beat them with a big stick.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 11

7 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

There had started to be more kids in city kits round Leeds and by me, but that stopped when Leeds got promoted. 

I just don't see them as a draw at all. I think that's why they're pissed at our rise. They knew it wasn't enough to just win things, like Chelsea did, they had to entertain to really grab the foreign and Fairweather fans like Barcelona did, that's why they plumped for Mr Barcelona.

But we play better footy, we've got a more charismatic boss, and we've got players that kids want to be. Nobody is growing up in the States or China or Japan pretending to be Sterling, they're pretending to be Sallah, soon it'll be Diaz.

If you had a tournament in the States this summer with Liverpool, Madrid, Juventus or Manchester fucking city, would anyone be turning up to watch them? Regardless of what they had or hadn't won?

It'd be like going to watch a boxing tournament featuring Ali, Tyson and Joe Frazier plus some lad from St Helens with bitch tits and a machine gun.

30 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

If you had a tournament in the States this summer with Liverpool, Madrid, Juventus or Manchester fucking city, would anyone be turning up to watch them? Regardless of what they had or hadn't won?

It'd be like going to watch a boxing tournament featuring Ali, Tyson and Joe Frazier plus some lad from St Helens with bitch tits and a machine gun.

Half of the "fans" that show up will have got them mixed up with man united. 

So like showing up to the boxing thinking you're seeing Muhammad Ali and getting Ali from the kebab shop. 

Cheating cunts. The Premier league really have fucked up by allowing these cunts to get away with murder. 

The fuckers have robbed us and other teams of genuine success. If we miss out on the title again by a point it will be a fucking piss take. 

If it wasn't for us the Premier league would be worse than the french league.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Cheating cunts. The Premier league really have fucked up by allowing these cunts to get away with murder. 

The fuckers have robbed us and other teams of genuine success. If we miss out on the title again by a point it will be a fucking piss take. 

If it wasn't for us the Premier league would be worse than the french league.

Nah, it'd still be the French league, but with us running away with it every season.

What Klopp is doing is truly remarkable and sadly won't have all of the acolades it deserves.

Nothing massively changes  from today. They were never going to drop points. If they went to West Ham or Wolves and got the three points then I'd be deflated. 

Tomorrow we'll shash the blueshite but Richarlisson will be dangerous in that he's a horrible bastard and could injure one of our lads with spite. 

Villa and Newcastle haven't got a prayer against City.

53.5k at the Watford game 2018  and 53k today. All above board of course. City are good at keeping images of empty seats from view, DeBruyne took a corner today that went 40ft in the air and there was millions of blue seats in the top tier. Search for them online and there is nothing.

SmartSelect_20220423-200652_Chrome.jpg

SmartSelect_20220423-201235_Chrome.jpg

I was doing some stuff at home today so decided to put on the radio to hear where Manchester City were up to at the start of the match. The thing that was so notable was the tone of the commentary team on 5 Live (Ian Dennis and Jonathan Woodgate, with Mark Chapman in the studio). There was a boredom/disinterest to it, which in my experience is fairly rare in radio commentary which tends to be more evocative and detailed than TV in order to get the play and atmosphere across. 

Woodgate specifically mentioned the ground being really flat with minimal atmosphere, which during a 5-1 thumping in a title run in is s bit odd. I'm starting to think a lot of this stems from the lack of risk and jeopardy with City, they are so monstrously well resourced that they are flattening virtually all competition with ludicrous ease. There doesn't really feel like there is any adversity they are having to overcome which is depriving them of a story/narrative.

I don't know how others feel, but I can't summon the same degree of anger or animosity I had for Chelsea's financal doping for City. It just has a sadness to it, the inevitable outcome of vast capital accumulation from the oil and gas industry combined with the pimping out of Britain's cultural institutions.

• Upvote 7

46 minutes ago, No2 said:

53.5k at the Watford game 2018  and 53k today. All above board of course. City are good at keeping images of empty seats from view, DeBruyne took a corner today that went 40ft in the air and there was millions of blue seats in the top tier. Search for them online and there is nothing.

SmartSelect_20220423-200652_Chrome.jpg

SmartSelect_20220423-201235_Chrome.jpg

That's where all the virtual fans sit, nothing to see here.