Quantcast
Man City - the new bitters? - Page 218 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Naz17

Man City - the new bitters?

16 hours ago, Manny said:

Top to bottom whataboutery. Imagine the lack of self-respect that when someone writes something vaguely negative about your clubs ownership you throw yourself on the grenade and defend a bunch of hyper-rich cunts who don't give a fuck whether you live or die, all because their trinkets of footballers bring success that you associate with and which makes you feel better about yourself.

Absolute bootlickers.

To be honest, you could say pretty much the same about our fans who defend their Hedgefund overlords from Boston. 

• Upvote 2

Aye don’t disagree that we’ve got some who’ll defend our ownership as well. I don’t think it’s such a high proportion mind (most likely due to our owners’ lack of largesse) and also, crucially, it’s just sad that this impassioned defence of an autocratic regime is precisely the reason said autocratic regime bought a football club, and by drawing swords like this en masse they’re validating the whole stinking plan.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Manny said:

Aye don’t disagree that we’ve got some who’ll defend our ownership as well. I don’t think it’s such a high proportion mind (most likely due to our owners’ lack of largesse) and also, crucially, it’s just sad that this impassioned defence of an autocratic regime is precisely the reason said autocratic regime bought a football club, and by drawing swords like this en masse they’re validating the whole stinking plan.

I certainly think there is a sizeable group of LFC fans who would gladly swap owners if offered.

Probably stating the obvious here, but if we’re not winning it, I’d still rather City added to their asterisked list of titles than Manchester United.

I might dislike United, but they’re an actual football club with a history who we share a real rivalry with. Their success would hurt much more and I don’t want them adding to their titles (not that they were ever going to this season).

I reckon most others on here feel the same, and probably most United fans (their city rivals, FFS) which says a lot about the City ‘project’ and how it’s viewed by real football fans. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Probably stating the obvious here, but if we’re not winning it, I’d still rather City added to their asterisked list of titles than Manchester United.

I might dislike United, but they’re an actual football club with a history who we share a real rivalry with. Their success would hurt much more and I don’t want them adding to their titles (not that they were ever going to this season).

I reckon most others on here feel the same, and probably most United fans (their city rivals, FFS) which says a lot about the City ‘project’ and how it’s viewed by real football fans. 

I doubt anyone on here would think different. Anything City win is irrelevant just like they were until they won the oil lottery. I suspect a lot of their older fans aren't even that arsed. 

Im just amazed so many crapped their knickers at the thought that gimp had the wherewithal and have the stars align for him to take united to their first title in 8 years. Never thought it was going to happen.

Not being clever after the event. Pretty clear to me either city would start to rack up the wins, they have, or, we'd start piling on the points, we didnt.

I think next season could be a title race like 2018/2019 between us and them.

As of now, we will start it with a better eleven, but they have a much stronger squad. Hopefully, a good summer with a few very good players coming in and we can address that. 

20 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Hopefully, a good summer with a few very good players coming in

What are they smoking in the Whelan residence? 

2 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

I think next season could be a title race like 2018/2019 between us and them.

As of now, we will start it with a better eleven, but they have a much stronger squad. Hopefully, a good summer with a few very cheap players who are prospects (with a high resale value) coming in and we can address that. 

Fixed that for you Ronnie

4 hours ago, aws said:

What are they smoking in the Whelan residence? 

It's a craft beer called Hope. Goes down nicely but you wake up with a banging hangover the next morning saying never again.

2 hours ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Fixed that for you Ronnie

Sound Red lad! 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, deiseach said:

200+ comments in on this article (at the time of writing) and not one of their apologistsfans has realised what a sick burn this image is:

2559.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=forma

What's Prince William and Harry got to do with this?

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, TheBitch said:

I'd be surprised if they didn't win the CL this season, the pricks.

