You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

Does make me wonder what will happen when they inevitably win the Champions League?

Will the owners get bored, will they feel it's mission accomplished? Or will they keep spending to keep the domination going, especially in the face of the new threat from Newcastle?

Either way, they are and will continue to be ridiculously successful, no matter how empty it feels to us, for a long time yet!

Fucking boring though!

1 hour ago, Creator Supreme said:

Does make me wonder what will happen when they inevitably win the Champions League?

Will the owners get bored, will they feel it's mission accomplished? Or will they keep spending to keep the domination going, especially in the face of the new threat from Newcastle?

Either way, they are and will continue to be ridiculously successful, no matter how empty it feels to us, for a long time yet!

Fucking boring though!

Their investment with clubs across the sport all around the world suggests that while they clearly want to win, there's more to gain from their ownership than the desires of their royal family, like some middle Eastern jack walker. They're here for serious political gain to legitimise their abhorrently run state. I think they'll be around and continue to try and win until they feel that job is complete regardless of the boredom levels in the Emirates. 

Maybe the football Gods can’t prevent them boring their way through most competitions every year, but perhaps for this year they can grant us the greatest achievement, one that will never been emulated by those in cheat mode. 

Just need football to tighten the rules on dodgy book keeping and fake sponsors they also need to ban people owning clubs who order murder and dismemberment because its not very nice, being known as the butcher of somewhere should set off alarms and say sorry but that's not allowed, instead the only problems they had were copyright issues, it shows what greedy hollow fucking psychopaths have infected every level of power in every facet of society. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

I've made by peace with them not dropping a single point between now and the end of the season. 

Me too. 

Stick £50 on them to win their next game and then roll the winnings over to every game until the end of the season and you’ll have about £60 at the end of it all. 

It’ll buy you a pint to console yourself with the fact they are cheating bastards who won the lottery. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, TheBitch said:

Me too. 

Stick £50 on them to win their next game and then roll the winnings over to every game until the end of the season and you’ll have about £60 at the end of it all. 

It’ll buy you a pint to console yourself with the fact they are cheating bastards who won the lottery. 

Already done that, on the basis that I don’t win money off the bookies.

Only betting on League games though.
And it’s only £20 staked (currently stands at £25.60).

• Upvote 1

On 24/04/2022 at 08:43, Paulie Dangerously said:

I've made by peace with them not dropping a single point between now and the end of the season. 

My view is I'm just not thinking about them. Let's just get our job done and win every match we have remaining and see where it takes us on the last day. If they drop points before then, sound. If not, we have a fight on the last day. 

I’m of same mindset expect them to win every game and if they don’t then hopefully we’ll capitalise. If we don’t it’s still  been a great season with hopefully 1 or 2 more cups to add to the tally. 

Not putting myself though it like I did in 2019 hoping and praying they drop points and being depressed every time they won, it was torture. 

One thing I’d say is assuming their  Wolves game gets scheduled for week commencing 16/5 when we should play Southampton away then our next 3 fixtures ( possibly 4 if our game that week is before theirs) would be before theirs which could give us a slight advantage. 

Looking at the respective fixtures only places I could seem them dropping points would be :

Leeds A ( night game at Elland Rd and Leeds need the points to guarantee safety)

West Ham A ( provided they don’t make the Europa final, it would be their final home game)

Wolves A ( would be their final home game if scheduled for w/c 16/5)

Our fixtures are more difficult on paper

Newcastle A 12:30 ko following a champions league semi final 

Spurs H fancy us to win this 

Villa A & Southampton A either side of an fa cup final. 

if it goes to the last day City win it as they did in 2014/2019. 

Does any other club have a "singing section"

I keep seeing the blue mooners cryarsing about their shite atmosphere and saying they need a better singing section, they kept talking about it before the semi too, making sure they had a designated block at Wembley for the singers. 

What's this about? First I've heard of any club needing to force something like this, I always assumed it was an organic thing. 

IMG_20220425_221919.jpg

Carra was saying some interesting stuff on MNF last night. 

I wasn’t sure how on his use of the stats though when comparing the sides though. A lot of ones to say City had an edge were down based on games earlier in the season. 

Apparently City are better defensively based on our results v Brentford, Brighton, Chelsea, City etc but given we’ve kept 10 clean sheets in 14 games, I thought it was a strange conclusion. 

The main one stats which gave me hope was that City have only scored 0 or 1 in c.25% of their games this season. I’ve thought for a while that if they don’t get an early goal or batter sides, they struggle a bit. 

Carra never mentioned but they’ve also not won 3 games back to back in 2022. 

If we can win our games, it does feel there is an opportunity there for us.

• Upvote 1

On 19/04/2022 at 09:26, Carvalho Diablo said:

Looks like Haaland to City for £70m + 5 year deal at £500000 pw + bonuses + "agents fees".
Apparently Real Madrid backed out because it's too expensive for them.

City couldn't even sell all of their tickets for the FA Cup semi final, so how does this jive with FFP again ???

They probably got a official crisp packet sponsor for roughly £70m + 5 year deal at £500000 pw + bonuses + "agents fees". 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, aws said:

When we still had City away and the Mancs and the Shite to play, it looked like we had the harder run-in. But now I don't think there's anything in it.  

Newcastle & Spurs feel tougher games now then they did maybe or a couple of months back (certainly Newcastle).

Although you could say Leeds and Newcastle are also more challenging than a couple of months back.

City have won their last 2, I’m fully expecting Leeds to get a result on Saturday!