You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

4 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Pretty sure a lot called him all sorts after the West Brom draw…

It was Palace wasn’t it when he criticised supporters leaving early, saying he felt alone? 

To be fair, like most things, he’s was right. He’d only been here a couple of months at that point, not 5 years. 

Incidentally, was there an official gate for Wednesday night? 

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

It was Palace wasn’t it when he criticised supporters leaving early, saying he felt alone? 

To be fair, like most things, he’s was right. He’d only been here a couple of months at that point, not 5 years. 

Around 36000 for city

20 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Pretty sure a lot called him all sorts after the West Brom draw…

He got criticised by the media for lining the players up at the Kop at the end of that game. I dont recollect fans calling him though.

10 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Yeah, when loads pissed off early as they do. Never get this leaving early to beat the crowd. Last time I did that I missed Toshack's 91st minute winner against Burnley and missed me fucking bus at everton Valley!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

He got criticised by the media for lining the players up at the Kop at the end of that game. I dont recollect fans calling him though.

Maybe when City wallop Southampton tomorrow, Pep should do the same. 

After 5 years, 3 titles, 1 FA Cup, 4 League Cups, consistently the latter stages of the CL and some fantastic players & football, he must be fucked off he / they can’t generate a proper support. 

19 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

Around 36000 for city

38k was the official but loads of people on BlueMoon were there and they could tell by looking around that there was hardly any empty seats, so they’re ignoring the official number because there was at least 48,000 there. Honest.

Leipzig only brought 31 fans. That’s why it looked empty. Honest. 

Trying to get City’s average attendance, but it’s impossible. 

Although the below might be “factually” accurate, in reality there aren’t…

67C2448A-F5A0-446E-B1B9-990F048D931E.jpeg

…how many empty seats do you ever see at Anfield in any competition? Barely any. How many do you see at City, even for big games? Plenty. 

What I would say in City’s defence (I know) is that they didn’t used to fill the Emptyhad at 48k so it seems pointless expanding to 55k.

However, they’ll point them mostly selling out the bigger games as the reason why they have a 55k ground, as it generates extra income in those additional games.

Also, they hold a lot of gigs there. The extra capacity when Bon Jovi or Spice Girls play there make it worth while. 

Stupid fuck. 

The stats might tell us the stadium is full but people’s eyes tell them something significantly different. 

They might not have 3-4k tourists (although they try desperately hard to) but they do give away substantial numbers to their academy, schools and groups for free. 

8 minutes ago, aws said:

Big difference between actual attendance and number of tickets sold/ given away/ lost in the post. 

DXO73SUXUAo9HSY.jpg

This is the Emirates in the Emery years and is quite clearly empty, yet recorded as a full house, but there are legitimate resons for a lot of the empty seats, season ticket holders non attendance, touts have a fucking load of season tickets they sell for individual matches that not cunt was buying, then just the normal reasons on top.

City don't have that excuse as they don't have the season ticket numbers that Arsenal have, so their empty seat are seats that have not been paid for in the first place.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

DXO73SUXUAo9HSY.jpg

This is the Emirates in the Emery years and is quite clearly empty, yet recorded as a full house, but there are legitimate resons for a lot of the empty seats, season ticket holders non attendance, touts have a fucking load of season tickets they sell for individual matches that not cunt was buying, then just the normal reasons on top.

City don't have that excuse as they don't have the season ticket numbers that Arsenal have, so their empty seat are seats that have not been paid for in the first place.

That’s not what their accounts say. 

2 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

DXO73SUXUAo9HSY.jpg

That’s not really a valid excuse. Surely at the Emirates they have a system to see what tickets are actually used on the night, not just tickets sold. It’s total fraud.

4 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Yeah, when loads pissed off early as they do. Never get this leaving early to beat the crowd. Last time I did that I missed Toshack's 91st minute winner against Burnley and missed me fucking bus at everton Valley!

I missed big Div’s 96th minute winner against Everton.