You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

26 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

Guardiola's problem is that this season is a disappointment, and a disaster if he doesn't win the Prem.

He has everything stacked in his favour, and he's under-achieving.

But rival fans will say Liverpool bottled the quadruple/the league despite the shit teams that they support getting nowhere near us and doing fuck all in Europe.

39 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

Guardiola's problem is that this season is a disappointment, and a disaster if he doesn't win the Prem.

He has everything stacked in his favour, and he's under-achieving.

That's not it, it's all about recognition, he craves it. He was sold a dream of a blank canvas to create his own masterpiece. And he's done that, money or no money the side he's built is an unbelievable team but still no one gives a shit. They won the treble and it was out of the news cycle by the Tuesday, the 100 points thing barely registered with anyone and they invented the "fourmidables" to match Arsenal's invincibles and not a person out side of Abu Dhabi ever uttered the word.

He knows come next Sunday they could be champions and it won't be 2 in a row or 4 from 5, it will Liverpool are gearing up to take on Madrid in a clash of European Royalty. The mad cunt could chop his ear off by the time the season is out.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Bot said:

Isn't Haaland hugely injury prone? Perfect Aguero replacement really. 

They won't be arsed about that. They are already at the top top level, they don't need to play him every week.

They could happily wrap him in cotton wool for the entire season and only bring him out for champions league second legs and finals and he would have served his purpose. 

5 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Keep digging you little weirdo…

Liverpool spent a lot of money in the 70s, is that correct Pep?

A lot of Liverpool fans are of the opinion that the best team in the club's history was the 78/79 team. The first 11 cost £1.72m. 

Clemence 18k

Neal 68k

Thompson 0k

Hansen 100k

Kennedy 360k

Case 0k

McDermott 180k

Souness 360k

Kennedy 200k

Dalglish 440k

Heighway 0k

At the same time, just 7 of City's first team cost £1.53m. 

Channon 360k
Watson 175k
Futcher 365k
Hartford 210k
Bell 45k
Kidd 100k
Tueart 275k
And they were just about to spend almost £1.5 on Steve Daley. 

Liverpool and Manchester United were the best from the 70s until 2010 because they were the best run clubs with the most support to generate wealth and had the best players, managers and staff.

You just ask your cunt owners to do some more cheating to give you more money to buy the best players so you can beg for admiration, you sad, sad weirdo.

• Upvote 8

Mad that we're so hated because if you'd taken us out the mix English footy would have become unwatchable ages ago, the fact it's even a race this late on is huge credit to us.

I don't hate these the way I did the Mancs, there's nothing there, like Patrick Bateman, just an empty shirt.

But loathe the mancs as I did in the 90s, they at least looked like they were in a contest. They ground results out, they had to show a lot of fight at times, they had scares and dips. They doled out the odd hiding but most of the time it was 2-1 or a one-nil with Keane and Neville clearing shots and screaming at each other. If they'd lost a Stam or a Yorke there wouldn't be another 15 of the cunts ready to take their place like an oil-funded gobshite whack a mole.

These cunts are just boring. Four nil, five nil, four nil, slippers on, cigar in the mouth, and nobody fucking cares. The opposition don't care because they expect it, the pundits don't really care except Micah Richards for the same reasons, their fans don't care because they'd rather be watching Preston and eating Scotch eggs out of a kwicky bag. Guardiola doesn't care beyond some self-consciously paranoid, wounded pride, like a guy who spends his life as a stockbroker and realises at 60 that his kids hate him and he should have been a postman.

The whole thing is a PR machine, just a PR machine for a foreign state. Nothing cherished, nothing affirmed, nothing loved. Football with everything that makes football really worthwhile removed. 

• Upvote 25

20 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Mad that we're so hated because if you'd taken us out the mix English footy would have become unwatchable ages ago, the fact it's even a race this late on is huge credit to us.

I don't hate these the way I did the Mancs, there's nothing there, like Patrick Bateman, just an empty shirt.

