Quantcast
Man City - the new bitters? - Page 167 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Naz17

Man City - the new bitters?

The euro elite should break away and form their own super European competition instead of playing in the champions league then if they get away with it again. Tell them, Paris and Chelsea to do one and not let them enter. Stay in the Premier league but play the new euro league on the same nights. I wonder where the big television money will go?

• Upvote 1

Pep said he's 100 percent certain city will have champions league next year. They reckon the club has been told the outcome already. Fuck knows.  I never thought they would get more than a 12 month ban anyway. The issue is just the knock on effect for FFP. 

I’m just happy I’ve seen us win the European Cup again and the league which I was beginning to think would never in my lifetime again.

City won a treble last season and no one gave a fuck and they could possibly win another and again no one will care and what pisses them off is our league title win will be talked about more. .

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Get that points record in the bag and any other record we can muster.

If they get let off Scot free then you can bet there’ll be an unbelievable amount spent by them, and any other club funded similarly, and likely to our detriment.

I could see FSG throwing in the towel in the face of that kind of imbalance and possibly selling us to the highest bidder.

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

Ladyman and Cheeseman?

Anyone know what Bananaman thinks will happen?

That la-di-da cunt, living in his posh house on Acacia Avenue? Fuck what he thinks, the Tory prick. 

2 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

CAS have announced that they’ll announce the verdict Monday at 10:30 Central European time.

apparently according to this thread, the parties are normally told hours in advance of that, but Ian Ladyman who was working for city until recently says he’s heard (u officially) that city will be “completely exonerated” which surely means the end of FFP.

https://twitter.com/tariqpanja/status/1281628643085758466?s=20

Would be a fucking outrage if they get away with it. And if they do it's time for the non-oil clubs to fuck uefa off and just make their own competition and not invite clubs owned by states. 

To be honest, I do not care.

We are Champions again and no matter what happens in the future, right here, right now we are champions.

We are a better quality of champions , in a different class, in a level City will never be able to get to no matter how much money they throw at it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

Would be a fucking outrage if they get away with it. And if they do it's time for the non-oil clubs to fuck uefa off and just make their own competition and not invite clubs owned by states. 

I'm just thinking about this a bit more. All the city journalists were briefing before the last verdict that they had been found not guilty. I reckon it's just part of their strategy to legitimise their outrage when the verdict goes against them. 

1 hour ago, Numero said:

That la-di-da cunt, living in his posh house on Acacia Avenue? Fuck what he thinks, the Tory prick. 

Harsh on Bananaman that

3 hours ago, sir roger said:

Putting all the other issues to one side , I reckon it would not be great for our title hopes next year  for City to be outside Europe 

Is a good point but I dont think they've lost 9 league games, due to playing in the CL this season.

It remains to be seen if they 'get off' with the charges. I always think 'technicalities' are bullshit, the crim gets off but is still a crim. All the city sycophants in the media didnt think UEFA would sanction them in the first place and they'd get off scot free.

7 hours ago, The Gaul said:

I'm just thinking about this a bit more. All the city journalists were briefing before the last verdict that they had been found not guilty. I reckon it's just part of their strategy to legitimise their outrage when the verdict goes against them. 

I was pretty down about the whole thing before I remembered this.

It went down almost exactly like this, actually. About 2-3 days before the verdict came out ALL the City journos were briefed about how happy City were, they had won, etc. Then the verdict came out and it was a lot of outrage, etc.

I reckon it's one of two things:

1. CAS are bent and City have actually won their appeal, or

2. City are worried they've lost, but someone in their PR firm thinks if they leak how they're confident, then they can spin it as "a miscarriage of justice" when the verdict is handed down.

I know, that helps a lot.

5 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

I was pretty down about the whole thing before I remembered this.

It went down almost exactly like this, actually. About 2-3 days before the verdict came out ALL the City journos were briefed about how happy City were, they had won, etc. Then the verdict came out and it was a lot of outrage, etc.

I reckon it's one of two things:

1. CAS are bent and City have actually won their appeal, or

2. City are worried they've lost, but someone in their PR firm thinks if they leak how they're confident, then they can spin it as "a miscarriage of justice" when the verdict is handed down.

I know, that helps a lot.

100% they'll be trying to spin miscarriage of justice if they lose. They'll want to take it beyond cas.  I find it interesting from the little I've heard their defence appears to be procedural, I've not actually heard anything that denies the contents of the emails, more about how uefa attained them and the steps they took as a consequence. I think that's because they want to build their legal argument that can be used in a court of law rather than sport. There's no secret they've always taken the view they believe their lawyers can out lawyer uefa's, I think that is and has always been their strategy. 

2 hours ago, The Gaul said:

100% they'll be trying to spin miscarriage of justice if they lose. They'll want to take it beyond cas.  I find it interesting from the little I've heard their defence appears to be procedural, I've not actually heard anything that denies the contents of the emails, more about how uefa attained them and the steps they took as a consequence. I think that's because they want to build their legal argument that can be used in a court of law rather than sport. There's no secret they've always taken the view they believe their lawyers can out lawyer uefa's, I think that is and has always been their strategy. 

UEFA could just say we no longer allow you into our competitions as you are cheating cunts, they sign up to the rules and they alone broke the so fuck them, just stop them from competing. 

See which mercenaries want to join them then.