You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

This is the gem on bluemoon tonight.

Ultimately it's UEFA's party, and as hosts they can pick and choose who attends and the conditions around the staying at that party. I think as a club we must seriously ask ourselves that when the hosts and the majority of their guests don't like us then why are we bothering. In short, we're kidding ourselves and endorsing them to boot. I think we should simply now make a statement irrespective of any fudged CAS outcome, that we are as a club no longer going to take part in any UEFA competition. It will only take us to win the title here and then shun their competition before quite quickly it will capitulate. The BDO once thought they could never be challenged but the formation of the PDC soon changed that.

They're going to boycott the Champions League at which point it will quickly capitulate in their absence 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TheDrowningMan said:

What about losses incurred by individuals? Becoming, albeit retrospectively, the manager who broke Liverpool Football Club's title duck could be worth a lot in contract negotiations.

image.jpeg.2329bc39653a6bf1d246284d493e93cc.jpeg

Just now, Mudface said:

If we get retrospectively awarded the 2014 title, does that mean we need to take Rodgers back?

Spooky.

2 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Ultimately it's UEFA's party, and as hosts they can pick and choose who attends and the conditions around the staying at that party. I think as a club we must seriously ask ourselves that when the hosts and the majority of their guests don't like us then why are we bothering. In short, we're kidding ourselves and endorsing them to boot. I think we should simply now make a statement irrespective of any fudged CAS outcome, that we are as a club no longer going to take part in any UEFA competition. It will only take us to win the title here and then shun their competition before quite quickly it will capitulate. The BDO once thought they could never be challenged but the formation of the PDC soon changed that.

They're going to boycott the Champions League at which point it will quickly capitulate in their absence 

At least Phil Foden would finally get a chance to prove how good he is.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Well they've done a good job of boycotting the final the past few years and the competition seems to have survived 

Guest Pistonbroke
15 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Hope you're right obviously but my faith in justice for corrupt cunts with bottomless pits of money is severely shaken these days .  

Has a UEFA ban from CL ever been overturned? They are a big association and also have clever lawyers. 

36 minutes ago, andyj said:

sky sports news are now saying city are facing a points deduction as breaching FFP breaches FA rules aswell ......its a story that just keeps giving!! 

Does this mean they’ll already be forty points behind by the time we play tomorrow? 

2 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Has a UEFA ban from CL ever been overturned? They are a big association and also have clever lawyers. 

Galatasaray ?

Didn't AC Milan not qualify but get let into it because they were too big a club not to be in it one year? Not that that would apply to these no-marks. 

Guest Pistonbroke
6 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

The saddest thing is...these mental fuckers get to vote on important issues. No wonder the World is fucked. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-city-banned-champions-league-premier-points-uefa-fair-play-a9336946.html

While no one sees an expulsion from the Premier League as likely, the Football League have recently changed their rules so that any club in that situation must start again in League Two.

Imagine scenes on Blue Moon if...

Just now, Bobby Hundreds said:

Fuck being awarded a title id rather it just be voided. The joy is the journey and sheer joy of doing it anything else it's just a number for shitty bravado one upmanship. Those leagues and trophy's have already been stolen. Let them stay that way, look to the future.

Yep. 

7 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Yeah because all of the top players in the world want to come to England and win the Premier League without having the chance to play in the Champions League. I dont think the eejits thunked that one through.

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, magicrat said:

OK I'll celebrate mate and blame you if the cunts get off on appeal !

This season is great and I've not had a drop of alcohol since New Years Day. Gonna get absolutely ming monged when we land the title like.

Was in a Skype call with the bosses in America earlier. Got a notification on the laptop that just said "Man City hahahahahahaha". So I maintained eye contact with the camera, nodded and agreed with whatever the fuck they were saying, while googling what the notification was on about. Had to try pretty hard to not laugh like a lunatic.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

If they leave UEFA they’re going to set up a ‘super’ league with New York City, Melbourne City, Mumbai City, Yokohama City, Montevideo City, Girona and Sichuan City.

Its gonna be huge guys, huge! 

Ha they still wouldn't be the most successful side in that