Quantcast
Man City - the new bitters? - Page 168 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Naz17

Man City - the new bitters?

1 minute ago, Bogman said:

That's FFP fucked then

Exactly, watch the oil rich clubs go ballistic spending wise now. There's no chance UEFA will challenge another club.

At least we finally won the title.

1 minute ago, Grinch said:

It's never been a thing anyway.  

It has, it may not have had many teeth but it has kept the spending of the likes of City & PSG in check for a few years.

Guest Pistonbroke

Slap in the face for football and just a green light for clubs with rich owners to do what the fuck they like. Fuck em. 

3 minutes ago, andyj said:

might aswell just scrap FFP

The only real workable solution would involve the EU shifting their position and allowing a flat rate salary CAP as per the NFL. No ambiguously trying to estimate the real value of sponsorship deals, all income and expenditure direct to/from the club. No parent or subsidiary businesses allowed. All accounts fully posted. Any breach involves an immediate ban.

FFP isn't necessarilly fucked, if they got off by a time line technicality, which is what they were aiming for, then it's no real change to FFP. The PL still isn't restrained by the clock as far as I know but they will do nothing.

Guest Pistonbroke

How long before Pep blames their losses this season on the fact they had this ban hovering over their heads. Every defeat in the CL from now on will be met by....dodgy UEFA ref! They'll just take the piss in the next transfer market. Personally, if I was a player I'd set a precedent and say 'I could never play for a club like City, the game is not just about money when you can earn enough wherever you go.' If players didn't go there, then their money wouldn't mean a thing. I won't hold my breath though, far too many players who are controlled by those who pretend to be looking out for their best interests. Like Clangers says, a salary cap is the way forward, but UEFA/FIFA are as bent as City are in the big scheme of things, they want as much money as possible flowing through the game as it means more chances to cream some off.  

Did anyone expect it to go another way? UEFA are probably pleased they were seen to be taking tough action without having to have to actually implement anything which would require a spine.

I'm convinced that UEFA scrutiny in the lead up to this case is what stopped them going balls in on a replacement for Kompany.  So at least it worked to that extent.

Yep....this stinks....

FFP is now dead. 

I hope that the big clubs or Europe (not the dodgy ones owned by nations) now decide on a breakaway European League or Cup and refuse to invite City or PSG