Quantcast
Man City - the new bitters? - Page 178 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Naz17

Man City - the new bitters?

1 hour ago, elvis said:

Anyway , assuming these cunts make it to the European cup , who do we think is best equipped to wup the fuckers? I think Bayern Munich myself 

Sadly i reckon Citeh will walk it.

Made for them now with new format and rules around 23 man matchday squads.

I made the mistake of commenting on something carra had said about FFP - anodyne comment. Within an hour I’ve had half a dozen City fans raising Heysel and one bringing up Hillsborough. Then some idiot Liverpool fan mentioning Barry Bennell. What the fuck is wing with people?

• Upvote 1

Tebas hates them, great to see.

"Manchester City will be in the Champions League next season not because they have acted correctly, but rather because CAS is wrong," he fired to ESPN on Wednesday. 

"In fact, the CAS has fined them €10m, that is not just for the sake of it. From what I've read I gather it is because they didn't cooperate with UEFA. Why is that? 

"Have City hidden documentation? I would like to read the final ruling now, if I can. 

"Just as we still have not been able to read PSG's final ruling from CAS, when a lot of time has passed and it is still not available. 

"The day I sit down and read it I will tell Guardiola that of which I am convinced: Manchester City have not acted right."

Tebas also launched a withering criticism of CAS, stating that the Switzerland-based tribunal had lost its legitimacy. 

"CAS is not fit to hand down rulings in the football industry. We all know what City do! Everyone in football knows what they do," he added. 

"In fact, when the punishment first reached them nobody in European football was surprised. Quite the contrary. I won't say it was celebrated, but some people did come out and say at least justice has been served to the state-run clubs. 

"Instead, after the CAS ruling there have been protests from Klopp, Mourinho... Everyone knows they tried to dodge financial fair play. 

"CAS is dead. Its rulings have been doubtful for a long time. There is no transparency and a lot of the time, looking at the judges named, you know where their ruling is headed. 

"Switzerland has great prestige in arbitration and the CAS does it no favours."

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, rubble-rouser said:

I made the mistake of commenting on something carra had said about FFP - Then some idiot Liverpool fan mentioning Barry Bennell. What the fuck is wing with people?

If you’re gonna be in group chats with Stig then you have to expect stuff like that at 3am from time to time. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, No2 said:

Tebas hates them, great to see.

"Manchester City will be in the Champions League next season not because they have acted correctly, but rather because CAS is wrong," he fired to ESPN on Wednesday. 

"In fact, the CAS has fined them €10m, that is not just for the sake of it. From what I've read I gather it is because they didn't cooperate with UEFA. Why is that? 

"Have City hidden documentation? I would like to read the final ruling now, if I can. 

"Just as we still have not been able to read PSG's final ruling from CAS, when a lot of time has passed and it is still not available. 

"The day I sit down and read it I will tell Guardiola that of which I am convinced: Manchester City have not acted right."

Tebas also launched a withering criticism of CAS, stating that the Switzerland-based tribunal had lost its legitimacy. 

"CAS is not fit to hand down rulings in the football industry. We all know what City do! Everyone in football knows what they do," he added. 

"In fact, when the punishment first reached them nobody in European football was surprised. Quite the contrary. I won't say it was celebrated, but some people did come out and say at least justice has been served to the state-run clubs. 

"Instead, after the CAS ruling there have been protests from Klopp, Mourinho... Everyone knows they tried to dodge financial fair play. 

"CAS is dead. Its rulings have been doubtful for a long time. There is no transparency and a lot of the time, looking at the judges named, you know where their ruling is headed. 

"Switzerland has great prestige in arbitration and the CAS does it no favours."

Excellent piece of journalism

15 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Near enough for me.

The case reminds me of the Ed Norton movie, primal fear

Ha I watched that a couple of weeks ago for the first time. Norton is superb in it to be fair. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Ha I watched that a couple of weeks ago for the first time. Norton is superb in it to be fair. 

Agreed on that, great film. Just substitute Pep for Ed.

