You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

19 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Tbf I'm not sure how the club encourages them to break minutes silences..all their players and guardiola had black armbands bands on.

That's not excusing the fucking rats who sang through it.

In retrospect a 90 mins silence probally wasn't a great idea and it certainly won't be on Tuesday.

Did you forget the 'victims to it all' singing by the players on the flight back from Brighton in 2019 after winning the title? It was plastered all over the internet.

Just now, dockers_strike said:

Did you forget the 'victims to it air' singing by the players on the flight back from Brighton in 2019 after winning the title? It was plastered all over the internet.

Exactly. They're nothing but a classless shower of cunts from top to bottom, DeBruyne aside. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Did you forget the 'victims to it all' singing by the players on the flight back from Brighton in 2019 after winning the title? It was plastered all over the internet.

Forgot about that, absolute cunt of a club from the players to the fans. And the cunt owners. 

2 hours ago, Mcfaggen said:

The simple thing to deal with that shit by the FA/PL is a partial stadium closure. Close a stand behind the goal or the entire bottom deck for home supporters. 

They won’t of course, but it’s the solution sitting right in front of them. 

Tbf they can do that most weeks even if they aren’t being punished.

There was an angle of Konates goal that showed thousands of empty seats in their end. Its great to see, for all the trophies and pretty patterns haven't capitalised on bandwagon jumpers in the way Chelsea did. They will back be in the 2nd division within 20 years 

2 minutes ago, No2 said:

There was an angle of Konates goal that showed thousands of empty seats in their end. Its great to see, for all the trophies and pretty patterns haven't capitalised on bandwagon jumpers in the way Chelsea did. They will back be in the 2nd division within 20 years 

They had a whole block unsold and next 2 blocks to it were barely half full.

They put three big flags over the unsold seats

The 2nd tier in their end was pretty sparsely populated too.

The announced attendance was 73,000.

20220416-151717.jpg

6 hours ago, an tha said:

They had a whole block unsold and next 2 blocks to it were barely half full.

They put three big flags over the unsold seats

The 2nd tier in their end was pretty sparsely populated too.

The announced attendance was 73,000.

20220416-151717.jpg

To be fair to them getting to Wembley was tricky what with there being no trains available and hardly any buses being laid on ......Oh hang on 

Absolute fucking cunt of a club.

With our traditional rivals there's an intense dislike balanced with a degree of respect. I hate everything about City and have no respect for them at all.

As I told one of their mouthy fans yesterday they exist as a promotional tool for human rights abusers and that lack of morality has found its way into every fibre of the club.

Also a special mention to the little chubby Manc cunt in his 60s going out his way to barge into me and my mate to look for an excuse to start a fight. He was lucky we're the sort of lads who'd just laugh at him. I'm sure if he carried that on elsewhere he'll have got an absolute hiding.

• Upvote 1

Agree, Turkish. I always respected how good Alex Ferguson was and how good their players were; United are a huge club and deserve to be rivals. Gary Neville fucking hated us and us him, but it was clear he loved his club and would leave it all on the pitch for the team. It's clear now that he's a football man. You read the redcafe forum and whilst we are cunts, the majority respect the team and get that we are generally doing things the right way. With City, you just have to go on their forum to see the bile they spout about everyone. They're this guy.

R.jpg

I don't respect them, their fans, or their sports washing owners. Every single thing they've won since is unearned and paid for with the ill-gotten gains of Saudi owners. In short... fuck Man City. And Pep Guardiola should never have gone near them, the money-grabbing fucker should have known better. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Em City said:

Even on the telly, there seemed to be that extra bit of needle. Our crowd were febrile today, I could barely hear Mane in is his post match interview.

That was ace, wasn’t it?

1 hour ago, Turkish Delight said:

Absolute fucking cunt of a club.

With our traditional rivals there's an intense dislike balanced with a degree of respect. I hate everything about City and have no respect for them at all.

As I told one of their mouthy fans yesterday they exist as a promotional tool for human rights abusers and that lack of morality has found its way into every fibre of the club.

Also a special mention to the little chubby Manc cunt in his 60s going out his way to barge into me and my mate to look for an excuse to start a fight. He was lucky we're the sort of lads who'd just laugh at him. I'm sure if he carried that on elsewhere he'll have got an absolute hiding.

As much as Guardiola is a bit of a tit.

I think a lot of his persecution complex/general fear and narkiness about us stems from that he knows with the money spent etc. that no one should be able to touch City.

Deep down, I think he knows his achievements with them are essentially worthless and that it eats at him when he sees Klopp with less trophies for us than he's got for City but that we adore him and have that rapport with him. He has to know that what Klopp is achieving with us is actually way more impressive than what he is doing at City no matter how much the pundits kiss Guardiola's arse and talk about him like he's the greatest thing that football has ever seen.

City are an empty, plastic, sham of a club that is artificially inflated and would fold like a pack of cards if their owners decided to leave and they had to live on what they actually earn.

