Jump to content
Naz17

Man City - the new bitters?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

I see Newcastle players gave city a proper honour guard last night, no bitching about it, no historionics over it and lack of respect, unlike them cunts last season. Well done Toon players.

I bet Silva was lapping it up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tell you what gets on my tits about these, whereas Chelsea fans accepted their newfound wealth with smugness and this "We're richer than you" patter, city still seem to be trying to constantly pepeetuate the idea that they're underdogs, it's amazing. Seen stuff on twitter where they're going on about this centre back lad they've got winning a gong, going on about how VVD "came into a settled defence" and their lad never. Fighting the good fight, Roy of the Rovers stuff. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Tell you what gets on my tits about these, whereas Chelsea fans accepted their newfound wealth with smugness and this "We're richer than you" patter, city still seem to be trying to constantly pepeetuate the idea that they're underdogs, it's amazing. Seen stuff on twitter where they're going on about this centre back lad they've got winning a gong, going on about how VVD "came into a settled defence" and their lad never. Fighting the good fight, Roy of the Rovers stuff. 

They somehow came out of the ESL debacle as some kind of heroes - even though they were signed up to it! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Tell you what gets on my tits about these, whereas Chelsea fans accepted their newfound wealth with smugness and this "We're richer than you" patter, city still seem to be trying to constantly pepeetuate the idea that they're underdogs, it's amazing. Seen stuff on twitter where they're going on about this centre back lad they've got winning a gong, going on about how VVD "came into a settled defence" and their lad never. Fighting the good fight, Roy of the Rovers stuff. 

They're cunts.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

 

There will definitely be some (not) interesting and (never) amusing LiVARpool type replies to that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see they've signed a couple of promising young Brazilian lads and loaned them out to Troyes in France (one of their "City group" clubs) for a season. Also, Talles Magno, another promising Brazilian we were linked with before we got Jota, has signed for NYCFC. Probably hoovered up to see if he can make it at City, with the luxury of giving him senior game time at one of their affiliates. 

 

These fuckers are absolutely rotten to the core. The press and rival fans would be all over this shite if it wasn't us who they were competing with for the shiny pots. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Heinze said:

No one cares about them winning. It's all about the race for top 4 and them cunts are fuming over it.

To be fair the title race in recent years (barring our 2nd place in 19) hasn’t been much of a race. Getting into the top 4 has always been more interesting. 
 

Sadly if City continue to spend as they have it’ll be like this for a while longer unless Jurgen can work miracles again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Heinze said:

No one cares about them winning. It's all about the race for top 4 and them cunts are fuming over it.

True, there'll be a few people giving it the "anyone but Liverpool" shit but that's about it.

 

If there was a pre season tournament in the States or Australia, would anyone give a fuck about going to watch them? They're a supercharged Volvo, that's all they'll ever be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/05/2021 at 00:50, Razoray said:

And the irony is that the sports journos in the Observer and Guardian are just as guilty as the City fans of compartmentalising the performances in the field and how they’ve arrived at them, ignoring context and turning a blind eye to the cheating that’s got them to where they are. 
There’s another writer out there, can’t remember his name, who’s made a compelling case that many of the responses on social media defending City and peddling this narrative of underdogs and saviours of East Manchester are actually coming from a PR company paid by Abu Dhabi, pretending to be normal fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DaveT said:

And the irony is that the sports journos in the Observer and Guardian are just as guilty as the City fans of compartmentalising the performances in the field and how they’ve arrived at them, ignoring context and turning a blind eye to the cheating that’s got them to where they are. 
There’s another writer out there, can’t remember his name, who’s made a compelling case that many of the responses on social media defending City and peddling this narrative of underdogs and saviours of East Manchester are actually coming from a PR company paid by Abu Dhabi, pretending to be normal fans.

 

https://www.campaignlive.co.uk/article/man-city-calls-influencers-build-hype-champions-league-home-games/1663436

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Tell you what gets on my tits about these, whereas Chelsea fans accepted their newfound wealth with smugness and this "We're richer than you" patter, city still seem to be trying to constantly pepeetuate the idea that they're underdogs, it's amazing. Seen stuff on twitter where they're going on about this centre back lad they've got winning a gong, going on about how VVD "came into a settled defence" and their lad never. Fighting the good fight, Roy of the Rovers stuff. 

This has really started to dawn on me more and more in recent years - I couldn't agree more. Whenever City are accused of buying titles and trophies they'll pipe up all over social media claiming it's nothing to do with money - it's Guardiola, it's a brilliant football structure, it's their youth academy, anything but oodles of oil cash. Oh, and everyone else spends cash as well - Liverpool have spent more cash, United have spent more cash, everyone has spent more cash - why don't you have a go at them instead?

 

I find it utterly bizarre. Being completely rational, I can completely accept that Guardiola has done a cracking job there: sure he's spent money but we've seen that money alone isn't enough to make a team absolutely dominant. However completely and utterly denying it's right at the very heart of the project is tinfoil hat territory. There's no shame in accepting it, denying it makes you look like a complete fucking lunatic.

 

And then it hit me. They're a small club, they always will be - they can't deal with the fact that with titles and success comes scrutiny, jealousy, criticism and caveats - so they're incapable of taking it on the chin, they have to keep denying it. You can't have it both ways kids - if you want to be the loveable rogues of English football, put the chequebook away and fuck off back down the leagues. If you want to win trophies, accept the criticism.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Manny said:

This has really started to dawn on me more and more in recent years - I couldn't agree more. Whenever City are accused of buying titles and trophies they'll pipe up all over social media claiming it's nothing to do with money - it's Guardiola, it's a brilliant football structure, it's their youth academy, anything but oodles of oil cash. Oh, and everyone else spends cash as well - Liverpool have spent more cash, United have spent more cash, everyone has spent more cash - why don't you have a go at them instead?

