You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

13 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I guess to the real city fans it's like putting a cheat on a computer game it's fun at first but then completely unrewarding and it ruins your love of the game entirely.

Yeah but getting Chelsea to buy Peter Gulacsi off you for 120 million will never by be funny 

Internally for them it's easy, they can buy the best players and afford the best lawyers to get them out of trouble. Off the pitch everything they do comes in terms of engagement and trying to replicate what they see at other clubs comes across as try hard.

I'm stealing the point from elsewhere, and can't remember where I heard it to credit them, but the Grealish announcement and presentation was there attempt at replicating Shearers signing for Newcastle and being presented to a sea of people outside the ground as this big iconic moment but they just don't have it and they struggle to manufacture it.

They wanted the Obama inauguration but ended up with Trumps.

5 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Internally for them it's easy, they can buy the best players and afford the best lawyers to get them out of trouble. Off the pitch everything they do comes in terms of engagement and trying to replicate what they see at other clubs comes across as try hard.

I'm stealing the point from elsewhere, and can't remember where I heard it to credit them, but the Grealish announcement and presentation was there attempt at replicating Shearers signing for Newcastle and being presented to a sea of people outside the ground as this big iconic moment but they just don't have it and they struggle to manufacture it.

They wanted the Obama inauguration but ended up with Trumps.

Look, I will not allow you to demean City so unfairly, because they had a massive crowd of people. Look again at that sea of people, and deny they had a crowd. A big, big crowd. That was some crowd. You obviously only saw the crowd early on, before everyone else arrived.

Blue moon fun:

Spurs are making Nuno look like an absolute mug.
spurs look like they're missing a certain someone here
The way Levy has handled this whole Kane affair is outrageous. If he’s not for sale - he could have made that 100 per cent clear in early June. But no he holds weeks of secret negotiations… trying to get an outrageous fee whilst constantly briefing the press pack that he’s being bullied into a sale. Levy is an absolute arse and I hope other players are taking note.
Get Son instead of Kane - he scores the important goals. Kane just builds stats.
I’d pay 200m after that show
hopefully now people see why we need Kane. get him in.
And they say Levy isn't a master negotiator, yet he managed to require us to play at League 1 level against them as part of the deal. Genius
After today’s game Levy has even more power over this deal. It’s clear for anyone to see how much we need a striker.

Pay up or shut up now City.
Fookin ridiculous this has not been sorted before the start of the season.

we don’t sign him or a striker by Wednesday then no way are we winning champs league this season & makes the Grealish signing a bit pointless.

Its going to take weeks for a fully fit & functional team playing.
If we can't sign Kane. I think taking a punt on Martinez or Vlahovic is better than wasting another year with a false 9.
Give Levy the £150mill in any way we can afford and get Kane in. Stop f***ing about with Levy. Put the money down and call his bluff. Who gives a shit about Levy, his media, and the Spurs fans boasting afterwards.

45 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

They need a Fernandino replacement.

I thought he looked incredibly slow on Sunday, could just be it's the first game of the season but he wasn't even getting close enough to a Spurs player to do his "tactical" fouls

• Upvote 1