You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

The Mendy thing has to be scary for a club. I'm not sure how you're supposed to forecast a player could become a serious criminal after you sign them. 

But perhaps City could have done a better evaluation of his character to know he could turn shit. He was always really talented in France and physically gifted also but very inconsistent. In hindsight, never had the motivation to get the most out of his talent. 

59 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

The Mendy thing has to be scary for a club. I'm not sure how you're supposed to forecast a player could become a serious criminal after you sign them. 

But perhaps City could have done a better evaluation of his character to know he could turn shit. He was always really talented in France and physically gifted also but very inconsistent. In hindsight, never had the motivation to get the most out of his talent. 

He never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

Ched Evans liked this.

18 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Can't really throw shade at city for Mendy as much as I'd like too. Luckily for them they're so financially doped up its a minor loss.

They played him for months after he was first arrested. There was tonnes of rumours a PL player was arrested for sexual assault and abduction, the rumours at the time where Mason Greenwood. City knew full well it was him.

• Upvote 1

These really are the most fucking boring thing to ever happen to football. Like a boring rich kid playing FIFA with cheat codes and wondering why nobody in his class wants to come round and play. Boring manager, boring players, shite fan base and no club culture, half empty ground and tedious, formulaic approach to accumulating wins and trophies. Buy, win, buy, win, lose - buy - win, buy, win.

Like playing golf with Kim Jong un, fucking sporting, spiritual oubliette.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I'm afraid it's looking like these cheating tossers will piss the league again. It's almost impossible to compete with a club like this. Frankly it was a miracle we ever beat them to the title a few seasons ago. Nothing special about them, just lottery winners and financially doped to fuck. Newcastle will be the next rich cunts to compete with. 

• Upvote 3

On 22/12/2021 at 17:42, an tha said:

Banking 50m for Torres off Barcelona who despite being broke have taken a loan to fund deal.

There's something a bit odd about this deal. What has he done in 18 months to go from a £20 million price tag to a £50 million one? 

It's even more odd considering the buying club are skint!

The Premier league has killed itself by allowing these to do what they want and its going to be worse in a few seasons when Newcastle start down thecsame path. 

It's a shame that we have one of thr best teams in our history yet we only have 1 league title to show for it. 

I still can't get over the fact they were invited to thr super league. I also see this Premier league onbestigation for FFP breaches has pretty much dried up. 

They're cheating their way to another title. They are a fucking cancer on the league and thr sport in general. 

Fuck CAS as well the corrupt twats. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Baltar said:

I'm afraid it's looking like these cheating tossers will piss the league again. It's almost impossible to compete with a club like this. Frankly it was a miracle we ever beat them to the title a few seasons ago. Nothing special about them, just lottery winners and financially doped to fuck. Newcastle will be the next rich cunts to compete with. 

It's the procession-like, almost mechanical approach to it all that I find the most soul destroying.

Clubs have dominated with money before, but I've never seen a club which treats it all like 'a job' to the extent that they do.

It's like winning for them isn't an achievement as such, it's more about stamping out usurpers so they can maintain their marketing strategy. 

The players are motivated by money. The manager is motivated by bitterness that he knows he's not respected, so spends most of his forward facing role giving off a 'fuck you all' persona. The fans....I can't even work them out, what with their half empty grounds. There's clearly no joy there, regardless of what they try and pretend. A Dickens villain of a football club.

If city were a divorced bloke they'd live in a big house but own no furniture, and would spend most of their disposable income having their ex wife followed by a private detective. They'd occasionally call prostitutes for hand relief then spend the rest of the evening staring at a wall. Everyone in the village would think he's an oddball, except the white van man, who thinks he's inspirational.

• Upvote 4

The grim reality is that they're ahead of everyone else by a mile at the minute. Yeah, yes I know, our first 11. They can go toe to toe with City easily. Look at the ease they're handling the recent fixtures at this busy time though. That 60m player a bit tired? No problem, bring the other one in. Who can play centre mid today? How about 100m back-up Graelish? It was a miracle we won the other year, a freak even. Only us and maybe United will take points off them now that they're in their strid. Doubt they'll drop more than 4pts between now and May. 

I don't understand all this defeatist nonsense. Why are they so nailed on to win the league? We've got a hard January ahead, but if we find a way through it, we'll be on their tails. We're 1 win behind them if we win our game in hand. At the moment they're having it easy because they are playing decimated teams and have massive squad themselves. But we have Leicester tomorrow who are a fucking shambles. So we get out and do what we do and put the pressure on them to keep going. They've had periods this season where they were far from convincing. But right now they're on a hot streak. Our job is just keep the pressure on, we don't need to win 7-0, just fucking win. Stop being fucking big babies.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 11

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I don't understand all this defeatist nonsense. Why are they so nailed on to win the league? We've got a hard January ahead, but if we find a way through it, we'll be on their tails. We're 1 win behind them if we win our game in hand. At the moment they're having it easy because they are playing decimated teams and have massive squad themselves. But we have Leicester tomorrow who are a fucking shambles. So we get out and do what we do and put the pressure on them to keep going. They've had periods this season where they were far from convincing. But right now they're on a hot streak. Our job is just keep the pressure on, we don't need to win 7-0, just fucking win. Stop being fucking big babies.  

It's the same knob heads who said:

- we've been "found out" after 6 'home' losses with no fit centre backs or fans in March

- Thiago is a fraud in April

- We still won't make top 4 in May

- we need to buy 2 attackers and 2 midfielders in June

- FSG are cunts (again) in July

- we'd be lucky to make top 4 in August

- they still couldn't believe we didn't replace Wijnaldum in September

- there is no point in playing Origi in October

- we're not going to catch Chelsea in November

They get off on it. Leave them be.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

All spot on, but you've got to be at your best all year and be lucky with injuries because they can just outspend you at every turn to replace injuries or shite signings.

If they lose the league they'll just spend more again until they win again. It's fucking tedious is what it is that this is basically going to be English football for the foreseeable. 

As I say too, it's the souless monotony of it that's so striking. They're not building a dynasty or playing in great matches that will stand the test of time, they're just outspending everyone, dismantling opposition teams and winning only to cement their spot in a PR operation. 

When you think of some of the clubs that have gone before at the top table, grounds swelled with song and scarf, classy managers and players, glorious matches that will be spoken about for decades, the Barcelonas, the Milans, the Ajaxs, and yes, us.

Now, what more could illustrate a broken game than a tinpot club that couldn't comjour up a legends team to save their lives, with a half empty ground and a smattering of half wits in the corner singing 'you're shit and you know you are' to the opposition goalie, funded by a vile regime for public relations purposes, with a trail of brazenly broken rules behind it.

* Adopts Russel Crowe voice.

There once was a dream that was football. This is not it. This-is-not-it!

• Upvote 4

As we have proved, it is possible to beat them to the title (or at least run them close), but you have to be nigh on perfect to do so. That's what pisses me off so much about what they are doing. The whole league is skewed and its sucking the joy out each successive season. Its also the reason Anfield gets so tense and jittery when we have a one goal lead - whereas before, a couple of dropped points were a pain in the arse, but not unrecoverable, now you know it'll leave you further behind these cunts. In fact, if it weren't for Klopp, these fuckers would have won the league for the past 4 seasons. For teams like Everton or Villa, who'll never get close to even challenging, it might seem funny for a while to laugh at Liverpool not winning it, but how soon will it be before this procession becomes boring for everyone? How dispiriting for them to know that there's very little chance of anyone else doing what Leicester did? I think we'll run them close again, I'd like to think we'll win it this year even, but as has been said, they'll just go out and spunk £150m on Haaland if that happens.