Newcastle will become the same in time, I really dread it, as I can already see a few people I know getting arrogant now. It will be even worse if/when the money starts to make a difference to them. Watching a seriously pinko lefty liberal mate who has started all kinds of contortions to try and not have issues with who their new owners are is seriously depressing. 

Personally, if we were owned by either of those sets of owners I'd be done. No way I'd be cheering some money laundering/sports washing bastards like those two have running them.

• Upvote 7

BT Sport’s jingoistic coverage of Atletico Madrid v Manchester City failed to explain game’s most controversial moment

David Walsh

, Chief Sport Writer

Sunday April 17 2022, 12.01am BST, The Sunday Times

BT Sport has been broadcasting the Champions League since 2015. By now it should be a grown-up in the business but that’s not how it felt on Wednesday evening after an epic encounter in Madrid. In BT’s breathless presentation of the story, victory went to the good guys (Manchester City) while the villains (Atletico Madrid) got what they deserved.

The commentary felt biased, the post-match analysis even more so. Instead of challenging the pundits, Jake Humphrey preferred to lead them to where he wanted to go. In their eagerness to condemn Atletico, Rio Ferdinand, Owen Hargreaves and to a lesser extent Joleon Lescott ignored all nuance. As I listened, that George Bernard Shaw line came to mind: “Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all others because you were born in it.”

You know something is wrong when the first objective assessment of the evening is delivered by one of the competing managers, in this case Pep Guardiola. “In the second half they were better than us. We were lucky we didn’t concede,” the City manager told BT’s interviewer Des Kelly. A little later Guardiola was more damning. “They were better in the second half and we forgot to play.”

Felipe crashed into Foden from behind in the first half, catching the back of the City player’s head

Thank goodness, I thought, someone is seeing this as a football game not a morality play. BT Sport subscribers can’t say they weren’t warned. As the teams walked on to the pitch at the start, the commentator, Darren Fletcher, set the scene: “The Champions League street-fighters [Atletico] who like nothing more than winding their opponents up, pushing them to breaking point, it’s all part of the challenge facing Manchester City tonight. Expect all the tricks of the trade over the duration and make no mistake about it, this is a tough assignment for Pep Guardiola and his players.”

From the opening minute to the 89th there was just one contentious incident. That came 12 minutes into the game when Felipe collided in mid-air with Phil Foden. The centre back got higher than Foden, not to win the ball but to crash into the City player from behind. His right shoulder caught the back of Foden’s head.

It was cynical and violent, and if contact with the head was taken seriously in football, Felipe would have been sent off. Instead he wasn’t even cautioned and City’s medical personnel didn’t consider removing Foden for a head-injury assessment. Seventy-nine minutes passed before Felipe made a strong sliding tackle on Foden and then couldn’t resist the temptation to kick his opponent with his non-tackling left foot.

As Felipe walked away there was the hint of satisfaction on his face, the stupidity of what he’d just done completely lost on him. Foden rolled over twice and then remembered he was off the pitch and took another three rolls to get back inside the white line. That ensured the game would be stopped as he received treatment.

When the two players came together late in the game, it sparked unsavoury scenes

Had Neymar delivered that stunt, it would have been held up as an example of all that is wrong with modern football. Foden, though, is one of ours and no one in the BT commentary team or later in the studio saw anything wrong. Unlike Stefan Savic, who saw it like we see Neymar’s theatrics and pulled Foden off the pitch. After that, all hell broke loose.

City players rushed to Foden’s defence, Atletico players ran to support their player. The referee stood to one side, the commentators tut-tutted. “Stefan Savic is out of control, Glenn,” Fletcher said to his summariser, Glenn Hoddle. “Yeah, totally out of control. Out of order, he really is,” agreed Hoddle. No one expected the commentators to excuse Savic’s manhandling of Foden but they might have explained his seemingly insane moment.

His team were on top but running out of time while Foden was deliberately time-wasting.

In the studio Ferdinand talked about Atletico’s distasteful and embarrassing behaviour before saying he couldn’t believe that at the end City’s players didn’t go to the Atletico bench, celebrate in their faces and “give it to them”. That would have been more distasteful than anything that happened on the pitch and, of course, City’s players were never going to do it.

Savic’s pulling of Jack Grealish’s hair was truly embarrassing but, again, context would have been helpful. The hair-tug happened as City’s peacemaker John Stones was having what seemed a calming conversation with Savic. Into their little tête-à-tête, Grealish walked to tell Savic that he was a “c***”. Savic once played at City, so he will have understood the insult.

“What Jack said there, we can’t say what it is on air, [but] I’m telling you it gets said by most players on the pitch at some point,” Ferdinand said, as if calling an opponent the c-word meant nothing. In Manchester City’s three biggest games of the season — Atletico, Liverpool, Atletico— Grealish has played a total of 29 minutes. Better for him to convince Guardiola that he deserves more opportunities in the biggest games than to be winding up a player who for 89 minutes performed excellently on Wednesday evening.

