You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

4 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

He must cast an envious eye on our game last night, the noise and atmosphere and feel all hollow inside, perhaps has a little cry as he goes to sleep. 

If I was a City player, I’d be thinking “Who am I do this for?”.

Unfortunately, hundreds of thousands of pounds a week means they likely aren’t arsed at what the answer is.

Pep is a little out of order. They are a medium size club, they don't have 100,000 people waiting on the chance of a ticket. The problem is Pep, he chose to go to a club with no support outside its local area, he chose the $ instead of the adulation and worship he could have received at almost any big club he wanted. He's there long enough to know the bots can't attend every game.

5 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Please be our fwiends.

E9C3854C-0206-4CF7-96B8-209AFF8D19E9.jpeg

Mad that but says a lot about them that out of their first five Premier League games, three of them have kicked off at 3 bells.  Whenever we have one, like on Saturday, everyone is made up as it feels like a flash back to the old days.

To be fair to City fans they do have a lot of obstacles that other clubs don’t face, such as  these spelt out below by one of the fan groups spokesperson…

‘‘It did surprise me,” Parker said. “I’m not sure what that’s got to do with him. He doesn’t understand the difficulties that some people might have getting to a game at the Etihad on a Wednesday evening at 8pm. They’ve got kids to think of, they might not be able to afford it, there are still some Covid issues about … I don’t see why he comments on it.’

When you see what the barriers are, things like kick off times, childcare issues, cost, COVID and the like it hits home how different their struggles are to the rest of footballs fans who don’t have to contend with such nonsense.

Maybe walk, well maybe don’t as they don’t seem to like travel, maybe sit for a while in their shoes and think about that a little before admonishing them.

• Upvote 2

All the money in the world wont ever make them a bigger club than us. All they are is the Everton of Manchester who got lucky. United will always eclipse them in that city, same as we will over them lot in this one. Everton couldn't fill their ground for European games (ok it was Europa league but even so after they've not been in Europe for years they should be packing it out no throwing kids at players) 

Fuck city, Fuck Everton and fuck both their sets of stay-away, deluded fans. 

• Upvote 3

Dutch Engineer turned up at our work today. He’d flown in to Manchester yesterday. Before he left Holland he checked us out for tickets as he knew we were playing Milan. No chance he said.

Landed in Manchester, asked in his hotel about City Tickets, got one for £30 and went last night. “Quiet” was how he described it.