You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

1 minute ago, KMD7 said:

Hahahahahahah especially as he would have been doing the same thing himself when City went 1 up. 

I hope a Macc FC or Stockport County fan laughed in his face. 

7 minutes ago, Beno said:

Had a quick read of that last night, and wasn't sure if I was on Blue Moon or GOT. The total abscence of self awareness, fume, conspiracy theories, allegations of corruption against them etc was unbelievable. They're like Old Etonians with their self entitlement. 

City fans complaining about corruption and bent officials not obeying the rules must be the least self aware group on the Internet. Do they think the £1 billion spent on their team so far  has all come from  replica shirt sales and half time meat pies ?  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Captain Willard said:

The 238 page and counting post match thread on Blue moon is a joyous read of anger, moaning, self pity and turning on each other like rats in a sack. This is my favourite quote so far

“ The biggest eye opener for me was just how much impact a noisy crowd can make on the home team. The Madrid players grew in that atmosphere and we shrank. We'll never be able to recreate that at the Etihad,” 

They just don't belong in these places and they know it. It's like a YouTube millionaire going to the Savoy for the night, ordering a Fosters and deliberately leaving a skidmark on the bed. 

"I'm afraid I'll have to ask you to leave the Champions League sir, you're upsetting the other guests."

• Upvote 10

1 minute ago, Captain Willard said:

They were cheated by UEFA who didn't want an all English final apparently. 

What happened in 2019 then? Or whatever year Chelsea played the Mancs? Or last year? 

2 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

This bit was good 

‘There’s then a potential problem from having unlimited wealth. It makes you so powerful, and makes so many games so easy, that you don’t know how to handle it when things go against you.

Experiencing it a few times a season isn’t enough, and especially not once a year in the Champions League. It only ratchets up the doubt when you face it.’

45 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

How can he have the nerve to display any kind of bragging rights. The second they by passed Fair play rules they cheated everybody else. Their trophies are no more theirs than Ben Johnsons Gold was his. No one gives a shit when city win things except pundits and a media who help push sportwashing as a viable option. Even United fans would rather City win things because they are no longer a football team they are the PR branch of a country that wants eyes to look the other way. 

Hilarious listening to the fuckwit pundits go on about how amazing Real Madrid are.

Fuck off with that shit.

I had just said to my dear old Dad 'This is the worse Real team in living memory'

Then they scored one and the Cunts shit the bed.

That's the story of the game Rio you fucking Gimp.

4 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

The 238 page and counting post match thread on Blue moon is a joyous read of anger, moaning, self pity and turning on each other like rats in a sack. This is my favourite quote so far

“ The biggest eye opener for me was just how much impact a noisy crowd can make on the home team. The Madrid players grew in that atmosphere and we shrank. We'll never be able to recreate that at the Etihad,” 

238 pages?

I didn't realise they had that many fans.

3 hours ago, redinblack said:

Its why I dislike Bayern Munich so much. The two finals I wanted them to win, they fucked up.

Just had a chat with a chap about the same thing...unforgivable! 

He's a Gooner so I also threw in that Bergkamp penalty miss in Cup semi when Giggs took off his top to impress his sister in law!

14 minutes ago, index1000 said:

Hilarious listening to the fuckwit pundits go on about how amazing Real Madrid are.

Fuck off with that shit.

I had just said to my dear old Dad 'This is the worse Real team in living memory'

Then they scored one and the Cunts shit the bed.

That's the story of the game Rio you fucking Gimp.

Reading Henry Winter's report this morning, it was as if City had won the game. It was all in all a very odd bit of writing from a very odd man:

"There was a manager on the bus in Pep Guardiola" - he can't have welcomed THAT!

"Grealish soon had the beating of Real’s defence" - yes, of course he did, Henry.

"It also needs emphasising how much City missed the injured John Stones" - does it really?

"A special force permeates the Bernabéu, a belief as soaring as the tiers that reach for the sky" - I can't take much more of this.

"Grealish came on for Jesus, and was magnificent" - talk about nailing it. Ok, I'm done.

• Upvote 1