 

I find it utterly bizarre. Being completely rational, I can completely accept that Guardiola has done a cracking job there: sure he's spent money but we've seen that money alone isn't enough to make a team absolutely dominant. However completely and utterly denying it's right at the very heart of the project is tinfoil hat territory. There's no shame in accepting it, denying it makes you look like a complete fucking lunatic.

 

And then it hit me. They're a small club, they always will be - they can't deal with the fact that with titles and success comes scrutiny, jealousy, criticism and caveats - so they're incapable of taking it on the chin, they have to keep denying it. You can't have it both ways kids - if you want to be the loveable rogues of English football, put the chequebook away and fuck off back down the leagues. If you want to win trophies, you've got to accept the criticism.

They're everton with shitloads more money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dockers_strike said:

They're everton with shitloads more money.

Yep. They want to be liked, everyone's second team. Goes with living in the shadow of your more successful neighbours I suppose. You get used to fans of other teams fighting it out with your rivals patting you on the head, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend, you're alright you lot not like them other lot, now what time's the buffet open at the Brick?" and so on.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Manny said:

This has really started to dawn on me more and more in recent years - I couldn't agree more. Whenever City are accused of buying titles and trophies they'll pipe up all over social media claiming it's nothing to do with money - it's Guardiola, it's a brilliant football structure, it's their youth academy, anything but oodles of oil cash. Oh, and everyone else spends cash as well - Liverpool have spent more cash, United have spent more cash, everyone has spent more cash - why don't you have a go at them instead?

 

I find it utterly bizarre. Being completely rational, I can completely accept that Guardiola has done a cracking job there: sure he's spent money but we've seen that money alone isn't enough to make a team absolutely dominant. However completely and utterly denying it's right at the very heart of the project is tinfoil hat territory. There's no shame in accepting it, denying it makes you look like a complete fucking lunatic.

 

And then it hit me. They're a small club, they always will be - they can't deal with the fact that with titles and success comes scrutiny, jealousy, criticism and caveats - so they're incapable of taking it on the chin, they have to keep denying it. You can't have it both ways kids - if you want to be the loveable rogues of English football, put the chequebook away and fuck off back down the leagues. If you want to win trophies, accept the criticism.

 

To my mind, even though this has been a shit season in every sense, it reinforces what an incredible job Klopp did last year besting the cunts. We spent decent money for the first time in years, and therefore were able to buy decent players (who'd have thought it) but the squad was still threadbare, and when injuries piled up we were duly fucked. 

 

Under city's model, they can just spend, and spend, and spend, and spend. They try and make out that they don't - and it's laughable.

 

It's like the way the Soviets eventually overran the Nazis, they didn't do it through strategy or good leadership, it was sheer weight of numbers. That's how city win, they wear you down with players, and more players, and more players until you can't compete. 

 

Guardiola knows this, there's no doubt about it, that's why he's become so touchy and arsey in recent years - he's a man who doth protest too much. Winning isn't winning when you're playing with cheat codes, he knows it and he's paranoid that everyone is saying it.   

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

 

To my mind, even though this has been a shit season in every sense, it reinforces what an incredible job Klopp did last year besting the cunts. We spent decent money for the first time in years, and therefore were able to buy decent players (who'd have thought it) but the squad was still threadbare, and when injuries piled up we were duly fucked. 

 

Under city's model, they can just spend, and spend, and spend, and spend. They try and make out that they don't - and it's laughable.

 

It's like the way the Soviets eventually overran the Nazis, they didn't do it through strategy or good leadership, it was sheer weight of numbers. That's how city win, they wear you down with players, and more players, and more players until you can't compete. 

 

Guardiola knows this, there's no doubt about it, that's why he's become so touchy and arsey in recent years - he's a man who doth protest too much. Winning isn't winning when you're playing with cheat codes, he knows it and he's paranoid that everyone is saying it.   

 

 

 

 

Haha yeah, putting my Eastern Front nerd hat on I'd say it's similar - there's no denying that they had some pretty brilliant (if ruthless) generals in the likes of Zhukov, Rokossovsky and Konev, but to deny they were just chucking lads into the meat grinder (especially before Stalingrad) and that they won through innovation alone is absurd.

 

image.png

 

Thinking about it there's probably a lot of similarities between how City's owners view City's fans and how Stalin saw the Red Army conscripts, tbh.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Manny said:

Haha yeah, putting my Eastern Front nerd hat on I'd say it's similar - there's no denying that they had some pretty brilliant (if ruthless) generals in the likes of Zhukov, Rokossovsky and Konev, but to deny they were just chucking lads into the meat grinder (especially before Stalingrad) and that they won through innovation alone is absurd.

 

image.png

 

Thinking about it there's probably a lot of similarities between how City's owners view City's fans and how Stalin saw the Red Army conscripts, tbh.

 

Apparently when German soldiers used to stand on the steppes of Russia quite a few of them would go insane because they couldn't get their head around the endless, unconquerable nothingness, like it was an actual, distinct psychological phenomenon. I think a lot of non City fans can relate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Haan'sThunderbolt said:

Doesn't matter how many trophies they 'win' - to me they'll always be Maine Road, and Peter Swales regularly sacking managers.....

Have you noticed how you don't get many City 'legends tournaments'. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Thanks for this.

This is actually the piece  I was thinking of..... https://medium.com/@NcGeehan/trollerball-188bfad1e63a  It's a long but interesting article, one element pf which is about the pro-City PR campaign and smearing of journalists who dare criticise the their owners.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×