Eh they're no better than they were last year. Given a favourable draw they're certainly capable of winning it but I'd still say Bayern are favourites at the moment.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Herp McDerp said:

Eh they're no better than they were last year. Given a favourable draw they're certainly capable of winning it but I'd still say Bayern are favourites at the moment.

They're not conceding this year, their players aren't shitting themselves because of the training ground football in sterile stadiums with no fans to make them bottle it, it's between them and Bayern, and I'm reverse mockering. Think I'll put my mortgage on them to win it, that should help.

6 minutes ago, TheBitch said:

They're not conceding this year, their players aren't shitting themselves because of the training ground football in sterile stadiums with no fans to make them bottle it, it's between them and Bayern, and I'm reverse mockering. Think I'll put my mortgage on them to win it, that should help.

Whatever helps I suppose. Personally I'll only be bricking it if Chelsea make it into the semis. It's funny watching Pep lose his mind with is CL obsession but even if they were to win it it would barely register, wouldnt lose any sleep over it. Chelsea on the other hand can get to fuck.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, deiseach said:

200+ comments in on this article (at the time of writing) and not one of their apologistsfans has realised what a sick burn this image is:

2559.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=forma

Why is Pep sat in a caravan with Ex-Prince Harry, and Piers Morgan wandering around the field outside disguised as a cow?

I thought that. Just saw the results on the news. It said they’re 17 points clear I think. Just turned the telly off before Match of the Day started as I’m not remotely interested in watching it. I wonder if many other people feel like that? I know I’m slightly biased but it just renders the league dull as fuck and meaningless if these cunts are back to monotonously winning every week. I hope people switch off in droves.

44 minutes ago, Soft Joe said:

I thought that. Just saw the results on the news. It said they’re 17 points clear I think. Just turned the telly off before Match of the Day started as I’m not remotely interested in watching it. I wonder if many other people feel like that? I know I’m slightly biased but it just renders the league dull as fuck and meaningless if these cunts are back to monotonously winning every week. I hope people switch off in droves.

And to think that we are hated when we are the only team to take these cheats on and beat them. They'd be on their way to 4 titles in a row now if it wasn't for Jürgen and the lads. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Soft Joe said:

I think large parts of this country will be delighted because it's not us. This country is full of hypocritical cunts who see the value in LFC (and those other cunts from Salford for that matter) when we bring hundreds of millions to the league via TV rights and they want it filtered down the rest of the PL and the overall pyramid. Share your wealth, support our communities, level the playing field. Then a bunch of cunts who rule their country like it's the 1400s or something, with no democratic rights and an abhorrent human rights record, buy a club, cheat their way to the top and they're all fucking made up because it stops us. And if it's Everton I can kind of understand it. But it's not just them, it's people up and down the country who support no mark clubs who are just jealous but for some reason can let jealousy slide for these cunts. 

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think large parts of this country will be delighted because it's not us. This country is full of hypocritical cunts who see the value in LFC (and those other cunts from Salford for that matter) when we bring hundreds of millions to the league via TV rights and they want it filtered down the rest of the PL and the overall pyramid. Share your wealth, support our communities, level the playing field. Then a bunch of cunts who rule their country like it's the 1400s or something, with no democratic rights and an abhorrent human rights record, buy a club, cheat their way to the top and they're all fucking made up because it stops us. And if it's Everton I can kind of understand it. But it's not just them, it's people up and down the country who support no mark clubs who are just jealous but for some reason can let jealousy slide for these cunts. 

That’s because tribalism is easier to get their block heads around than geopolitics.  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Soft Joe said:

Did that happen last year?

Plenty of Liverpool fans want city to win the title rather than United or even the likes of Chelsea or spurs. Our tribalism steps in before whats good for the sport too. City winning is such a non event it effects nobody emotionally what they do except maybe united fans. Throw in VAR and removing in the moment celebrations of goals, apathy towards stupid decisions and ridiculous competition changes eventually nobody will be arsed about football. 

• Upvote 1