You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

8 hours ago, sh#t waffle said:

There's a city supporter on Twitter who's relatively sound unless he's talking about the conspiracy against City. When they won the league by a point from us, he tweeted 'Dear football. You're welcome.' - and supporters of other clubs were queuing up to thank City for saving them from the horror of us winning the league. It was truly bizarre...

Nation of soul less boot lickers

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Mad that we're so hated because if you'd taken us out the mix English footy would have become unwatchable ages ago, the fact it's even a race this late on is huge credit to us.

I don't hate these the way I did the Mancs, there's nothing there, like Patrick Bateman, just an empty shirt.

But loathe the mancs as I did in the 90s, they at least looked like they were in a contest. They ground results out, they had to show a lot of fight at times, they had scares and dips. They doled out the odd hiding but most of the time it was 2-1 or a one-nil with Keane and Neville clearing shots and screaming at each other. If they'd lost a Stam or a Yorke there wouldn't be another 15 of the cunts ready to take their place like an oil-funded gobshite whack a mole.

These cunts are just boring. Four nil, five nil, four nil, slippers on, cigar in the mouth, and nobody fucking cares. The opposition don't care because they expect it, the pundits don't really care except Micah Richards for the same reasons, their fans don't care because they'd rather be watching Preston and eating Scotch eggs out of a kwicky bag. Guardiola doesn't care beyond some self-consciously paranoid, wounded pride, like a guy who spends his life as a stockbroker and realises at 60 that his kids hate him and he should have been a postman.

The whole thing is a PR machine, just a PR machine for a foreign state. Nothing cherished, nothing affirmed, nothing loved. Football with everything that makes football really worthwhile removed. 

Great post but it’s hard to take from Jim MacDonald!

• Upvote 1

Wonder how the Premier League feels about them.  Turned a reasonably competitive league into a bit of a farce. If not for us they'd be winning a 5th league in a row and hitting the 90 point mark again. 
But I guess as long as it stops us winning it then they're happy.. 

When you look at how far they’ve been ahead of every other side apart from us, it’s unbelievable nobody else has woken up and seeing what’s happening…

39E66B40-9C85-4F4D-AFE0-DB739C0A5F10.jpeg

3C1B945D-2ED8-490E-9E92-7A290EFEF56E.jpeg

01AC507B-9545-443B-9336-2BAA91990B32.jpeg

33D49CB7-D8AF-4A15-AE36-4B6B7A405549.jpeg

7DFC365B-EBF0-456D-98CE-B1A5955A9919.jpeg

Taking us out the equation, that’s them winning the league by 19, 26, 12 and 19 points. 

Thing is, if City did this 30 years ago, acted the big time Charlie and bought everyone, they wouldn't win the league.  They'd have had shit kicked out of them in every game, their top players would get two footed every game.  And the refs would likely have enjoyed giving nothing to them.  

• Upvote 1

Not gonna lie, I was all for Chelsea winning the league over United in 2005 and 2006, and was screaming at the screen when Aguero scored that goal against QPR in 2012. And I would've felt much worse had United managed to overhaul City for the league two years ago when we were struggling.

And I would do again. Aside from the fact that their current achievements are at our expense, they mean little to me, a doped up club that the authorities can't or wont rein in. I can't knock or blame other fans, especially our traditional rivals, for wanting them to win over us.

• Like 1

Everyone needs to feel relevant in some way. Like most on here, I know supporters of other clubs who have a traditional rivalry with us, one that they don’t have with city. My feeling is that the last thing they want is us going on the kind of trophy gathering run that we enjoyed in the 70’s/80’s and the same that United had after us. 
They feel that city are stopping that from happening, but not that city will carry it on to the same lengths. They are the new Chelsea, they’ll dominate for a few years then fall away, maybe Newcastle will then take on the mantle of “Scouse stoppers”, but they fail to realise this has been going on now for getting on for a decade.

It’s currently a two horse race, and the last thing they would do is put their money on us, because to do that is to back a team that could be them, and it’d show them up as failures for not being able to do what we are doing.

It’s much easier to back city as the kind of backing they have is unreachable, some kind of other level that means they can still feel comfortable supporting their teams because at the end of the season they’ve won the same as us in terms of the league.

Second is nowhere. Like them.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

Not gonna lie, I was all for Chelsea winning the league over United in 2005 and 2006, and was screaming at the screen when Aguero scored that goal against QPR in 2012. And I would've felt much worse had United managed to overhaul City for the league two years ago when we were struggling.

And I would do again. Aside from the fact that their current achievements are at our expense, they mean little to me, a doped up club that the authorities can't or wont rein in. I can't knock or blame other fans, especially our traditional rivals, for wanting them to win over us.

I was happy when they beat QPR as well and anytime United lose out I’m good with it. I think, for me anyway, it’s a different kind of dislike that I have for United and Everton than I have for City. When it comes to United there’s a bit of begrudging respect there. Same with Everton, though it’s been diminished lately.  With City I don’t really hate them, but I loathe what’s gotten them to this point. The consolation is Guardiola popping off every chance he gets about why people should give a shit, and that about sums it up. No one outside their own supporters are really rooting for City, they’re just rooting against Liverpool adding to our history, and it drives him absolutely insane.

• Upvote 1

I've said it loads of times: City winning the league is the closest you can get to voiding the league without voiding the league. If City win, football collectively shrugs and goes "yeah so you should do with all your money", their handful of fans demand respect and everyone else concentrates more on who missed out - generally us.

