You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

So Etihad then. That loss-making airline that gets bailed out by the Abu Dhabi regime each year to keep it afloat. Mind telling us how their sponsorship agreement with City gets renegotiated to a higher and higher rate every year despite being a long-term deal and there being no comparable deals on offer anywhere else, never mind at City? No? It's about as legit as a Donald Trump tax return.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Trumo said:

So Etihad then. That loss-making airline that gets bailed out by the Abu Dhabi regime each year to keep it afloat. Mind telling us how their sponsorship agreement with City gets renegotiated to a higher and higher rate every year despite being a long-term deal and there being no comparable deals on offer anywhere else, never mind at City? No? It's about as legit as a Donald Trump tax return.

Yeah and if everton do start to challenge city even for the domestic cups, watch all the 'decent blue scousers' comments and friendly pat on the head become consigned to the vitriol bin!

I didn’t see their game against Leicester but watched the second half of this one while I was cooking dinner and I can’t believe just how open they are.

second half was just one end to the other and while they had a few half chances themselves, Leeds opened them up time after time and we’re unlucky not to have scored at least one more. Some really good saves and the woodwork was all that stopped them losing this.

Incredible the money they’ve spent defensively the last few years to be this ropey and easy to get at.

5 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Yeah and if everton do start to challenge city even for the domestic cups, watch all the 'decent blue scousers' comments and friendly pat on the head become consigned to the vitriol bin!

Will evertonians welcome manc fans into their pubs with open arms singing about scousers like the little bitches they are.

7 hours ago, Chocoholic said:

For the same reason as the other bitters they increasingly fashion themselves on - insecurity.

I always find it hilarious how insecure they are on blue moon. 

Before criticising the team or pep they always need to prefix it by telling everyone how long they've been a fan for, rattling off half a dozen "I was there" moments from when they saw some no mark score a shit goal at their old ground in division one, or slagging off daytrippers for ruining their matchday experience from the old days. 

They are so scared of being seen as a spoiled new fan that they go on the defensive immediately, even amongst other city fans. 

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Aventus said:

I always find it hilarious how insecure they are on blue moon. 

Before criticising the team or pep they always need to prefix it by telling everyone how long they've been a fan for, rattling off half a dozen "I was there" moments from when they saw some no mark score a shit goal at their old ground in division one, or slagging off daytrippers for ruining their matchday experience from the old days. 

They are so scared of being seen as a spoiled new fan that they go on the defensive immediately, even amongst other city fans. 

That have daytrippers? I thought they were about the same bunch of cunts they were at maine road and it's why they never sell out. 

9 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

That have daytrippers? I thought they were about the same bunch of cunts they were at maine road and it's why they never sell out. 

They probably see the odd one or two people of ambiguous race and then it's a competition to see who is the biggest fan by complaining the most

• Upvote 1

Let's fuck the "Everton challenging City for anything" bollocks off. 

20 point gap between them both at least. Everton might possibly meet City in the league cup final thats as close as they will get but I still imagine the 69's will be out in force until Sterling scores the winner then it will be City fans getting blue-nose toddlers thrown at them all over the platform at Euston. 

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

I quite liked this comment:

I agree, we've made a really good start to the season IMO. 4 points on the board and only 5 behind Liverpool who haven't played anyone yet.

So they've made  "really good" start. And we've played and beaten a team that has just given them a game and they couldn't beat, a team that everyone was tipping to be in contention and also a much improved Arsenal team. 

You don't have to have played anyone to have not played anyone but we have definitely not played anyone yet.

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

To be honest, I thought that raking tackle down the back of bernardo's ankle was worthy of a red card. But as it was that cunt, I just laughed!

My thoughts exactly.