You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

2 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Is this the right thread to mention that Liam Gallagher being a massive helmet?

Liam Gallagher is a massive helmet.

Liam and Noel literally cannot stop going on about us. What a tragic, irrelevant pair of cunts they are. 

13 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Noel Gallagher was on Talk Sport this morning, moaning about how City aren't viewed as greats.

If that's what you're worried about the day after youve won the league, then I suggest taking up a different hobby mate, cos you're not really enjoying this one. 

I take no notice of anything either of the Gallagher brothers say, and have both of them blocked on Twitter. I saw Noel Gallagher on Soccer AM years ago, he’s not very knowledgeable about football.

14 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Noel Gallagher was on Talk Sport this morning, moaning about how City aren't viewed as greats.

If that's what you're worried about the day after youve won the league, then I suggest taking up a different hobby mate, cos you're not really enjoying this one. 

Nor will they ever be . They're just Standing on the Shoulders of Giants.  Never to be recognised for their success as it's all fake and one day they'll slide away.  

Citeh fans in general do seem to have this obsession with how they are percieved and are always glancing in Liverpool's direction.  

City don't seem to understand that respect is earned, and that buying all the titles in the world isn't enough. People won't respect you any more than they would someone who bought a bunch of second-hand medals and waltzed round pretending to be a war hero. It's a club suffering from a massive case of impostor syndrome. Justifiably so, because they're a bunch of impostors.

• Upvote 10

15 minutes ago, Chris said:

It's a good thing for both they both exist, otherwise Liam or Noel would be the undisputed biggest cunt on the planet.

It's like the fucking Klitschko's, surely time for them to give it up and let some new blood onto the scene...

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Chris said:

There isn't a single part of me today that's remotely bothered they've won it because they don't matter. All that matters is that we didn't. Does that make sense? 

Absolutely

1 hour ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Yep. If you said it during his Barca days you'd get shouted down by hipsters. The sheer technical feat of it was incredible, but as a footballing spectacle it was boring as fuck to watch.

Every chance of a direct attack, a 40 yard screamer, lobbing the keeper, all spurned in favour of cutting back inside, recycling possession and throttling the opposition. Efficient, but dull.

it is also a style of pay i cannot imagine anyone being successful with unless they have a loaded deck. and while it is clearly successful over 38 games, Guardiola's CL record would suggest for all the control they want in the game, when they meet the best teams, they don't have it. His only success with it is when he had a talent available to him that was the best on the planet at the time. 

From the Daily Mash

PITCH invaders at football games have discovered that the pitch is no more than a large grassed oblong with white lines painted on it. 

Supporters who have finally overcome their inhibitions and run onto the field of play have reported that it is basically kind of like the bowling green at your local park, but bigger.

Man City fan Oli O’Connor said: “I was so excited when my team won the league, in accordance with all predictions since August last year, I thought I’d treat myself to finding out what the pitch is really like.

My heart was in my mouth as I leapt the barrier onto the hallowed turf, only to find it’s basically turf. Turf, like you’d buy from a garden centre.

“I wandered around a bit, wondering if I’d missed the special spots that make this an incredible playground for millionaire superstars, but if anything it felt more ordinary the longer I was on there.

“It’s almost as if there’s not anything intrinsically magical about football and it’s all just me projecting my frustrated hopes and dreams onto a sporting entity that’s f**k all to do with them.

He added: “We broke the crossbar anyway, making the goal smaller so next season it’ll be harder for other teams to score against us. Until we change ends at half-time.” 

12 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

It’s boss, nobody gives a fuck they won the title. It was quite low down the independent sport section by 9pm last night. I just hope even more that we win on Saturday as the wall to wall coverage will no doubt infuriate them.

Fingers crossed!

That goal yesterday saved that Fraud Pep from serious embarrassment. They fuck that up yesterday and it's not City fans that would slate him, but United. They are more than happy to have them winning, it's not a bitter pill to swallow as such. Those fcking fake tears and his Liverpool are a wonderful team etc...guy can't help craving the attention, but at back of his mind this league win won't paper over the cracks 'when' number 7 is lifted as the celebrations will outdo their little Partygate!

Like comparing The Beatles to those Gallagher twits...you can't!