Jump to content
Naz17

Man City - the new bitters?

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, Code said:

 

It obviously is. 

You say that, but the BBC website says almost exactly the same thing and it definitely isn't sarcasm. Who can tell these days when the media are so far up P£p's arse?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

They’re not going to shag you Henry. 

 

FB925E97-4AF2-4DD3-A41C-B6F9D41FC87E.jpeg

I can't work out what winters point is. Is he saying fair play for playing despite having 7 1st teamers missing? Even though he's saying they have the biggest squad and the rules are different in the fa cup and they've no choice but to play?

 

Or is he complementing them for actually using 1st team players? Even though they don't play for a week, so it's in their interests to keep them sharp? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

They’re not going to shag you Henry. 

 

FB925E97-4AF2-4DD3-A41C-B6F9D41FC87E.jpeg

I like Winter as a writer but that's pure bollocks or sychophancy. city announced they had 21 'covid positive' cases, when they had previously reported none, only after Torres had left them to join Barcelona who actually announced their new signing was positive and on the eve of this game.

 

City, along with all other PL clubs, would have known in advance the FA decree that all ties involving PL clubs should go ahead this weekend or else. Instead, city announced to the media at the same time as they did their covid cases, that their cup tie would go ahead 'no matter what.' Yeah, against a League Two club and in the knowledge of the FA's decree.

 

Call me a cynic but this is pure bullshit from city and Winter for being taken in by city's bluff. Shouldnt Winter and his co horts actually be praising League Two outfit Swindon, who have a fraction of city's resources, getting a team out while not cryarsing about the number of covid cases in their ranks and not spilling their guts all over the place about the tie going ahead 'no matter what'?

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

City said what they said purely because they wanted to look like the good guys after the hammering we took for asking for a postponement. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aws said:

City said what they said purely because they wanted to look like the good guys after the hammering we took for asking for a postponement. 

Been thinking the exact same thing. Such is their media & PR dept’s obsession with us I wouldn’t be surprised if they counted up all positive cases of employees on the payroll and announced it so that their fulfilment of the fixture would look all noble compared to nasty Liverpool having to postpone a game.

 

Abu Dhabi FC, saving football once again.

 

Cunts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aws said:

City said what they said purely because they wanted to look like the good guys after the hammering we took for asking for a postponement. 

Totally agree which is why Winter's piece is bullshit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The pro-oil cheat propaganda is out in full force today, and, honestly it makes me fucking sick.
The state of these headlines. It’s actually nothing to do with billions of blood petro dollars or openly cheating FFP, their success is apparently down to a lack of stupidity and changing the complexion of the premier league.

The scum editor being at lock down parties shows us how free from corruption our press is. These 2 journalists are about the best of the bunch usually too.

I hope Chelsea beat them tomorrow to give us a bit of hope.

 

AC79F76B-643D-44DC-9EA8-BFDC3C66CAE2.png

A51B1146-BA2D-44D8-8E9C-14089BD90328.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Reckoner said:

The pro-oil cheat propaganda is out in full force today, and, honestly it makes me fucking sick.
The state of these headlines. It’s actually nothing to do with billions of blood petro dollars or openly cheating FFP, their success is apparently down to a lack of stupidity and changing the complexion of the premier league.

The scum editor being at lock down parties shows us how free from corruption our press is. These 2 journalists are about the best of the bunch usually too.

I hope Chelsea beat them tomorrow to give us a bit of hope.

 

AC79F76B-643D-44DC-9EA8-BFDC3C66CAE2.png

A51B1146-BA2D-44D8-8E9C-14089BD90328.png

Read the Barney Ronay piece and he fairly goes to town on them. Couldn't argue with any of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, No2 said:

Read the Barney Ronay piece and he fairly goes to town on them. Couldn't argue with any of it.

The headline wound me up but you’re right it’s actually a great article, here’s the link 

Emotionless gang of oil cunts

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yet some think it's all to do with peps genius and the clubs footballing prowess. City's success is 100 percent because they're owned by a country whose ruling class spend billions through boredom and to sportswash. They're cheats they've cheated the game and robbed other clubs of silverware and the premierleague longterm is fucked because people will get fed and its popularity dwindle.

 

Same goes for Chelsea too. The whole loan system needs fixing.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, No2 said:

Missus asked me go fo to IKEA, pretty much sums up City that I've no objections. 

Id rather be invited to an embassy under false pretences than go to IKEA 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boring club, boring fans. They've reduced winning stuff to a procedure with a formula, with everything that makes football great, missing. 

 

They win leagues the way a train spotter accumulates engine numbers. 

 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we win our game in hand against Leeds, the difference between us will be fours draws. Should be two, given the 'generous' refereeing they benefited from against Arsenal and Wolves. Not bad considering the run they've been on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

If we win our game in hand against Leeds, the difference between us will be fours draws. Should be two, given the 'generous' refereeing they benefited from against Arsenal and Wolves. Not bad considering the run they've been on.

And the generous refereeing Spurs got at White Hart Lane, don't forget. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rushies tash said:

If we win our game in hand against Leeds, the difference between us will be fours draws. Should be two, given the 'generous' refereeing they benefited from against Arsenal and Wolves. Not bad considering the run they've been on.


I feel I’m generally very positive about us.

 

I have faith we can go on a great run and take a significant amount of points.

 

Klopp giving it biftas at full time today, to me, suggests we can also go on a great run and not give up.

 

I just don’t have the faith the remaining sides can take enough points from City to make a fist of it.


Them drawing 4 games is also reliant on us winning 17/17. 

 

If we get / keep everybody fit, and I know it’s a massively tall order, I don’t think doing our part is necessarily unachievable, I just don’t currently see another 3 sides doing us a favour.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Scott_M said:


I feel I’m generally very positive about us.

 

I have faith we can go on a great run and take a significant amount of points.

 

Klopp giving it biftas at full time today, to me, suggests we can also go on a great run and not give up.

 

I just don’t have the faith the remaining sides can take enough points from City to make a fist of it.


Them drawing 4 games is also reliant on us winning 17/17. 

 

If we get / keep everybody fit, and I know it’s a massively tall order, I don’t think doing our part is necessarily unachievable, I just don’t currently see another 3 sides doing us a favour.

Same mate, realistically I reckon we'll just fall short. I just think that with the doom and gloom around here with how we're playing and the fact that City are winning game after game, it's worth remembering that our position isn't too bad considering. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Same mate, realistically I reckon we'll just fall short. I just think that with the doom and gloom around here with how we're playing and the fact that City are winning game after game, it's worth remembering that our position isn't too bad considering. 


I can’t say more than I think we can put a great run together, I don’t think City will drop enough.

 

Yesterday felt a demoralising kick in the balls. Not just the result, but the way City, comfortably, beat the European Champions & side second in league.

 

Granted, that might say more about Chelsea yesterday (especially how they bust their nuts against us) but still, City were very good & rarely troubled.

 

I don’t want to sound defeatist, I genuinely believe in us, I just don’t believe in anybody else. 
 

Still, if we don’t do our part and give all we’ve got, we’ll never know. 
 

But no, our position isn’t dreadful. At all. If Thiago can stay fit (I know…) I genuinely believe we’re the team to beat, even above City.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×