Quantcast
Man City - the new bitters? - Page 2 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Naz17

Man City - the new bitters?

Go anywhere in this country and there’s always a sizeable minority of dick-heads, who for no apparent reason, dislike Scousers. Years of people being brainwashed by right wing media. It’s especially baffling in working class areas, but won’t change unless the working class, stop reading right wing news.

Yep and the same gobshites shit themselves when you front them back. Even when they have mates behind them they don't expect a "you what lad?" You can literally watch the blood drain from their bodies. Despite the fact they would probably knock the fuck out of me I've never been one to let some southern prick mouth off about us. I'm not even a proper scouser I'm from Prescot haha
  • Upvote 2

It's the fact we so comprehensively beat them in the CL which has set them off big time. We totally ruined their record season by humiliating them on the grandest stage of all and they're still really upset over it

• Upvote 1

Yep and the same gobshites shit themselves when you front them back. Even when they have mates behind them they don't expect a "you what lad?" You can literally watch the blood drain from their bodies. Despite the fact they would probably knock the fuck out of me I've never been one to let some southern prick mouth off about us. I'm not even a proper scouser I'm from Prescot haha

Wool geg
  • Upvote 2

Rule number one in England is hate scousers and obviously this equates to hate LFC. I read a lot of other forums and we are easily the most disliked club in the country on all of them. On arsenal forums plenty of their fans say they would happily see Spurs beat us and vice versa. Same on United and city forums.

The strangest thing is that the majority of these cunts on the city, United and Chelsea forums have never set foot in the country never mind their home ground. It’s like to fit in they know it’s the in thing to come out with all the old tired cliches about scousers despite the fact they’ve probably never met one.

Absolutely. Man Utd have tons of Irish and fans from Devon yet call us bindippers and say they hate scousers whilst just about being able to point Liverpool out on a map.

The rest of the country does seem to hate scousers in general though. I lived in Cambridge for a few years and most people can't stand us. They still have this belief that Liverpool is the only place in the country where people have things stolen and you get beaten up as soon as you step outside the house.

This is despite the cultural epicentre of the world having record murder rates this year and Manchester being the car robbing capital of Britain. Also several places in the country being on the poverty line but Liverpool is the mecca of lazy unemployed people.

Fucking hell.

Hard to say what they are now. Everton with more money, or United with less history.

I always find it funny when they bring up the European ban, they weren't even in division one for most of it let alone being near a European spot. That would be like it happening today and Aston Villa kicking off about it.

Heard Chelsea fans go on about it and they were either fighting relegation or playing away at Bristol Rovers in the second division when the ban was in place.

Absolutely. Man Utd have tons of Irish and fans from Devon yet call us bindippers and say they hate scousers whilst just about being able to point Liverpool out on a map.

easy mate...

• Upvote 1

Vincent Kompany said something interesting before the champions league draw, I can't remember exactly what it was but it a read as them been beat and accepting it as soon as the draw was made. Must be infuriating to know we will beat you even when you're better than us.

Mancs talking about council houses and Liverpool slums will always be my biggest bugbear given that Manchester has some of the biggest slums on God's green Earth.

We are a big massive humongous threat to what they want to achieve, they are shit scared of us! The whole 'everyone hates scousers' thing is a bit overblown to be honest. No one would give 2 shits if we were some shitty bottom half club.

Er, where's yer purple bin, lad? Wool.

Is it bad that when I read their thread about us it pisses me off? I wish i was able to let it go but they're so deluded it actually hurts. Wooossssaaaa

Vincent Kompany said something interesting before the champions league draw, I can't remember exactly what it was but it a read as them been beat and accepting it as soon as the draw was made. Must be infuriating to know we will beat you even when you're better than us.

Rings a bell actually.

Think he was asked who he wanted to play, and his response was something along the lines of "anyone but Liverpool"

Rings a bell actually.

Think he was asked who he wanted to play, and his response was something along the lines of "anyone but Liverpool"

The quotes I'm referring to where from last week. They shocked me that a player would admit to it like he did.

Vincent Kompany, Manchester City captain: “I’m looking forward to getting back in the competition for sure. Last year we were ready to do more in the Champions League and we faced a team that was naturally a difficult opponent for us [Liverpool]. We’ve got a feeling that we can do better in it this season."

To me that reads like once we don't draw Liverpool will be fine.

The internet allows the big mouthed few to act as a representation of their fan base as a whole and I have no idea why anybody would bother looking at other club's fan forums myself as this one has all you need. See Summer Slags thread for proof.

• Upvote 2

I left Merseyside over 40 years ago and have lived and worked all over the country including Manchester and London. I think the only reason people claim to hate us is the fact we have an identity; so many areas of the country are nondescript.

I don't believe it is anything to do with the "right wing press", much more to do with Harry Enfield characterisations. Which, again, started because we are instantly recognisable. His parody could be of any working class area but hanging the idea on "scousers" gave it legs.

• Upvote 1

It's always mad when you go out of Liverpool and encounter another scouser in a pub or a club, and he tries to instantly bond with you in case you need to take over the joint and kill everyone. Like when CIA agents meet in Syria or some shit.

• Upvote 2

As far as i am concerned they don't exist anymore. They are a small commercial arm of a corrupt regime desperately trying to pass itself off as modern and progressive. There are still two teams in Manchester, United and Abu Dhabi FC

• Upvote 1