Naz17

Man City - the new bitters?

It's funny seeing loads of Evertonians whingeing all of a sudden about City spending loads of cash. Because it means that the top six is a closed shop and they aren't allowed to spend because of FFP. Now they are livid because they are being excluded even though they've got a billionaire owner.

Obviously didn't matter when City won the league by one point beating us to the title in 2019 or winning tge league again this season just gone. No, they were the finest football team ever assembled in English football. 

Also never bothered them when they were spending half a billion on shit players whilst saying we were skint and can only afford a loft conversion instead of a new stadium like them. 

• Upvote 2

Hilarious that they've given Grealish the #10 about 5 minutes before the Messi announcement.

What odds that they actually take his shirt number off him to give it to Leo? I'd say Grealish will be lucky to keep that number for a week.

Apparently a few of his players have said they want to leave including Bernardo Silva. Hope there's a shit load of unrest and they all think he's a bald cunt. 

• Upvote 4

37 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

God what a prick.

20210806_154046.jpg

I get more pissed off with all the media gobshites turning a blind eye as to how the mancs stack the odds in their favour, instead dressing it up like he's the second coming. I'd like to think that past journalists would have consistently pointed this out but maybe that's just me.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

I get more pissed off with all the media gobshites turning a blind eye as to how the mancs stack the odds in their favour, instead dressing it up like he's the second coming. I'd like to think that past journalists would have consistently pointed this out but maybe that's just me.

There’s three journalists on Twitter that have got City’s number and aren’t afraid to call them out, Miguel Delaney, Tariq Panja and Nick Harris. I love the way City fans follow the three of them around defending their owners, it’s unbelievable the hoops they jump through on behalf of the sheikh and his minions. Most of it is just that these journalists want to protect the Mancs/Liverpool/Arsenal established order even though at least one of these journalists is a Southampton season ticket holder. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Damn, when you see it laid out like that, it really would be an epic failure not to win multiple European trophies with that squad 

I think you can argue that Guardiola has massively underperformed relative to resources as it is. Three league titles & some heavily diminished domestic cups is a poor return for a billion spent on an already outstanding squad over five seasons.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I think you can argue that Guardiola has massively underperformed relative to resources as it is. Three league titles & some heavily diminished domestic cups is a poor return for a billion spent on an already outstanding squad over five seasons.

Never rated him. 

15 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

He was brought in to win the Champions League because Mancini and Pellegrini couldn’t/didn’t.

Given the resources all three have had, it’s been an epic fail so far, but it’ll happen one day and all the previous failure will be conveniently forgotten about.

1 hour ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Yeah, they're approaching PSG level, where it's almost assumed they'll win the domestic trophies. Anyone else doing so is a deviation from the growing norm. Yet, any season without a European Cup is still a failure considering the stupendous outlay.

13 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I guess to the real city fans it's like putting a cheat on a computer game it's fun at first but then completely unrewarding and it ruins your love of the game entirely.

Yeah but getting Chelsea to buy Peter Gulacsi off you for 120 million will never by be funny