You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

Not competing? When they arrived at Anfield last year, they were 3-0 up in a CL semi-final, La Liga was already in the bag and they'd also booked their place in the Copa Del Rey final.

Nobody would've been surprised had they secured another treble. They're still well and truly in all of those competitions this season. 

I'd be amazed if he went anywhere. 

5 minutes ago, A_S said:

Not competing? When they arrived at Anfield last year, they were 3-0 up in a CL semi-final, La Liga was already in the bag and they'd also booked their place in the Copa Del Rey final.

Nobody would've been surprised had they secured another treble. They're still well and truly in all of those competitions this season. 

I'd be amazed if he went anywhere. 

Barca are a mess. They have been spectacularly shit in the transfer market and are ruining the good players they buy as they have no clue what style of football they want to play. Valverde tried to make them more pragmatic but the fans hated him and now they have the total opposite in Setien, who plays the football the fans want, but is extremely naive. 

I don't think Messi would leave if it isn't to go back to Argentina, but they have to be careful. They have very little direction at the moment. 

8 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Barca are a mess. They have been spectacularly shit in the transfer market and are ruining the good players they buy as they have no clue what style of football they want to play. Valverde tried to make them more pragmatic but the fans hated him and now they have the total opposite in Setien, who plays the football the fans want, but is extremely naive. 

I don't think Messi would leave if it isn't to go back to Argentina, but they have to be careful. They have very little direction at the moment. 

Didn't Messi leave Argentina when he was 12 or something and his family all moved to Barcelona with him?  I'm not sure that would have too much of a pull to move there like some other Argentinian players.  I can't really see him going anywhere.  Ronaldo has set up camp at Juve which pretty much rules out Italy as all the other teams are shit (perhaps not Inter, but Conte is not a Messi-style football guy).

PSG would be a massive waste, and Bayern just doesn't seem a good fit.

Messi has more power at Barca than anyone else, they'll just do what he wants.  

17 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Didn't Messi leave Argentina when he was 12 or something and his family all moved to Barcelona with him?  I'm not sure that would have too much of a pull to move there like some other Argentinian players.  I can't really see him going anywhere.  Ronaldo has set up camp at Juve which pretty much rules out Italy as all the other teams are shit (perhaps not Inter, but Conte is not a Messi-style football guy).

PSG would be a massive waste, and Bayern just doesn't seem a good fit.

Messi has more power at Barca than anyone else, they'll just do what he wants.  

Yeah, don't see him moving but Barca aren't helping themselves. Honestly, in Europe you feel Man City are really his only sensible destination, but I would find it unlikely he'd leave Barcelona to go live in Manchester. The Argentina thing, he'll probably play there when he's in his late 30's if he feels like it. 

3 hours ago, Duff Man said:

Apparently they've spent a billion since Neymar left which is pretty fucking staggering considering that was less than three years ago.

A billion?  That is a lot.  Thing is most of the big ones are good or really good players, they've just overpaid and not been able to harness them into a great team.

Griezmann - bit of a twat but a really good player and can play anywhere across the frontline.

Dembele - really promising when they bought him, but has been injured and/or bit rubbish

Coutinho - way over the cost, but a good player who they couldn't fit with Messi

De Jong - really good player, but Busquets plays his position, so he hasn't fit so far

I guess that's about half a billion, where'd the other half a billion go?

2 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

A billion?  That is a lot.  Thing is most of the big ones are good or really good players, they've just overpaid and not been able to harness them into a great team.

Griezmann - bit of a twat but a really good player and can play anywhere across the frontline.

Dembele - really promising when they bought him, but has been injured and/or bit rubbish

Coutinho - way over the cost, but a good player who they couldn't fit with Messi

De Jong - really good player, but Busquets plays his position, so he hasn't fit so far

I guess that's about half a billion, where'd the other half a billion go?

Lenglet, Malcolm, Arthur, Vidal, Neto, Firpo, Semedo - These were all about 20m - 40m each.

10 minutes ago, elvis said:

What a joke he is , whoever thought he was Barca quality needs sacking .

They could actually do with a 26/27 year old Vidal. Someone to make them slightly less pedestrian.

They've since signed (and fucked off) Paulinho and Kevin Prince Boateng.

They're basically a better version of United, with a similarly scattergun approach to signings. They've been lucky that Real Madrid aren't very good either.

All these fucking loons complaining that VAR was brought in to help Liverpool win the league are missing one very important fact.

VAR is used by the same refs who are in charge of games, and if the fix is in it's a hell of a lot easier for refs to help teams out without having to use a fucking video replay to justify their decisions.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, dave u said:

All these fucking loons complaining that VAR was brought in to help Liverpool win the league are missing one very important fact.

VAR is used by the same refs who are in charge of games, and if the fix is in it's a hell of a lot easier for refs to help teams out without having to use a fucking video replay to justify their decisions.

When people are resentful they will always find a justification for their anger no matter how illogical it is, the logical part of their brains will know it's bollocks but they emotional side of their brain will overpower that. A bit like a loudmouth cunt that shouts over everyone, well unfortunately for them he lives in their cranium.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, dave u said:

I hear shite like this daily, I just laugh at the jealous mongs. 

a1wo9Z34_700wa_0.gif

8 minutes ago, aws said:

What are they complaining about? When the Powers That Be have their next pre-season get together in the summer perhaps the fix will be in for them. 

Not possible I'm afraid. America have sanctions on all Iranian good and services and have told the FA and premier league to make sure they finish below the redshite.

True story.

John Henry and Tom Werner met with officials from the Premier League, FA and UEFA in a secret camp in the woods in Freshfields to discuss the course of Association Football and Liverpool’s place at the summit of it.

It was agreed after they donned their robes and danced round a giant wooden carved Liverbird that Liverpool would hold dominion over the football world for twenty years. Let it be so.

• Like 1

If we win league it is going to be stripped from us and we are getting relegated anyway - plus the below - all in the 'hacking' thread on blueloon - the fucking headers!

If what PB posted is true, and I have absolutely no doubt it is, and all the other snippets posted on this tread are also true, this could be a massive opportunity to get even with Liverpool FC and more importantly with FSG. As we all know FSG and Liverpool have made life very difficult for City off the pitch over the last few years with the help of the other PL clubs and UEFA. Allegedly. ;-)

PS. If anyone is reading this from FSG and from Liverpool Football Club, I hope City f***ing hammer you with all their wealth and the best Lawyers and Barristers money can buy. It's payback time, you t***s!

5 minutes ago, an tha said:

If we win league it is going to be stripped from us and we are getting relegated anyway - plus the below - all in the 'hacking' thread on blueloon.

If what PB posted is true, and I have absolutely no doubt it is, and all the other snippets posted on this tread are also true, this could be a massive opportunity to get even with Liverpool FC and more importantly with FSG. As we all know FSG and Liverpool have made life very difficult for City off the pitch over the last few years with the help of the other PL clubs and UEFA. Allegedly. ;-)

PS. If anyone is reading this from FSG and from Liverpool Football Club, I hope City f***ing hammer you with all their wealth and the best Lawyers and Barristers money can buy. It's payback time, you t***s!

Are all City fans 10 year old boys?