You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

Class and success aren't the same thing, the former tends to come when the latter is earned over a period of time, with grounding and perseverance. When anyone is given success or achieves it swiftly it tends to produce people of poor character. Think the chav who won the lottery, Al Capone, every brat you ever went to school with, 80s Cockney bankers, and senior members of the ss who'd drunk wine from a champagne flutre.

2 hours ago, aws said:

Never noticed the likes of Ferdinand, Lineker or the Neville Bros cheering us on. 

Remember Ferdinand and Lineker jumping up and down when Messi scored that third goal in the Nou Camp. Pair of bellends. 

That Jason Cundy celebrated Man City scoring against Spurs last year in the CL despite having no affiliation to a city and playing for Spurs at some point in his undistinguished career.

I've heard a few people in the past claiming they root for English teams in the champions league, they can't be proper footy fans as far as I'm comcerned. It's not the fucking world cup, your club's prestige is enhanced by the very fact NOT many English clubs have won it. They're almost certainly the types of people who constantly fuckung coo over Messi as though he's a little known talent they discovered on champ man.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I've heard a few people in the past claiming they root for English teams in the champions league, they can't be proper footy fans as far as I'm comcerned. It's not the fucking world cup, your club's prestige is enhanced by the very fact NOT many English clubs have won it. They're almost certainly the types of people who constantly fuckung coo over Messi as though he's a little known talent they discovered on champ man.

Agreed. Never want other English sides doing well in Europe. Always want them out on their arses. Hopefully this happens tonight also.

• Upvote 6

13 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Remember Ferdinand and Lineker jumping up and down when Messi scored that third goal in the Nou Camp. Pair of bellends. 

That Jason Cundy celebrated Man City scoring against Spurs last year in the CL despite having no affiliation to a city and playing for Spurs at some point in his undistinguished career.

I remember them jumping up and down when we won the return leg. Each and every one of them are paid to tow the line, Neville is the only one that that hasn't forgotten his roots but even he has moments (Torres in the Nou  Camp) of being a dick. 

27 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The only teams I've never minded winning things in Europe are the likes of Middlesbrough or Fulham in the UEFA cup final but I wasnt jumping around my living room hoping they'd win. 

Met a couple of Spurs fans on holiday a few years back who said they cheered Liverpool on when they were coming back against Milan in Istanbul but more for the fact it was a great game. 

Most of the country hates us, couldn't imagine cheering a main rival like The Mancs, Everton, the north London clubs or Chelsea. 

These people who cheer all the English teams are probably England fans who support shit teams and hate foreigners.

Some very liberal use of statistics here:

749201D2-41CC-4EC2-ABE5-00697B39BCAD.png

Not sure how the mancs are 2 in 21 years but Fergie 2 in 39.

Or how we’ve 2 in 26 when we didn’t qualify for the CL until 2001/02 and have hardly been regulars in it. 

Also ignores that Mancini & Pelligrini were winning the domestic trophies as well. The whole point of Citeh wanting Guardiola was to win the CL and they are further away now than when he started.