You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

They're an irrelevant little club, and no matter how many PL titles they' win' won't change that. To me they'll always be the City of Peter Swales; sacking managers left, right and centre - and getting relegated and returning after a few seasons.

And yet fans of other clubs think they're great for stopping us winning....You couldn't make it up.

21 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I know being a red 'I would say this' but I honestly don't know what the club brings to the table at all. Their fans are embarrassing, their team is functionally slick against inferior opposition - like watching an attack helicopter in Afghanistan blow the shit out of farmers, over and over again, for years. 

But beyond KDB, there's no players in their side who I think are scintillating to watch if I was a neutral, if I was a kid I wouldn't want any of their Panini stickers. There's no joy in it - on the pitch or in the stands - just a kind of hollow, soulless, battery-by-numbers. Collecting a tin pot then on to the next season. Rinse and repeat. 

If I was a neutral I'd love watching the likes of Salah and Diaz.  

Put it this way, if they have a parade for the PL and we have one for the CL, I know which one will be over in 40 minutes. 

The only player i would have from then is KDB. Would swap any of their other players for what we have.  

1 minute ago, John102 said:

I take comfort in the fact that he knows nobody cares about them and it upsets him.

CIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTYYYYYYYYYY, 
CIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTYYYYYYYYYY, 

NOBODY FUCKING CARES. 

Guardiola seems intent for some reason on trying to spark some sort of feud with Klopp with all these weird little passive aggressive comments he keeps making. Problem for him is Klopp doesn't appear to have any interest at all in getting involved, which is starting to make Guardiola look like a right dick (or an even bigger dick than he already looked). 

• Upvote 1

I'm proper in the minority but I don't actually mind guardiola. He can be a bit of a crank but he lives and breathes football (I remember listening to a story where he rang Messi and made him go to the training ground at about 2 in the morning as he had just stumbled some tactical idea.)

There is clearly respect there between him and klopp but that outburst does seem a bit odd.

That gallum balleague was on 5 live the other week and he was saying when he had that massive spat with mourhino at barca , it almost tipped him over the edge

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I know being a red 'I would say this' but I honestly don't know what the club brings to the table at all. Their fans are embarrassing, their team is functionally slick against inferior opposition - like watching an attack helicopter in Afghanistan blow the shit out of farmers, over and over again, for years. 

But beyond KDB, there's no players in their side who I think are scintillating to watch if I was a neutral, if I was a kid I wouldn't want any of their Panini stickers. There's no joy in it - on the pitch or in the stands - just a kind of hollow, soulless, battery-by-numbers. Collecting a tin pot then on to the next season. Rinse and repeat. 

If I was a neutral I'd love watching the likes of Salah and Diaz.  

Put it this way, if they have a parade for the PL and we have one for the CL, I know which one will be over in 40 minutes. 

Manchester City are the football equivalents of Oasis.

Oasis are music for people who don't really like or understand music, and City are the same with football.  They want the casual fans who turn up once a year and expect to see a glut of goals and a handsome win; not really understanding the sterile as fuck play.  Just like the masses who would go to Oasis gigs and think they were 'having it large' and 'listening to real music, man', when in realty they were just watching a generic pub rock band with a couple of catchy songs.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

"Everyone wants Liverpool to win".

Yeah I feel that all the time. I wear my black goalie shirt from 2019 and strut through the streets of Wigan, Bath and Watford like John Travolta with my Argos Liver Bird pendant showing and people are like 'give'em hell kid!' 

Wibble. Anyway. Get back in your shinebox dickhead, you used to be a player but now you look like a simple kid tried to paint an egg to look like Ming the Merciless.

FSQVqhiX0AAeRvo.jpeg

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

West Ham or bust for us now 

Unfortunately they almost certainly need to drop points in two games. +4 is a far better GD at this stage, and they’re unlikely to lose by more than the odd goal while being likely to win the others by a hatful.

With regards to Pap’s demented commentary on the state of the footballing world and the regard we’re apparently held in, you do have to wonder if he’s decided he’s just about had his fill at City and is set for another brief hiatus before returning for another shot at hard-earned glory with PSG or Newcastle. I guarantee the massive twat would hoist aloft a Real Madrid scarf without a second thought if a sufficiently large contract and guarantee of transfer-market dominance was offered.

• Upvote 2

Guardiola has forgotten the last bit of "nobody likes us but we don't care". He absolutely does care. But its another year you won't win a European Cup. Whatever happens in Paris, you are behind us to the magnitude of 6. Send out that silly cunt Liam No Talent Gallagher to snipe at us but we are what you wish you where.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Unfortunately they almost certainly need to drop points in two games. +4 is a far better GD at this stage, and they’re unlikely to lose by more than the odd goal while being likely to win the others by a hatful.

With regards to Pap’s demented commentary on the state of the footballing world and the regard we’re apparently held in, you do have to wonder if he’s decided he’s just about had his fill at City and is set for another brief hiatus before returning for another shot at hard-earned glory with PSG or Newcastle. I guarantee the massive twat would hoist aloft a Real Madrid scarf without a second thought if a sufficiently large contract and guarantee of transfer-market dominance was offered.

If we finish level on points that means they lost a game so obviously the GD advantage drops to (at least) 3 and we have a game in hand. 

For example if we beat Villa by 2 on Tuesday and they lose to Wolves on Wednesday by 1 goal, their GD advantage is down to 1, with both teams having 2 games left.

I don't think they will drop points but if both teams finish level on points I think we will win it on goal difference. 

The unfortunate thing with them is that they raise their game to a level of consistency in the league that is basically impossible to match, and even when the competition is high. To beat a team like us this season and 18-19, that can put up points in the 90's is just impressive, even with their money. That's the Guardiola effect. Their failures in Europe is also the Guardiola effect, though, it seems.