You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

There is definitely a belong. One of the things which makes football great is the proud tradition of great clubs, their former managers, their great players and the nights in their grounds which have contributed to the wider game as a whole.

I take your point about being glad other sides can get there eventually, but your club earns its rep over time. 

I remember in the 90s and Lazio pioneered this galacticos bollocks, but I still never considered them anywhere near Milan, who were pretty shit for a while, I'm sure they were finishing about 10th at one point.

When arsenal won the double I didn't begrudge them as I consider them a proper club, with history.

The culture of a club and a fanbase has to mature naturally, there are no shortcuts.

Chelsea have been doing this for 20 years and they're still not considered amidst the top tier like us, Ajax, Inter etc. Because it wasn't hard won. It means nothing.

I think that's the crux of the likes of city and psg's Argument ..unless you are one of the established clubs there is very little chance you are going to make it without eye watering levels of dough.

Updated….

hqdefault.jpg

“So, Raheem, how you uh, how you comin' on with that Champion’s League Winner medal you're working on? Huh? Gotta a, uh, little gold disc there? Gotta, gotta nice little gold winner disc you're working on there? Your Champions League Winner medal you've been working on for seven years? Huh? Gotta, gotta winning run? Yeah? Gotta obstacle that you overcame? Huh? Little story brewing there? Working on, working on that for quite some time? Huh? Yeah, talking about that seven years ago. Been working on that the whole time? Nice little narrative? Beginning, middle, and end? Some losses become draws, some draws become wins? At the end you’re a winner and financially richer from the experience? Yeah? Yeah? No, no, you keep fucking it up.”

• Like 2
  • Upvote 11

Heard a journo today actually trying to say it's bollocks people are saying he's failed there. 

He was brought in to win the champions league, the whole club was set up for him. Its a failure if he doesn't won the CL same as it was at Bayern

I almost want them to get Haaland. Everybody thinks they are fake enough as it stands. To simply activate a bunch of cheat codes like this will make them look even less of a 'big' club than they already are. 

And that 0 CL trophies will hang around their neck like a fucking millstone. 

Pep Guardiola

A frazzled Pep Guardiola arrived at Manchester City’s training ground today wearing a dressing gown and one slipper. The club’s latest Champions League heartache came yesterday at the hands of 13 time winners Real Madrid.

Shit

pep-meltdown-min.jpg

“Everything is shit, no?” Guardiola told Soccer on Sunday. “This morning I asked God, ‘Do you hate me?’ Because why else would he give me such a squad of bottling shitebags? If I had a machine gun, I’d kill them all right now. Especially Jack and his hair.”

“Perhaps I am the problem,” said the 51 year-old. “Maybe I’m just a tanned Big Sam, no? The important thing now is to make my players believe that the same thing could happen in the league, because as I said before, they are bottling shitebags.”

“A bottler doesn’t change its spots,” he added. “They are similar to leopards, in that regard.”

18 hours ago, gkmacca said:

The whole Winter family sound like bourgeois whackoes. His brother Timothy, for example, is a frightfully delightful fellow who, having gone to Westminster School, obviously fashions himself an 'Islamic neo-traditionalist' and simply cannot wait for the next World Cup:

image.jpeg.573f57d1f7c4d195324f0e89f01aadea.jpeg

Then there's Mike and Bernie...

This is from an an artcle about Timothy Winter. No mention of him having a wank.

"In my teens I was sent off by my parents to a cottage in Corsica on an exchange with a very vigorous French Jewish family with four daughters," Winter recalls. "They turned out to be enthusiastic nudists.

"I remember being on the beach and seeing conjured up before my adolescent eyes every 15-year-old boy's most fervent fantasy. There was a moment when I saw peach juice running off the chin of one of these bathing beauties and I had a moment of realisation: the world is not just the consequence of material forces. Beauty is not something that can be explained away just as an aspect of brain function."

It had quite an effect on him: "That was the first time I became remotely interested in anything beyond the material world. It was an unpromising beginning, you might say.

"In a Christian context, sexuality is traditionally seen as a consequence of the Fall, but for Muslims, it is an anticipation of paradise. So I can say, I think, that I was validly converted to Islam by a teenage French Jewish nudist."

20 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Agree, people talk about Haaland like he's going to be a 12th player on the field.  No, they'll have to field 1 less player in midfield, and that changes their approach, unless they want to play Haaland wide left or right, which will be fucking hilarious. 

This is a good point that people seem to forget. However Pep made it work pretty well with Aguero so don't think it'll be that much of an issue 

1 hour ago, torahboy said:

This is from an an artcle about Timothy Winter. No mention of him having a wank.

"In my teens I was sent off by my parents to a cottage in Corsica on an exchange with a very vigorous French Jewish family with four daughters," Winter recalls. "They turned out to be enthusiastic nudists.

"I remember being on the beach and seeing conjured up before my adolescent eyes every 15-year-old boy's most fervent fantasy. There was a moment when I saw peach juice running off the chin of one of these bathing beauties and I had a moment of realisation: the world is not just the consequence of material forces. Beauty is not something that can be explained away just as an aspect of brain function."

It had quite an effect on him: "That was the first time I became remotely interested in anything beyond the material world. It was an unpromising beginning, you might say.

"In a Christian context, sexuality is traditionally seen as a consequence of the Fall, but for Muslims, it is an anticipation of paradise. So I can say, I think, that I was validly converted to Islam by a teenage French Jewish nudist."

Ha! That should be said by Christopher Walken, in his Duane guise from Annie Hall.

5 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

And the media narrative if they stroll the league next season will still be that “Pep’s a genius”.

So that's three players, possible four.