Quantcast
Man City - the new bitters? - Page 192 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Naz17

Man City - the new bitters?

Recommended Posts

His body language in the big CL games is shocking. He was literally on his knees grabbing grass. Is the idea not supposed to be that the at the very top the best people stay ice cool? You could picture him having nervous breakdown in the training the day before the game over a missed pass. That has to translate on to the team. They have world class players that shit the bed every year, Monaco, 2018 Liverpool, Spurs and Lyon are 4 sides they were significantly better than and lost. Doesn't matter though because they hate that competition anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, No2 said:

His body language in the big CL games is shocking. He was literally on his knees grabbing grass. Is the idea not supposed to be that the at the very top the best people stay ice cool? You could picture him having nervous breakdown in the training the day before the game over a missed pass. That has to translate on to the team. They have world class players that shit the bed every year, Monaco, 2018 Liverpool, Spurs and Lyon are 4 sides they were significantly better than and lost. Doesn't matter though because they hate that competition anyway.

They shit the bed in the league this year. It's one thing hitting 100 points when you flat track bully the league, but it's what you do under pressure that counts. We matched them last season and as soon as we came out of the traps this year winning every game, they shit themselves. And back to your point about his body language, his basil fawlty act when they played us at anfield was a joy, but it must make his players think he's a fucking tit. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

They shit the bed in the league this year. It's one thing hitting 100 points when you flat track bully the league, but it's what you do under pressure that counts. We matched them last season and as soon as we came out of the traps this year winning every game, they shit themselves. And back to your point about his body language, his basil fawlty act when they played us at anfield was a joy, but it must make his players think he's a fucking tit. 

I don’t agree that they ‘shat the bed’ because of pressure. They simply were not good enough. Their defence without Kompany and Laporte is terrible. Walker is a decent RB but their LB options were a joke. Mendy is good going forward but can not defend. Zinchenko isn’t a LB, and Rodri hasn’t really hit the ground running. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

They shit the bed in the league this year. It's one thing hitting 100 points when you flat track bully the league, but it's what you do under pressure that counts. We matched them last season and as soon as we came out of the traps this year winning every game, they shit themselves. And back to your point about his body language, his basil fawlty act when they played us at anfield was a joy, but it must make his players think he's a fucking tit. 

 

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I don’t agree that they ‘shat the bed’ because of pressure. They simply were not good enough. Their defence without Kompany and Laporte is terrible. Walker is a decent RB but their LB options were a joke. Mendy is good going forward but can not defend. Zinchenko isn’t a LB, and Rodri hasn’t really hit the ground running. 

When you look at the national budget-levels of cash they spend on players, does this not make all that even worse? All considered, I don’t think history will judge the Guardiola era too kindly (League Cup domination aside). 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sterling's miss and the Ederson error which led to Lyons third has got to be the funniest minute of football I've ever seen. I was in hysterics.

 

Obviously it doesn't beat Pickford/Origi but comes pretty close, which was a stand alone moment.

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Total overreaction to beating a mediocre Real Madrid side (courtesy of two gifts) and they fall flat on their faces against their next opponents.

 

Total overreaction to beating a hungover Liverpool team and they fall flat on their faces against their next opponents.

 

The lack all sense of perspective and humility. See also De Bruyne's remarks after the game...

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I don’t agree that they ‘shat the bed’ because of pressure. They simply were not good enough. Their defence without Kompany and Laporte is terrible. Walker is a decent RB but their LB options were a joke. Mendy is good going forward but can not defend. Zinchenko isn’t a LB, and Rodri hasn’t really hit the ground running. 

Their defence was shite with laporte. Kompany played very few games the previous seasons. Their full backs were the same. Except they got 198 points in 2 seasons. They 100% shit the bed because they're flat track bullies. It's why they look the best team in the league 3 weeks out of 4 smashing everyone, then as soon as someone shows some back bone they shit themselves. The only other thing I would say, is they're also arrogant cunts who think they're too good to have to defend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

Total overreaction to beating a mediocre Real Madrid side (courtesy of two gifts) and they fall flat on their faces against their next opponents.

 

Total overreaction to beating a hungover Liverpool team and they fall flat on their faces against their next opponents.

 

The lack all sense of perspective and humility. See also De Bruyne's remarks after the game...

We weren't that flat.  Poor finishing and the usual crap officiating cost us that game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Anubis said:

#PepOut trending. Sad entitled little binsniffers.

 

 

 

What’s Mark Hughes doing these days? 
Maybe give Brian Horton a call?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Elite said:

Sterling's miss and the Ederson error which led to Lyons third has got to be the funniest minute of football I've ever seen. I was in hysterics.

 

Obviously it doesn't beat Pickford/Origi but comes pretty close, which was a stand alone moment.

I've just watched the highlights on YouTube and you can see the enormity of Sterling's miss hitting him straight away.  And with no other player near him he can't even scream for a dubious penalty, which he normally would even with minimal contact.

And Ederson's howler so quickly after if rubs glorious salt into self inflicted wounds. 

Funniest football action segment of the year for me.  Certainly brightened up a miserable cunt of a Sunday morning !

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"The statistics show we were good"

 

The statistics show your team scored one goal and Lyon scored three goals. That's the only statistic that matters, here, you self-justifying gobshite.

 

Possession: 72% and what did you do with it?

 

Shots/on target: 18/7 v 7/6. You could have had 8, but hey-ho.

 

Corners: 11 v 3 

 

 

With regard to de Bruyne's 'different year, same stuff' comment after the game, I prefer to think of it as him accepting their reality... 'we're just shit in the Champion's League every year'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

I hope Real Madrid spend the next month or so tapping up De Bruyne.

The cheats owners will just find a way to pay him an extra couple of hundred grand a week somewhere.....thats why unlike every other top PL club down the years they have never lost one of their star players like that.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

When you look at the national budget-levels of cash they spend on players, does this not make all that even worse? All considered, I don’t think history will judge the Guardiola era too kindly (League Cup domination aside). 

Yeah I agree with you. The amount of money they’ve spent on shit full backs is obscene, and they only have one good one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, No2 said:

His body language in the big CL games is shocking. He was literally on his knees grabbing grass. Is the idea not supposed to be that the at the very top the best people stay ice cool? You could picture him having nervous breakdown in the training the day before the game over a missed pass. That has to translate on to the team. They have world class players that shit the bed every year, Monaco, 2018 Liverpool, Spurs and Lyon are 4 sides they were significantly better than and lost. Doesn't matter though because they hate that competition anyway.

There owners don’t tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, an tha said:

The cheats owners will just find a way to pay him an extra couple of hundred grand a week somewhere.....thats why unlike every other top PL club down the years they have never lost one of their star players like that.

Nail on head. No one ever comes in for their top players because they all know they are on that much money they would never be able to top it. They defo get paid double whammy off the books to keep them happy. That press conference after the cup final last year where he got all shirty when the journo asked him about off the book payments that mancini had tells you everything you need to know. They are rotten to the core.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×