You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

It only struck me the other day how shit their "Blue Moon" is: they only sing two lines, on repeat, the shitmeffs.

Also see…

City, City,

The worlds greatest football team

I like that “Nobody fucking cares” also fits the second line perfectly.

3 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Also see…

City, City,

The worlds greatest football team

I like that “Nobody fucking cares” also fits the second line perfectly.

It's a bit embarrassing really, half their songs are just droning, and when they do think if a new one it's usually about another club. 

I love the fact our lot are always coming up with songs for the players, feels like it's almost every other week that we have a new one and it's great when everyone gets into it a game or two later. 

Meet Tony Creep, CEO of new cryptocurrency start-up CreepCrypt Ltd. A major new crypto-currency trading business with investment from the Middle East, and proud new sponsors of Man City players' shin pads to the tune of £200m.

Teenager Using Lap Top Computer In Bedroom by Dina Marie Giangregorio

• Upvote 6

36 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Looks like Haaland to City for £70m + 5 year deal at £500000 pw + bonuses + "agents fees".
Apparently Real Madrid backed out because it's too expensive for them.

City couldn't even sell all of their tickets for the FA Cup semi final, so how does this jive with FFP again ???

Ooh! Ooh! I know this one! Is it because they have millions incoming from sponsors who don't actually exist? The ones the FA have under investigation; an investigation on which there's been absolutely no progress made for a year, for reasons only the FA and Man City know? Is that the answer? 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Looks like Haaland to City for £70m + 5 year deal at £500000 pw + bonuses + "agents fees".
Apparently Real Madrid backed out because it's too expensive for them.

City couldn't even sell all of their tickets for the FA Cup semi final, so how does this jive with FFP again ???

The genius of Pep. How does he do it? 

Why haven't they been able to attract glory hunters and big game whoppers in the way Chelsea did? Chelsea were just as rich and obnoxious but played shit football, their support (in my eyes anyway) seemed to snowball. Certainly makes a mockery of their world beating commercial figures. Maybe we need to move these games online where their fans are.

8 minutes ago, No2 said:

Why haven't they been able to attract glory hunters and big game whoppers in the way Chelsea did? Chelsea were just as rich and obnoxious but played shit football, their support (in my eyes anyway) seemed to snowball. Certainly makes a mockery of their world beating commercial figures. Maybe we need to move these games online where their fans are.

They're way ahead if you. 

https://mancity.com/news/club/manchester-city-sony-partnership

26 minutes ago, No2 said:

Chelsea are in London which has @ 8million people in and around it. Also very touristy. 

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

Meet Tony Creep, CEO of new cryptocurrency start-up CreepCrypt Ltd. A major new crypto-currency trading business with investment from the Middle East, and proud new sponsors of Man City players' shin pads to the tune of £200m.

Teenager Using Lap Top Computer In Bedroom by Dina Marie Giangregorio

I'm putting it down to the world we live in (and those blue cunts) that I didn't instantly dismiss that out of hand.

On 19/04/2022 at 10:30, No2 said:

That tends to happen over a period of years.

Said it before but only is and utd have that level of national (international)level of support.

Chelsea never really had it.

12 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

That tends to happen over a period of years.

Said it before but only is and utd have that level of national (international)level of support.

Chelsea never really had it.

I think Chelsea where the go to team for the lads that just wanted to be included in chats in canteens and the likes. Lads that liked football but never had a passion for it gravitated towards Chelsea. I just don't see any of that with City. I coach my young lads under 8s and you never see City jersey's, tonnes of Liverpool and Utd, the odd Arsenal or Chelsea shirt and annoyingly plenty of PSG tops. That's the age demographic you would expect to see City in but they don't appear to have made any headway.