If we win, there are legions of unbearable fans, and everyone either has to congratulate a team they hate, or try and explain their own lack of success in opposition to it. Point is it stirs up a lot of feelings; City winning just doesn't. They could win the next five and most people would talk more about who misses out on the CL, or who gets relegated unexpectedly or whatever. It's a great comfort for most.

• Upvote 1

I think refereeing needs a 21st century overhaul.  I think teams are closer to stopping City than they think, but increasingly it seems that 'luck' is evading their PL opponents, every, single, time.  

Ignore the final score, it's the first 60 mins where the games are won and lost.  So often there's only a goal in it until then. 

Here's a stat.  First 19 games of this season saw 30 yellow cards for City. 

So far, 17 of the 19 games of the second half of the season, only 13 yellows. 

Weirdly, the midfield battlers of Rodri, Gundogan and Fernandinho (who were shown 4 yellows during the 12 CL games this season) despite being shown 6 yellows during the first 19 PL games, have only received 1 card since 29 Dec. 

This is all secondary to fouls being awarded though.  You can't book someone if you don't feel a foul has occurred.  And so often I see fouls not given against them, but equally as often I see City players grabbing a player about to break.  So often no card.  That's got to stop.  Guardiola thinks he's being clever by instructing this, especially early in games, but it's choking-out every last drop of hope that the opposition have, when the technically superior team can also commit key fouls at key times and not get punished.  

I'm not having referees anymore.  They are unelected king makers and can make any decision without ever being put in front of a camera to answer a question.  That we can't hear VAR conversations is beyond rationality, it's absurd that we continue to pay ticket prices and TV prices and some fat fuck like Jon Moss can be key to an elite sporting contest.  What the fuck are we doing? Why aren't these fuckers mic'd up? Line in the sand time. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Pete said:

Wonder how the Premier League feels about them.  Turned a reasonably competitive league into a bit of a farce. If not for us they'd be winning a 5th league in a row and hitting the 90 point mark again. 
But I guess as long as it stops us winning it then they're happy.. 

This is why im hopeful regarding the investigation they are doing. It may turn out to be shit. Moreover, even if the league do try and take action, the Man City lawyers may mitigate most of the actions proposed, however, the league must surely know that its appeal is in its competitiveness and the pull of the 'traditional' clubs. Does the league want to see its value decrease so it can sportswash for the city owners, as us, Utd, Arsenal, etc are reduced to also rans.

To those with more of an interest in these things, at what point does the worm turn and the dominance of City counter the aims of the city regime? Surely if they win every year, the value in winning ands its impact is lost? Is it a couple of European Cups and then turn to other teams/sports?

1 hour ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I think refereeing needs a 21st century overhaul.  I think teams are closer to stopping City than they think, but increasingly it seems that 'luck' is evading their PL opponents, every, single, time.  

Ignore the final score, it's the first 60 mins where the games are won and lost.  So often there's only a goal in it until then. 

Here's a stat.  First 19 games of this season saw 30 yellow cards for City. 

So far, 17 of the 19 games of the second half of the season, only 13 yellows. 

Weirdly, the midfield battlers of Rodri, Gundogan and Fernandinho (who were shown 4 yellows during the 12 CL games this season) despite being shown 6 yellows during the first 19 PL games, have only received 1 card since 29 Dec. 

This is all secondary to fouls being awarded though.  You can't book someone if you don't feel a foul has occurred.  And so often I see fouls not given against them, but equally as often I see City players grabbing a player about to break.  So often no card.  That's got to stop.  Guardiola thinks he's being clever by instructing this, especially early in games, but it's choking-out every last drop of hope that the opposition have, when the technically superior team can also commit key fouls at key times and not get punished.  

I'm not having referees anymore.  They are unelected king makers and can make any decision without ever being put in front of a camera to answer a question.  That we can't hear VAR conversations is beyond rationality, it's absurd that we continue to pay ticket prices and TV prices and some fat fuck like Jon Moss can be key to an elite sporting contest.  What the fuck are we doing? Why aren't these fuckers mic'd up? Line in the sand time. 

That’s very good, and would be a step forward if it were to happen, but it misses one point that’s important. It means the officials and, therefore, the Premier League, would be accountable.

They don’t want to be that, they just want to continue going “La, La, La, La” until anything controversial goes away.

It’s similar to the criticism UEFA get over the organisation of Champions League Finals. They just ignore the noise, eat their prawn sandwiches, slap themselves on the back, and expect two different teams to get there next season.

Problem solved.

55 minutes ago, John102 said:

This is why im hopeful regarding the investigation they are doing. It may turn out to be shit. Moreover, even if the league do try and take action, the Man City lawyers may mitigate most of the actions proposed, however, the league must surely know that its appeal is in its competitiveness and the pull of the 'traditional' clubs. Does the league want to see its value decrease so it can sportswash for the city owners, as us, Utd, Arsenal, etc are reduced to also rans.

To those with more of an interest in these things, at what point does the worm turn and the dominance of City counter the aims of the city regime? Surely if they win every year, the value in winning ands its impact is lost? Is it a couple of European Cups and then turn to other teams/sports?

The PL and particularly ourselves and Utd know they won't win any legal battles. I reckon the aim is to cause maximum PR damage, throw huge punishment at them that will be overturned but enough mud will stick that the asterisk will never be far away.