You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

46 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

While this is indeed shit, if I could do this I would. Why tie yourself down to a club when you can have a lucrative move in a couple of years, get another signing on bonus and wage increase. At the same time you protect yourself with a nice 5 year contract if you get an injury or have a dip in form.

I reckon agents and players will try and do this more often.

10 hours ago, Scott_M said:

When you look at how far they’ve been ahead of every other side apart from us, it’s unbelievable nobody else has woken up and seeing what’s happening…

39E66B40-9C85-4F4D-AFE0-DB739C0A5F10.jpeg

3C1B945D-2ED8-490E-9E92-7A290EFEF56E.jpeg

01AC507B-9545-443B-9336-2BAA91990B32.jpeg

33D49CB7-D8AF-4A15-AE36-4B6B7A405549.jpeg

7DFC365B-EBF0-456D-98CE-B1A5955A9919.jpeg

Taking us out the equation, that’s them winning the league by 19, 26, 12 and 19 points. 

Yep, the gap between City and the next non-Liverpool team, accumulated over 5 seasons, is 91 points. That's an average of 18 points per season. 

Klopp's Reds are the only thing keeping this league remotely interesting and not a formality by the start of April. 

I'm devoed about league - absolutely heartbroken.

Simply because i wanted this group of players and this manager and us as fans to have what was taken away from them and us because of covid laws in 2020....namely a proper presentation, celebration and parade.....

So for that reason i am absolutely gutted...also gutted that yet again we rack up a total that wins 99% of leagues in history but get fuck all - and lose out.

It isn't as if we have collapsed or let it go or anything we've kept winning/kept being unbeaten....what is it now 4/5 months unbeaten - but to see 1 draw punished with Abu Dhabi romping to back to back 5 goal wins to take GD out of equation is sickening.

But as someone else said earlier in week - what did we expect though when football has allowed a state owned club with near limitless finances and complete contempt for the flimsiest of financial rules to take hold?...

If we win another trophy this season it will be really nice and it will be very special if it is the big one - but as i say i am devoed, and really fucking angry about league being lost to those sportswashing, cheating bastards.

• Upvote 6

49 minutes ago, an tha said:

Simply because i wanted this group of players and this manager and us as fans to have what was taken away from them and us because of covid laws in 2020....namely a proper presentation, celebration and parade.....

So for that reason i am absolutely gutted...also gutted that yet again we rack up a total that wins 99% of leagues in history but get fuck all - and lose out.

It isn't as if we have collapsed or let it go or anything we've kept winning/kept being unbeaten....what is it now 4/5 months unbeaten - but to see 1 draw punished with Abu Dhabi romping to back to back 5 goal wins to take GD out of equation is sickening.

But as someone else said earlier in week - what did we expect though when football has allowed a state owned club with near limitless finances and complete contempt for the flimsiest of financial rules to take hold?...

If we win another trophy this season it will be really nice and it will be very special if it is the big one - but as i say i am devoed, and really fucking angry about league being lost to those sportswashing, cheating bastards.

Wholeheartedly concur. 

1 hour ago, A_S said:

Yep, the gap between City and the next non-Liverpool team, accumulated over 5 seasons, is 91 points. That's an average of 18 points per season. 

Klopp's Reds are the only thing keeping this league remotely interesting and not a formality by the start of April. 

Chelsea are the only other team in each top 5 and they have accumulated 127 fewer points than city over the 5 years. That's an average 25+ points a season more than one of the biggest clubs in the country that was financially doped to the tune of £80m per year. If Klopp/this Liverpool didn't exist the league would genuinely be worse that France and Germany.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Wholeheartedly concur. 

I'd iamgine lots of us feel same.

It is fucking horrible.

To think we have a side this fucking good and it won't make the mark on history it should because of those cheating bastards is truly sickening.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, an tha said:

I'd iamgine lots of us feel same.

It is fucking horrible.

To think we have a side this fucking good and it won't make the mark on history it should because of those cheating bastards is truly sickening.

I can’t see it being any different next season either. They have an aura of absolute invincibility in this country (even when they lose more games than us), and even if Haaland were to have a detrimental effect on the balance of the team, they’ll win games even easier than they already do because it’s another reason why it’s too daunting to even try against them.

I see second behind them as far more meaningful than any their titles, but of course it’s not the same.

Said before these boys deserve the honours for the efforts they have put in. We haven’t cheated our way to the top and done all the right things.

Grown the club over decades, got a great structure and coaching set up in place etc etc. Yet this mob come along and ride roughshod over everyone and the powers that be allow it and shrug their shoulders.
Maybe had it been united getting shafted in this way they’d be more done. But alas it isn’t as they’re shit.
We need to keep building and growing our club, investing wisely as we can still compete at the very top, win a cup treble this season and go into next season buoyant.

Be positive as we’ll get chances to truly cement jurgens legacy. He and we deserve it.

• Upvote 1

If we win on Saturday Klopp will have won the 3 major trophies in England in his time here while competing against City and to a lesser extent Chelsea. It would be magnificent achievement. In fact bar the Europa League he'll have won everything he could win. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I can’t see it being any different next season either. They have an aura of absolute invincibility in this country (even when they lose more games than us), and even if Haaland were to have a detrimental effect on the balance of the team, they’ll win games even easier than they already do because it’s another reason why it’s too daunting to even try against them.

I see second behind them as far more meaningful than any their titles, but of course it’s not the same.

Sadly i agree.

It is really hard to see how we get past these in league....even as good as we are.

The players and the manager and his staff deserve so much more.

2 hours ago, an tha said:

Totally agree. 

Its fucking sickening that we have lost atleast 3 league titles to these twats. 

15 hours ago, Pete said:

Wonder how the Premier League feels about them.  Turned a reasonably competitive league into a bit of a farce. If not for us they'd be winning a 5th league in a row and hitting the 90 point mark again. 
But I guess as long as it stops us winning it then they're happy.. 

I'm not sure it was that competitive before they came along to be fair.

That Leicester championship was aberation..no wonder its seen as a fairly tale.

Lets be frank, if the PL had applied its FP rules we should have at least 2 more in the bank. City are still under investigation, and have fake sponsors that don't even exist, the saudis just launder their oil money through the club at will, but they let them continue.

8 minutes ago, Halcyon Days said:

Keep racking these 2nd place finishes up, they might end up giving us 20, 21 and 22 when the cheats are brought book.

A case of first is first, second place are actually the champions as first was bought by a nation and a bunch of crooked cheats and I remember the bad times too. One year we came third? 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Halcyon Days said:

Keep racking these 2nd place finishes up, they might end up giving us 20, 21 and 22 when the cheats are brought book.

They'll merely say no winner. I'd be amazed if city get stripped of titles. That's bad for the brand and TV deals. 

3 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Not a chance in a million years will the premier league remove their titles or anything else. They won't publicly taint their product.

Not when it's already tainted. 

15 hours ago, an tha said:

Sadly i agree.

It is really hard to see how we get past these in league....even as good as we are

We could start by beating them . Had we turned one of the draws into a win we would probably end up champions