You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

41 minutes ago, halewood pete said:

From henceforth I think you should change your name to macclesfield pete.Its the right thing to do !

IMG-20200724-WA0018.jpg

If that's pukka from the lad, it's priceless and he's well and truely written himself into the club's folklore. The fume will be immense!

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

With all this quarantine of people to & from Spain etc and risks of 2nd waves, I’d like to think Citeh fans are taking the same view of the European Cup as they did the league and are insisting on null & void...

If it can save one life...

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

With all this quarantine of people to & from Spain etc and risks of 2nd waves, I’d like to think Citeh fans are taking the same view of the European Cup as they did the league and are insisting on null & void...

Yeah I don't know how they can even consider playing in the Champions league when it is risking lives. Null and void it must be. 

24 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

Apparently that dickhead Noel Gallagher has been at it again, having a pop at Henderson as Silva doesn't win loads of awards. 

Shows how much he’s hurting then. Boil that piss Parker, boil that piss. 

3 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Now that really would confuse them, calling for the CL to be null and void, meaning Liverpool remaining European Champions or, play on and have an asterisk against them if they win it!

3 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Competition has been reduced to a joke this season....1 legged games in quarters and semis instead of 2....23 man match day squads with all available from quarters on (usually only case in final)

Proper asterisk territory.

They are going to throw absolutely bucket loads of cash at it this summer aren't they?

The Arabs don't like being upstaged and the answer is always throw money at it.

Expect them to spend 200-300m.

And I dare say there will be announcements of 'extended' sponsorship deals on vastly improved terms.

With FFP in tatters, they have carte blanche to do what they want.

• Upvote 1

Pep looked like a maniac on MOTD last night taking about their 100 plus goals scored. Getting very old looking on it too. He really is a weirdo. He's changed from the cool as fuck looking dude he was when managing Barcelona. 

36 minutes ago, an tha said:

They are going to throw absolutely bucket loads of cash at it this summer aren't they?

The Arabs don't like being upstaged and the answer is always throw money at it.

Expect them to spend 200-300m.

And I dare say there will be announcements of 'extended' sponsorship deals on vastly improved terms.

With FFP in tatters, they have carte blanche to do what they want.

If they were clever (yeah right!!) they'd only make specific purchases at reasonable prices for the players they need,  as the whole world will be watching them. Of course they won't and they'll prove everyone right as they smash transfer record after record on average players (and some quality) but they won't give a fuck & will threaten anyone who says anything negative with the lawyers etc. 

Meanwhile the anyone but Liverpool brigade will cream the pants at the thought of Citeh winning everything again, not seeing the wood from the trees. 

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

If they were clever (yeah right!!) they'd only make specific purchases at reasonable prices for the players they need,  as the whole world will be watching them. Of course they won't ad they'll prove everyone right as they smash transfer record after record on average players (and some quality) but they won't give a fuck & will threaten anyone who says anything negative with the lawyers etc. 

Yeah the owners egos will just be too much and they'll come out fighting in the only way they know - throwing money around and going on the attack.

I'd love to see it all fall apart around them - sadly no chance as long as they can keep pouring in money through all their bent avenues and with the authorities powerless against them.

They are a shitstain on the game.

To be honest as long as it’s not the champions league I’m not arsed what they win, if we can’t win the league or domestic cups then they can win them and keep winning them as it really means fuck all. 
Last season they won a treble with the most one sided cup final ever and nobody cared, which is why their fanbase got so arsey that our Champions League win got talked more and our league title win got some much publicity .

As somebody said on here they can win what they like but it will always have a “yeah but” after it.

• Upvote 2

On 26/07/2020 at 15:27, an tha said:

Competition has been reduced to a joke this season....1 legged games in quarters and semis instead of 2....23 man match day squads with all available from quarters on (usually only case in final)

Proper asterisk territory.

It’s a Fun-Sized Champions League and, in my opinion, should have a newly minted trophy to match.

Real Madrid striker Mariano Diaz has tested positive for coronavirus and will now miss their Champions League tie with Manchester City next week. The club have confirmed that Diaz returned a positive Covid-19 test and is now in quarantine at home after missing training on Tuesday.

Spanish newspaper Marca are reporting that Diaz returned a positive test on his return from holiday following a short trip after the conclusion of the LaLiga season. The positive test is likely to bring Real’s trip to Manchester in 10 days’ time under question, particularly if more players test positive in their next round of testing.

It will also ramp up the pressure on the Government, with the Spanish champions currently allowed to the travel and play despite the UK’s new quarantine rules due to exemptions surrounding their ‘bubbled environment’.

Just null and void it.  

• Upvote 1