18 hours ago, rubble-rouser said:

I made the mistake of commenting on something carra had said about FFP - anodyne comment. Within an hour I’ve had half a dozen City fans raising Heysel and one bringing up Hillsborough. Then some idiot Liverpool fan mentioning Barry Bennell. What the fuck is wing with people?

The Member's forum's pretty savage these days.

• Upvote 1

On 15/07/2020 at 17:11, stringvest said:

it's an opinion piece, and it captures the point that City fans (and Chelsea fans) make.  

And that is 'how can anyone else possibly complete on a consistent basis without a significant injection of cash?'

The harsh reality for those clubs outside the old guard is that they could never hope to do so.  

So what we, as part of the old guard, are doing is protecting our position.  Or we would be, if FFP worked.

I agree with Mourinho(!) in that the FFP rules are now so discredited you might as well just open the door to anyone to pump as much money into any club as they want.  

They should let them do whatever the fuck the want, but if they can't abide with ffp they have to deposit the salaries of all staff for the period of their contracts with uefa so if they want to walk away like many owners have and stopped funding the clubs, the staff are still paid and the club doesn't go bust. 

They should also outlaw stare ownerships of clubs. And stop this shadowy shit of owning clubs all over the world to just use it as a money laundering exercise. 

So if someone wants to invest fine, invest. Put your money where your mouth is. FIFA doesn't allow state interference in national teams and it shouldn't be allowed for clubs teams. 

I have to stiffle my guffaws whenever I hear any manchester city official utter the words 'sporting integrity.'

Should clubs and owners be allowed to spend whatever they want or should there be limits? Well, I personally think you lose sporting integrity if it comes down to who has unlimited spending power.

chelsea fans in particular have the narrative that we 'spent' our way to dominance through the 70's and 80s and a lesser degree in the 60s. You'll never convince them that wasnt the case because they point to John Moores and the Littlewoods empire. That despite the fact everton was old man moore's favoured club.

Liverpool didnt enjoy huge cash injections as they say. The club benefitted from additional European football income for virtually a continuous 25 or so year run from the early 60s. Liverpool's success was built on and funded by sheer hard slog and money that came in from football itself.

The samuel mantra that clubs or rather their wealthy owners should be able to 'buy' a place at the top table ignores the simple fact those at the top table earnt their place there by winning football matches and often over a considerable period. They havent 'bought it' like chelsea, PSG and city have.

manchester city were the dominant club in Manchester before Busby rocked up at united, albeit not by very much though. In the late 60's, they developed a very good team that took them Division One title, FA, League and Cup Winners Cup victories. They were on the cusp of a 2nd Division One title until the bought Rodney Marsh. It might be a bit unfair to blame to him solely for losing a title but his signing certainly coincided with a very poor run in.

In any event it all turned to shit. Why? Partly because they allowed Malcolm Allison to usurp Joe Mercer as manager. Reckless spending in the transfer market, didnt gerry daley cost them over a million and he turned into a fucking dud plus, a chairman Peter Swales who seemed to spend more time in the Granada tv Kick Off studio than he did running his club? city has a good platform to build on in the early 70s but threw it away.

Ive little sympathy with them pleading for sporting recognition for their club now when they shit all over sporting integrity by using unlimited spending power to get what they want.

As for samuel, he can fuck off.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Pete said:

Fuck Citeh! Fuck Pep! Fuck the inbred fans! Fuck Abu-Dhabi! Fuck them all. 

Despise the cunts with an absolute passion. Makes sicl seeing them play at Wembley. Should be us. 

9 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

Have that, you arrogant manc tory cunt!

To be fair, he was half right... we are nowhere near them this season

What a complete cunt he is. 

This result just reiterates comments over the week that they have fundamental weaknesses that, absent of significant structural change, will continue to rear their head again and again. If we are even close to our levels this season, next year will be just fine.

21 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Screenshot_20200719-121443_Twitter.jpg

Good lad Aldo! Yeah getting yourself back in the top division after 16 years beats winning the title after 30 years against a bunch of financially doped fuckheads! Course it does you unevolved gimp!