You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

24 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

The atmosphere was not fitting for a semi final that you're leading 2 nil st home after 10 minutes.

They're such a shit club.

I got in the car and put the radio on just after they’d gone 2-0 up and I assumed it was still 0-0 from the lack of noise. You could hear individual shouts from the crowd which is unbelievable in a CL semi at home, never mind one where you’re 2 up inside 11 minutes.

On 25/04/2022 at 22:23, Aventus said:

Does any other club have a "singing section"

I keep seeing the blue mooners cryarsing about their shite atmosphere and saying they need a better singing section, they kept talking about it before the semi too, making sure they had a designated block at Wembley for the singers. 

What's this about? First I've heard of any club needing to force something like this, I always assumed it was an organic thing. 

IMG_20220425_221919.jpg

That section at the back of the kop?

Our game v Southampton confirmed for 17th May & their game v wolves is on 11th.

This means we play before them in our next 3 league games. 

Newcastle v Liverpool Sat 30/4 12:30

Leeds v City sat 30/4 17:30

Liverpool v Spurs Sat 7/5 19:45

City v Newcastle Sun 8/5 16:30

villa v liverpool Tue 10/5 20:00

wolves v city wed 11/5 20:15

Feel we’ll need to be ahead of them at end of that round of games (36) or we won’t catch them especially if West Ham get to the Europa league final as that would be their penultimate game (West Ham v city sun 15/5, 3 days before the final). We would then have Southampton away on the 17th 3 days after the fa cup final where they could be 4 pts ahead before we kick off our penultimate game. 

14 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

The atmosphere was not fitting for a semi final that you're leading 2 nil st home after 10 minutes.

They're such a shit club.

It was garbage wasn’t it. Felt like they’d paid thousands of people to be extras and fill the seats. 

Imagine if we’d been 2-0 up v Real Madrid after 10 mins (or hopefully, tonight), Anfield would be absolutely rocking. 

Such a shit little club. 

19 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

That's because those aren't Man City fans, I reckon. I wouldn't put it past that club to be paying for stooges. 

I thought exactly the same mate. It was weird, the players were celebrating and fans were just stood there. Either filming or just looking. The only part of that ground the seemingly has any decent support is behind the goal to the left of the away fans (from the away fans looking out) 

14 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I've been hating rival clubs since I was a kid, part of being a fan, but city are the only club I've genuinely felt embarrassed by. 

FB_IMG_1651010569104.jpg

The state of that photo. A European Cup semi-final. Consumers, not participants. No passion or joy or anything in-between. Questions online about where 'the singing section' is. That club shouldn't be anywhere near these matches. 

14 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I thought exactly the same mate. It was weird, the players were celebrating and fans were just stood there. Either filming or just looking. The only part of that ground the seemingly has any decent support is behind the goal to the left of the away fans (from the away fans looking out) 

They have been known to hand out free tickets (in the 1000's) for league matches and given they all hate the champions league...

46 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah, they’ll have a section of real fans who have grown up City fans, they’ll have fans who are from surrounding areas and have been drawn in by the success, and then I’d wager they get a bus load of people they either give tickets to and free transport or just ship in from Saudi or something. I know it sounds like prime Evertonian conspiracy but they’re such a fake club with fake accounts, fake sponsorships, fake income, and fake companies paying people large amounts for fake consultancy, I wouldn’t be shocked if half their fans are fake too. 

9 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yeah, they’ll have a section of real fans who have grown up City fans, they’ll have fans who are from surrounding areas and have been drawn in by the success, and then I’d wager they get a bus load of people they either give tickets to and free transport or just ship in from Saudi or something. I know it sounds like prime Evertonian conspiracy but they’re such a fake club with fake accounts, fake sponsorships, fake income, and fake companies paying people large amounts for fake consultancy, I wouldn’t be shocked if half their fans are fake too. 

I reckon a lot of people who move to the area (students etc) with no real interest in a team will go because it's easier to get tickets than at United. They absolutely are fake. Of course they've got a core fanbase but Manchester is red (I hate to say it) and will be for a good few years yet.