Quantcast
Man City - the new bitters? - Page 217 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Naz17

Man City - the new bitters?

1 minute ago, Baltar said:

Still think these fucks are going to be the closest challengers for the title. Seems a bit odd that they've been written off by so many. 

Given their ridiculous squad and typical good luck with injuries, I think they’re probably joint favourites. They look much more solid than last season and I don’t think the impact of Guardiola's new contract should be underestimated. Putting that uncertainty behind them is a huge boost.

39 minutes ago, Baltar said:

Still think these fucks are going to be the closest challengers for the title. Seems a bit odd that they've been written off by so many. 

They are our only challengers, but we will finish around 10 points ahead of them. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Im amazed some seem to be discounting city this season and think, instead, united will be our main rivals.

I think they will both be up there but call me a complete idiot for thinking Utd will finish above City.  

6 minutes ago, magicrat said:

I think they will both be up there but call me a complete idiot for thinking Utd will finish above City.  

I wouldnt call you an idiot. You're entitled to your opinion. I just think city are a far more serious rival to us than united will ever be with that cretinous gimp in charge. I do however think the claim united are more of a threat than city is crazy.

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

I wouldnt call you an idiot. You're entitled to your opinion. I just think city are a far more serious rival to us than united will ever be with that cretinous gimp in charge. I do however think the claim united are more of a threat than city is crazy.

Opinions eh.  I don't care that much as long as we finish top 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Everton & Chelsea away up for Citeh next.

Wolves and Villa at home up next for Utd, my money is on them dropping points in at least one of those games.

1 minute ago, Herp McDerp said:

Wolves and Villa at home up next for Utd, my money is on them dropping points in at least one of those games.

Agreed. Most likely v Villa IMO.

The love in for these cunts is embarrassing. They’re such a shit club, their essence is that they’re “at least” it’s not someone else. No one gives a flying fuck about them and the love in for their squad is equally weird. They’ve got a good collection of defenders but I don’t buy for one second that they’ve better players than us when we’ve a fully fit squad.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

State of the replies.

Top to bottom whataboutery. Imagine the lack of self-respect that when someone writes something vaguely negative about your clubs ownership you throw yourself on the grenade and defend a bunch of hyper-rich cunts who don't give a fuck whether you live or die, all because their trinkets of footballers bring success that you associate with and which makes you feel better about yourself.

Absolute bootlickers.

• Upvote 1

I looked at the comments section of last night’s match report in the Grauniad... the love-in between the City and Everton fans was utterly vomit-inducing 

1 hour ago, LFC 6 Times said:

The love in for these cunts is embarrassing. They’re such a shit club, their essence is that they’re “at least” it’s not someone else. No one gives a flying fuck about them and the love in for their squad is equally weird. They’ve got a good collection of defenders but I don’t buy for one second that they’ve better players than us when we’ve a fully fit squad.

A sound Manc I know years invited me to United-Chelsea at the end of the 18/19 season. Two clubs I hate but thought fuck it might be a good game and I've only ever been in the away end there. 

Ended up in the stadium watching the end of the Burnley-City game which was on before the United Chelsea game. The place went ballistic when City scored. I looked fucking miserable and had to do my best not to open my gob.  

I thought to myself it's exactly like what you're saying. United fans happy they beat us to the league and equally this year many reds happy they beat United.

Personally I despise them. I think they are a massive threat to the game in a way in which no other club has been. With the red Mancs, there has been 60 years of intense rivalry and I can admit plenty of nasty stuff from our fans directed at them. To me they are far worse for nastiness but the reality is we are peas in a pod. These fuckers arrive about ten years ago and are already cultivating a nasty rivalry with us. Their coach gets a few bottles thrown at it and their fans and players think it's fair game to sing about a decent man like Sean Cox. I looked at Bluemoon a few times last year and it was probably the nastiness forum I've seen. Horrible bastards.

I'm looking forward to having a fit squad and going at them next season and bringing home number 20.

• Upvote 2

On 26/12/2020 at 22:23, Code said:

They are our only challengers, but we will finish around 10 points ahead of them. 

This didn't age well.

On 27/12/2020 at 12:43, magicrat said:

You're a complete idiot!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

A sound Manc I know years invited me to United-Chelsea at the end of the 18/19 season. Two clubs I hate but thought fuck it might be a good game and I've only ever been in the away end there. 

Ended up in the stadium watching the end of the Burnley-City game which was on before the United Chelsea game. The place went ballistic when City scored. I looked fucking miserable and had to do my best not to open my gob.  

I thought to myself it's exactly like what you're saying. United fans happy they beat us to the league and equally this year many reds happy they beat United.

