You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

It's been building for a while with them and the incident during the silence was the latest in their attempt to make themselves one thing: united. 

They're desperate to be United of the 00s. Universally hated, agro fueled rivallries with us arsenal and Chelsea. Players and managers passionately hating each other. Fans across the country being Anyone But United, cheering their every loss and conceded goal. 

They long for that kind of clout but they haven't got it because they're where they are because they were gifted a stadium and then unlimited funds. No one respects them, lets be honest here; no one even hates them that much. It's just a weary acceptance that they're a really good football side.  Even united want them to beat us, they're not arsed!

They're not even exciting to watch most of the time. Pass wide, pass wide, stretch play, cross, goal x 5 per game against the bottom 10 of the league. 

They're desperate to be taken seriously as fans and a club but they're one word: plastic. 

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

A breath of fresh air in a sea of sycophancy

Over a long period, Walsh has been as far up the arse of Guardiola and City as anyone. In his other piece in today’s Times, he praises Fernandinho for ‘covering a lot of ground, making tackles that were fouls and borderline fouls, … in an attempt to ignite his own team’. Otherwise known as…. running round, hacking opponents and miraculously avoiding multiple bookings.

4 hours ago, Arniepie said:

I'd not sure I Ever respected united to be honest. 

From Ferguson making stuff up about Liverpool and disrespecting our past and bullying referees,tue likes of Gary naville making stuff up about getting his car over turned and goading the away end.

And the less said about the rats that populate that section next to the end the better.

As far as I know guardiola has never really said anything bad about the club and clearly respects klopp.

Remember that little gobshite soljaskaar making loads of shitehouse jibes?

Yeah both sets of mancs are twats. Man U have always been more of a slick PR operation than a sporting one, they used a scalpel whole city wield a meat cleaver, but their fans are cut from the same cloth, despised on the road both home and abroad, only sing to insult and demean, get their only sense of joy from one upmanship rather than winning for the sheer joy of winning.

Fuck em both.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

It's been building for a while with them and the incident during the silence was the latest in their attempt to make themselves one thing: united. 

They're desperate to be United of the 00s. Universally hated, agro fueled rivallries with us arsenal and Chelsea. Players and managers passionately hating each other. Fans across the country being Anyone But United, cheering their every loss and conceded goal. 

They long for that kind of clout but they haven't got it because they're where they are because they were gifted a stadium and then unlimited funds. No one respects them, lets be honest here; no one even hates them that much. It's just a weary acceptance that they're a really good football side.  Even united want them to beat us, they're not arsed!

They're not even exciting to watch most of the time. Pass wide, pass wide, stretch play, cross, goal x 5 per game against the bottom 10 of the league. 

They're desperate to be taken seriously as fans and a club but they're one word: plastic. 

I think you give them too much credit Paulie, I don't think there's any thought at all behind their primal knuckledragging.

I think City fans are nothing more than labotomised S*n reading lemmings; slavish Brexiteers, thoughtless xenophobic little Englanders, entitled Mickey Carrolls, resentful, jealous, bitter, ultimately insecure and terrified that they'll never emulate us.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This is currently on Sky. If it's not tongue-in-cheek (unlikely) then it's deeply offensive. 'Meteoric rise' funded by a homphobic, mysogynistic, brutally repressive oil state. Get to fuck.

Drink It In: Rise of Man City

• 1303-Logo.svg?U2t5U3AgUEw=

Sun 17th Apr, 5:00pm

Manchester City's rise has been nothing short of meteoric; from an 8-1 humbling in 2008, to five-time Premier League winners. Follow the record breaking journey of the noisy neighbours.

• Upvote 3

On 16/04/2022 at 23:52, an tha said:

They had a whole block unsold and next 2 blocks to it were barely half full.

They put three big flags over the unsold seats

The 2nd tier in their end was pretty sparsely populated too.

The announced attendance was 73,000.

20220416-151717.jpg

I'm.not certain, but I think all of the 2nd tier is hospitality..I know I've say in there for hospitality in England matches, so it could just be seat owners who haven't turned up. 

22 hours ago, Grinch said:

I had a city fan tell me so what about the booing, your lot booed the national anthem.

Dear City fans,

Your national anthem is not GSTQ, it's 'Ishi Bilady' ( عيشي بلادي ). I am almost certain no Reds fans have ever heard it, never mind booed it!

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm.not certain, but I think all of the 2nd tier is hospitality..I know I've say in there for hospitality in England matches, so it could just be seat owners who haven't turned up. 

Middle deck is that Club Wembley shenanigans. They’re the reason all semi finals are held there, as it’s part of their package. 

17 minutes ago, Mcfaggen said:

Middle deck is that Club Wembley shenanigans. They’re the reason all semi finals are held there, as it’s part of their package. 

Yeah I thought that might be the case. When I've been we go to a restaurant near the half way line a couple of floors up (Wembley way side) and then had seats towards the corner and behind the goal. It's strange though our end of that seemed fuller than theirs, which is why I wasn't 100% certain if it was that club Wembley or if I'd had the hospitality through sponsorship or something.