You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

This is the big difference between Klopp and Guardiola. Guardiola buys the kind of players your average knobhead down the pub would buy, they're all proven or regarded as some kind of next big thing. Klopp spots and develops players out of nowhere.

I remember when we signed Jota and Wolves fans were posting on their own forums saying they'd had us off.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

This is the big difference between Klopp and Guardiola. Guardiola buys the kind of players your average knobhead down the pub would buy, they're all proven or regarded as some kind of next big thing. Klopp spots and develops players out of nowhere.

I remember when we signed Jota and Wolves fans were posting on their own forums saying they'd had us off.

Ye and our own fans at the time not happy when we got Robbo from a relegated Hull.

30 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

To be fair, the average knobhead in the pub would not have heard of Laporte, Diaz or Silva.

What's the facts about our spending in the 70s and 80s as far as I'm aware we could buy top players because we were successful but we were never massively above others spending. Christ the first time I can remember being gobsmacked about transfers was united spending 30 million on ferdinand, Rooney, veron that shit blew everyone away in terms of competing for individual players. How many years after their first 30 million pound player was our first 30 million pound player. As for city everyone knows they are spending more than they say, creatively to circumnavigate rules they signed up for so fuck them and fuck Piers Morgan for acting ignorant of the fact.

30 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Keep digging you little weirdo…

I've always liked Pep, but he's off his fucking rocker covering for this shit. The difference between United spending more than Norwich is because United earn more than Norwich. It isn't some fucking donation from a oligarch so that he can try to make him and his autocracy look good. 

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Keep digging you little weirdo…

Look at us! We're relevant now you know! We are! Everybody should love us now!!! Please just love us! 

Fucking thick cunt. What a twat he's proving to be.  

1 hour ago, No2 said:

He knows his fans, I'll give him that.

All I've seen since they went out of the CL on social media is City fans posting about how much Liverpool used to spend in the 70s and 80s. One was convinced John Moores bankrolled us because he had a 5% share in us while spending all his cash on Everton. 

They made out Shankly was like Guardiola spending money left right and centre. The stadium was a dump and the training ground was too. They weren't handed to the club like they got a free stadium after the Commonwealth games. Shankly convinced the club to get a loan to buy St John and Yeats as well as improve the ground. 

Yet Man City bought players in the late 70s and 80s breaking the million pound barrier. Think Peter Beardsley was our first player who cost over £1m, conveniently after selling Ian Rush for £3.2m. Liverpool also regularly bought players from lower league clubs and developed them in the reserves before putting them in the first team.

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

What's the facts about our spending in the 70s and 80s as far as I'm aware we could buy top players because we were successful but we were never massively above others spending. Christ the first time I can remember being gobsmacked about transfers was united spending 30 million on ferdinand, Rooney, veron that shit blew everyone away in terms of competing for individual players. How many years after their first 30 million pound player was our first 30 million pound player. As for city everyone knows they are spending more than they say, creatively to circumnavigate rules they signed up for so fuck them and fuck Piers Morgan for acting ignorant of the fact.

I remember being shocked that I myself stumped up £2m for Clive Allen when playing Team Tactix

Clive Allen Gallery | Trading Card Database

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

We paid £1m for a player years after loads of others. 

He protests too much does Guardiola. 

Man U did outspend people for the big players but they developed lots of their own too, City don't bother except for the odd one. 

The idea that we bought success in the 70s and 80s is laughable, with the exception of one or two notable exceptions, we never bought anyone that any other side couldn't have afforded if they'd spotted them first or got them playing as well as our managers did. There's literally countless examples of our best players being plucked from nowhere while the mancs and Spurs bought 'names'.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I've always liked Pep, but he's off his fucking rocker covering for this shit. The difference between United spending more than Norwich is because United earn more than Norwich. It isn't some fucking donation from a oligarch so that he can try to make him and his autocracy look good. 

I think we all liked him at Barca because he was always having a pop at Mourinho. 

He’s likely always been a mewling quim. 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

All I've seen since they went out of the CL on social media is City fans posting about how much Liverpool used to spend in the 70s and 80s. One was convinced John Moores bankrolled us because he had a 5% share in us while spending all his cash on Everton. 

They made out Shankly was like Guardiola spending money left right and centre. The stadium was a dump and the training ground was too. They weren't handed to the club like they got a free stadium after the Commonwealth games. Shankly convinced the club to get a loan to buy St John and Yeats as well as improve the ground. 

Yet Man City bought players in the late 70s and 80s breaking the million pound barrier. Think Peter Beardsley was our first player who cost over £1m, conveniently after selling Ian Rush for £3.2m. Liverpool also regularly bought players from lower league clubs and developed them in the reserves before putting them in the first team.

There are many, many ill-informed people out there. I had an online argument with a whopper once who - in defence of City, of course - was arguing that the Moores bought Liverpool's success in the sixties onwards. I had to point out that wihilst we were paying £35k and £40k of Yeats and The Saint, Man U and Spurs were shelling out £100k on Law and Greaves. I didn't even bother mentioning the likes of Clemence, Keegan, Larry Lloyd and others who we bought for a pittance from lower league clubs. (Those were also the days when lower league clubs survived by developing talent and selling it to bigger clubs. Now, of course, the academies, especially Chelsea and City, hoover up all the talent and the smaller clubs have to go down on bended knee to plead for loanees).

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Pete said:

Look at us! We're relevant now you know! We are! Everybody should love us now!!! Please just love us! 

Fucking thick cunt. What a twat he's proving to be.  

It’s like Chelsea when they won the title saying “We demand respect”.

How about, go fuck yourselves? 

• Upvote 1