Personally I despise them. I think they are a massive threat to the game in a way in which no other club has been. With the red Mancs, there has been 60 years of intense rivalry and I can admit plenty of nasty stuff from our fans directed at them. To me they are far worse for nastiness but the reality is we are peas in a pod. These fuckers arrive about ten years ago and are already cultivating a nasty rivalry with us. Their coach gets a few bottles thrown at it and their fans and players think it's fair game to sing about a decent man like Sean Cox. I looked at Bluemoon a few times last year and it was probably the nastiness forum I've seen. Horrible bastards.

I'm looking forward to having a fit squad and going at them next season and bringing home number 20.

This. Where I live it’s either Red Mancs or Blue that most people support. 
The blue half have been far worse for the last 10 years than the red. Not just cheap jibes that I’ve been used to from reds but really nasty vile stuff.  They really are scum. 

When they were in the 2nd division along with Macc Town, the City fans totally trashed several pubs and acted Billy Big Bollocks all day.  They day they beat Gillingham in the playoffs was a dark day for English top flight football we just didn’t know it then. 

19 minutes ago, Pete said:

This. Where I live it’s either Red Mancs or Blue that most people support. 
The blue half have been far worse for the last 10 years than the red. Not just cheap jibes that I’ve been used to from reds but really nasty vile stuff.  They really are scum. 

When they were in the 2nd division along with Macc Town, the City fans totally trashed several pubs and acted Billy Big Bollocks all day.  They day they beat Gillingham in the playoffs was a dark day for English top flight football we just didn’t know it then. 

Yeah it really was a dark day for the game. Unfortunately they are here to stay like Chelsea now though. 

I mean they weren't on my radar bar maybe for a few years when I was young and they had some fine players. Still it's not like Revie's Leeds with Bremner and Giles where it really felt like a gigantic rivalry. 

It always makes me laugh how a previously huge and proud club like Everton can allow themselves to be Man City's mistress - a fanbase that engages in all the Scouse jibes. The younger Blueshite can't even recognise how patronising these new rich wankers are towards them.

I see us winning another league (maybe two) while Jurgen is here, but these fuckers could be drawing level with us and United in about twenty or twenty five years, because the FA or UEFA won't have the bottle to do the right thing.

Their fans genuinely think they're the underdogs aswell, sticking it to the man and breaking up the cartel or whatever the fuck they call it. 

Somehow teams like us and united had a monopoly on the game for decades and we're only pissed off because somebody else is involved now. Conveniently forgetting we were shit for the majority of the last 30 years and before that we were successful because of our succession of great managers who starting from Shanks were all involved with the club for years before stepping up, organic growth. 

And united were shite before their complete anomaly of a once in a generation manager dragged them up and stuck with them, and since he left look at them. 

They also use littlewoods as a dig at us saying we bought the titles, like there's any comparison between a rich family investing in their local team and a literal country buying a club and spending billions.

They look for any slight similarity to justify what they're doing. We get lucky with some managers and have a successful stint, that means it's OK for them to force their way in by buying the title. we had some investment over half a century ago, they can throw an infinite amount of money at it until they win. We're sponsored by a bank that's rumoured to launder money, that's the same as their ownership overseeing murders and slavery. 

Its disgusting, and nothing will be done about it until its too late. I can only hope that we end up being part of that top group when it does settle. Not because I particularly want it but it'll still be better than being on the outside looking in while growing bitter about us not winning anything again because of all the oil clubs mopping up the trophies. 

13 hours ago, Manny said:

Top to bottom whataboutery. Imagine the lack of self-respect that when someone writes something vaguely negative about your clubs ownership you throw yourself on the grenade and defend a bunch of hyper-rich cunts who don't give a fuck whether you live or die, all because their trinkets of footballers bring success that you associate with and which makes you feel better about yourself.

Absolute bootlickers.

Tbf this could apply to a few on here too. 

I'm good friends with a few of City fans but these lads were there at Maine Road; not the spoilt bastard United and Chelsea fans who've latched on.

Out of them, only one is on a permanent wind up over us but it's still not the vile abuse their fan base has become accustomed to. Just general jibes about results and the suchlike. But they're always humble and enjoyed the 18/19 season as no one was getting near to them, we reintroduced the fear factor to them after they walked the league the year before.

It was shit that we lost out but they were saying that we'd either walk the league the following year or it would be close with us pipping them. When we won the league I got a few texts off most of them to say well done, worthy champions etc. This small percentage actually want us to knock United off the top and hold the same viewpoint as me that they would be happy to share the title with us throughout this decade.

I don't think the old school City fans are a major problem, it tends to be the younger fans like the Bloos and the presence of social media/the internet. Everyone has the propensity to be a total cunt when hiding behind a screen. I had an unpleasant experience with a United twat at Preston train station in December 2006 (after the 2-0 against Watford) with the usual murders, you killed your own fans bullshit and making throat slitting gestures, out of the corner of my eye two big fuckers appeared and ragged this little twat off the train, gave him a quick jab and shoved him back on his train to Carlisle. Turns out they were City fans and stuck around for a bit for a natter. The jist I got was that they weren't fans of us but as they hate United that much they always want us to hammer them.