But loathe the mancs as I did in the 90s, they at least looked like they were in a contest. They ground results out, they had to show a lot of fight at times, they had scares and dips. They doled out the odd hiding but most of the time it was 2-1 or a one-nil with Keane and Neville clearing shots and screaming at each other. If they'd lost a Stam or a Yorke there wouldn't be another 15 of the cunts ready to take their place like an oil-funded gobshite whack a mole.

These cunts are just boring. Four nil, five nil, four nil, slippers on, cigar in the mouth, and nobody fucking cares. The opposition don't care because they expect it, the pundits don't really care except Micah Richards for the same reasons, their fans don't care because they'd rather be watching Preston and eating Scotch eggs out of a kwicky bag. Guardiola doesn't care beyond some self-consciously paranoid, wounded orude, like a guy who spends his life as a stockbroker and realises at 60 that his kids hate him and he should have been a postman.

The whole thing is a PR machine, just a PR machine for a foreign state. Nothing cherished, nothing affirmed, nothing loved. Football with everything that makes football really worthwhile removed. 

There's a city supporter on Twitter who's relatively sound unless he's talking about the conspiracy against City. When they won the league by a point from us, he tweeted 'Dear football. You're welcome.' - and supporters of other clubs were queuing up to thank City for saving them from the horror of us winning the league. It was truly bizarre...

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, sh#t waffle said:

There's a city supporter on Twitter who's relatively sound unless he's talking about the conspiracy against City. When they won the league by a point from us, he tweeted 'Dear football. You're welcome.' - and supporters of other clubs were queuing up to thank City for saving them from the horror of us winning the league. It was truly bizarre...

Sounds like an utter gobshite. 

27 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

These cunts are just boring. Four nil, five nil, four nil, slippers on, cigar in the mouth, and nobody fucking cares. The opposition don't care because they expect it, the pundits don't really care except Micah Richards for the same reasons, their fans don't care because they'd rather be watching Preston and eating Scotch eggs out of a kwicky bag. Guardiola doesn't care beyond some self-consciously paranoid, wounded pride, like a guy who spends his life as a stockbroker and realises at 60 that his kids hate him and he should have been a postman.

I just hope the American owners in the PL are cooking something up between them - a breakaway league with stronger FFP has to be tempting. I bet the EFL would sign up to a tempting offer and leave the PL with its trousers down.

The alternative is sitting back and letting it become a Newcastle - City shootout, a situation in which everyone will suffer when interest wanes. The chest clubs will have the choice of joining the breakaway with their unfair advantage neutered or sticking with the shell of a PL.

48 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Agree with all of that.

When I got into football, the league was very competitive. Everton, Arsenal and Leeds were the three biggest rivals (the Mancs were starting their decline). Lads my age in Liverpool feared and revered Giles and Bremner. Fabulous players in a great team (dirty bastards) managed by a great manager. Other teams came on the scene like Derby or Forest - managed by a wonderful manager. The Blueshite had a great team in the mid 80s. Then the Mancs got their shit together. As you say, they were horrible bastards but I respected them. Schmeichel, Keane, Ronaldo etc all great players managed by a horrible but brilliant prick. Arsenal under Wenger were a top side with players I loved like Henry and Bergkamp.

Where do I start with this lot. A great manager yes. Some great players yes. De Bruyne is fucking majestic to be fair. However, they are souless. Their fans are monumental dickheads. They haven't got where they are because of a Clough or a Revie, they got there because a country is backing a top manager. If Pep went to Marseille and finished above psg, then I might give him the credit that he craves. I just view him as a petulant little cunt who can't handle things not being handed to him on a plate.

One thing I will say, Haaland or no Haaland, we will win it next year, so fuck it anyway. We go again.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I just hope the American owners in the PL are cooking something up between them - a breakaway league with stronger FFP has to be tempting. I bet the EFL would sign up to a tempting offer and leave the PL with its trousers down.

The alternative is sitting back and letting it become a Newcastle - City shootout, a situation in which everyone will suffer when interest wanes. The chest clubs will have the choice of joining the breakaway with their unfair advantage neutered or sticking with the shell of a PL.

I’ve been thinking this a bit too.  Probably the only way forward if Citeh & then Newcastle spend like there’s no tomorrow all the time.  
I guess it’s another worthless title win for them this season.