You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

As for Guardiola, I'm surprised his behaviour hasn't bee criticised by any pundits. The run-in this time has really seen him stoop lower than ever with all of his anti-LFC rants. He's behaved like the spoilt brat whose parents are the richest in the area. Ridiculous whining and finger-pointing month after month. A truly pathetic and neurotic individual.

• Upvote 1

The biggest thing about what they did today that depressingly shows the scale of the mountain we keep trying to climb and will need to is for me this...

Every single pundit, commentator etc KNEW the moment City's first went in today what was going to follow....but what really makes it worse and so worrying is fact that so did every Villa player and every Villa fan....and frankly probably most grounded Liverpool fans and probably if they would have had time to think about it even Liverpool players.

Basically everybody knew and that just makes it even less likely teams will have any belief against City in this shite league in future and of course just bolsters even further city's mental stranglehold....

It's a dark, dark day today - league was/is (depending on how optimistic you are) on life support - provided by us.....what happened today has quite possibly switched it off.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nelly-Matip said:

One of their cunt fans has been spamming the Echo Facebook page with proper vile Hillsborough related comments for a few weeks on and off. 

I’ve had enough of shit like that so I reported him to the police on Friday. Hopefully his celebrations will be cut short by a knock on the door (if they take any action). 

Well done. The sad thing is, the Echo deletes posts and deactivates accounts if the content is critical of Echo hacks. And yet this kind of crap stays on there.

2 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

As for Guardiola, I'm surprised his behaviour hasn't bee criticised by any pundits. The run-in this time has really seen him stoop lower than ever with all of his anti-LFC rants. He's behaved like the spoilt brat whose parents are the richest in the area. Ridiculous whining and finger-pointing month after month. A truly pathetic and neurotic individual.

Potemkin Pep does things the right way. 

They are not good winners. Everything about them is the predatory chav lottery winner who got lucky. Like being invited to an exclusive restaurant and within ten minutes, the pants are down and they are flinging shit about the place.

They go around, inflating a perceived rivalry, calling us dippers, which is funny in the same way when a four year old uses a swear word inadvertently. It was like the contrived Chelsea rivalry with Shitcoat and Rafa. It didnt feel real. Our rivals are the red mancs, because I can at least hold begrudging respect to their achievements.

They have this divine right and sense of entitlement that the trophies are theirs. Trophies are won, not bought. Buy as many as they like, a top club they are not. I cannot respect them as a rival. That right has not been earned.

The immediate prospect is depressing. Haaland is coming, because that plucky City team played out without a number 9 all season. It will take a few years for Newcastle, but we will see the first mercenary signings heading their in the next few weeks. We need some midfield work, but overall I am comfortable with how we are positioned.

We need a competitive league to avoid becoming the Bundesliga. Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and United are no where near challenging. The Premier Leagues investigations into City finances will probably prove toothless. Guardiola will know that he came close to blowing it today. He knows we are on their tails. That pressure may be a little bit too much, especially when Big Ears makes a trip to L4 for the 7th time next week.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

They're animals from top to bottom, a footballing pirate ship.

And nothing will be done about it, there’s really no point getting angry about it. Oil states have bought football, you’re better suited looking for alternative enjoyment.

3 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

I find the notion that utd somehow didn't buy there success faintly ridiculous in all honesty. 

They consistently blew everyone else out the water financially till Chelsea came along.

We outspent them in the 90s, as I recall. If not, it was certainly close. By the time the 2000s rolled about, they had more than earned their ability to spend the sums of money that they did, just as we will if our current level of success continues. Of course, it’ll still look small-fry compared to the amount(s) lavished by the likes of City and Newcastle…

5 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

I find the notion that utd somehow didn't buy there success faintly ridiculous in all honesty. 

They consistently blew everyone else out the water financially till Chelsea came along.

But at least they did it off the back of revenues they generated themselves, capitalising on their popularity and commercial astuteness. As opposed to being the fortunate choice of an oil state desperate to bleach its petro dollars 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Utd earned it , City have earned fuck all, they won the lottery. It was bestowed upon them.