You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

9 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

He looks frightening. Reminds me of when Drogba came and it was like fuck this guys a beast. There was always going to be hyperbole around him, westham looked fucking terrified  of him. If he stays fit he's going to score an outrageous amount of goals in that City team.

Ugly cunt defo scares kids. 

22 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Even I got paid on that deal because I've been to Dortmund a few times. 

Can you imagine what's being paid off payroll? He was touting himself around at 600k per week, there's no way he's accepted 350k to go there. It's just half his wages will be paid elsewhere, off their books and in a more tax efficient manner. 

Pretty sure I remember reading that before Chelsea signed Lukaku, they went for Haaland and were quoted 750k a week.

Totally agree there's no way he's 'only' on 350k a week at City.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Chairman Meow said:

Richards doesn't have the intelligence to spell his own fucking name. 

I wonder if his name is actually Michael but he cocked it up when he signed for man city and he's been too embarrassed to correct anyone since. 

8 hours ago, Aventus said:

I wonder if his name is actually Michael but he cocked it up when he signed for man city and he's been too embarrassed to correct anyone since. 

I think that about loads of people - or at least maybe their parents didn't know how to spell names. It started when you'd see names that were just spelt obviously badly. Then I'm sure dillian white as an example is really dillan, whenever anyone who knew him growing up talks about him in an interview, they all call him dillan. I'm not sure about Ryan Brewster either. 

8 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think that about loads of people - or at least maybe their parents didn't know how to spell names. It started when you'd see names that were just spelt obviously badly. Then I'm sure dillian white as an example is really dillan, whenever anyone who knew him growing up talks about him in an interview, they all call him dillan. I'm not sure about Ryan Brewster either. 

My in-laws adopted two boys when they where 1 year old babies.  Named Logan & Kearan (Ciaran).  If it were me I'd have changed the spelling but they have left it.  Annoys the fuck out of that spelling.  

• Upvote 2

On 07/08/2022 at 19:35, Bruce Spanner said:

Haarland is a goon who looked irrelevant for most of the game, but still scores two, I guess that might be the same for a large part of the season until they figure out what is the best way to maximise the potential so he scores eighty goals a season.

I'm calling it now, we'll finish above City this season.

Their squad is paper thin in places, especially in key positions like full back and wide attackers, which are essential the way the bald fraud set his teams up.

A couple of injuries in midfield and that starts to look a little lightweight as well, especially if they persevere with Grealish as he's fucking shite and ill suited to them.

We, I believe, have the better and deeper squad.

23 hours ago, Arniepie said:

Rory Smith,always worth a listen, reckons whilst city are looking ominous,their squad isn't that deep,and a couple of injuries,especially to the full backs,could see them in trouble. 

Now, I'm not saying I'm Rory Smith, but if anyone wants an autograph hit me up...

On 09/08/2022 at 11:40, Arniepie said:

Rory Smith,always worth a listen, reckons whilst city are looking ominous,their squad isn't that deep,and a couple of injuries,especially to the full backs,could see them in trouble. 

Congrats to future Premier League champion Tottenham, then.

On 09/08/2022 at 05:10, dave u said:

Pretty sure I remember reading that before Chelsea signed Lukaku, they went for Haaland and were quoted 750k a week.

Totally agree there's no way he's 'only' on 350k a week at City.

That bulb-headed cyborg with the face of a whining 2-year-old in the sweet aisle at Tesco grafted onto it has hit pay dirt.

He'll be on a modest on-the-books wage, but as part of the deal will be signed to an "independent" organisation as an "ambassador" (he agrees to visit there for his luxury holidays and pose for a photograph for £18m pa).  And when I say "independent", I mean of course Abu Dhabi.  And when I say "ambassador" I mean VIP Guest.

First class flight in, air conditioned limousine ride to five star gated hotel, presidential suite overnight stay, all-you-can-eat buffet with full English, posed snap with various anonymous sheiks, air-conditioned limousine ride to airport, first class flight home.

That kind of luxury?

On 09/08/2022 at 08:40, Arniepie said:

I don’t think it needs a journalist to tell you this, looking at their squad with your own eyes will tell you the same. 

Also, Haaland’s injury record has never been great. Think Thiago. Given he’ll play more, more intense games this season, I’d be surprised if it improves.

I’m surprised at which supposedly highly rated youngsters they’ve let leave. They could easily say “We’ve won 4/5 titles, we’re going to blood some youngsters” but they’ve let a number of those players leave as well.