Here’s the thing, in the rush to condemn the “out of control” Spanish club, the commentators and pundits offered no insight into why Manchester City were so bad in the second half. Lingering tiredness from the Liverpool game three days before was surely a big factor, compounded by the injuries to Kevin De Bruyne and Kyle Walker. So good in so many games this season, Bernardo Silva was anonymous and Foden wasn’t himself.

As for badass Diego Simeone and his team, belligerence is part of their DNA. They see themselves as the much put-upon underdog and it suits them to turn games against bigger clubs into grudges. They’re different and I kind of agree with an assessment by the late Michael Robinson, who played for a number of English clubs, including City and Liverpool, before moving to Osasuna and then a career in Spanish football journalism. “They’re a bit like the dog with fleas, you know? You can’t help but love them,” he said.

Atletico’s chip-on-the-shoulder attitude means they won’t appreciate and certainly won’t acknowledge that City’s time-wasting at the end was doing to them what they have done to others. They’re unlikely to learn much from the night but I hope BT Sport does.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Razoray said:

BT Sport’s jingoistic coverage of Atletico Madrid v Manchester City failed to explain game’s most controversial moment

David Walsh

, Chief Sport Writer

Sunday April 17 2022, 12.01am BST, The Sunday Times

BT Sport has been broadcasting the Champions League since 2015. By now it should be a grown-up in the business but that’s not how it felt on Wednesday evening after an epic encounter in Madrid. In BT’s breathless presentation of the story, victory went to the good guys (Manchester City) while the villains (Atletico Madrid) got what they deserved.

The commentary felt biased, the post-match analysis even more so. Instead of challenging the pundits, Jake Humphrey preferred to lead them to where he wanted to go. In their eagerness to condemn Atletico, Rio Ferdinand, Owen Hargreaves and to a lesser extent Joleon Lescott ignored all nuance. As I listened, that George Bernard Shaw line came to mind: “Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all others because you were born in it.”

You know something is wrong when the first objective assessment of the evening is delivered by one of the competing managers, in this case Pep Guardiola. “In the second half they were better than us. We were lucky we didn’t concede,” the City manager told BT’s interviewer Des Kelly. A little later Guardiola was more damning. “They were better in the second half and we forgot to play.”

Felipe crashed into Foden from behind in the first half, catching the back of the City player’s head

Thank goodness, I thought, someone is seeing this as a football game not a morality play. BT Sport subscribers can’t say they weren’t warned. As the teams walked on to the pitch at the start, the commentator, Darren Fletcher, set the scene: “The Champions League street-fighters [Atletico] who like nothing more than winding their opponents up, pushing them to breaking point, it’s all part of the challenge facing Manchester City tonight. Expect all the tricks of the trade over the duration and make no mistake about it, this is a tough assignment for Pep Guardiola and his players.”

From the opening minute to the 89th there was just one contentious incident. That came 12 minutes into the game when Felipe collided in mid-air with Phil Foden. The centre back got higher than Foden, not to win the ball but to crash into the City player from behind. His right shoulder caught the back of Foden’s head.

It was cynical and violent, and if contact with the head was taken seriously in football, Felipe would have been sent off. Instead he wasn’t even cautioned and City’s medical personnel didn’t consider removing Foden for a head-injury assessment. Seventy-nine minutes passed before Felipe made a strong sliding tackle on Foden and then couldn’t resist the temptation to kick his opponent with his non-tackling left foot.

As Felipe walked away there was the hint of satisfaction on his face, the stupidity of what he’d just done completely lost on him. Foden rolled over twice and then remembered he was off the pitch and took another three rolls to get back inside the white line. That ensured the game would be stopped as he received treatment.

When the two players came together late in the game, it sparked unsavoury scenes

Had Neymar delivered that stunt, it would have been held up as an example of all that is wrong with modern football. Foden, though, is one of ours and no one in the BT commentary team or later in the studio saw anything wrong. Unlike Stefan Savic, who saw it like we see Neymar’s theatrics and pulled Foden off the pitch. After that, all hell broke loose.

City players rushed to Foden’s defence, Atletico players ran to support their player. The referee stood to one side, the commentators tut-tutted. “Stefan Savic is out of control, Glenn,” Fletcher said to his summariser, Glenn Hoddle. “Yeah, totally out of control. Out of order, he really is,” agreed Hoddle. No one expected the commentators to excuse Savic’s manhandling of Foden but they might have explained his seemingly insane moment.

His team were on top but running out of time while Foden was deliberately time-wasting.

In the studio Ferdinand talked about Atletico’s distasteful and embarrassing behaviour before saying he couldn’t believe that at the end City’s players didn’t go to the Atletico bench, celebrate in their faces and “give it to them”. That would have been more distasteful than anything that happened on the pitch and, of course, City’s players were never going to do it.

Savic’s pulling of Jack Grealish’s hair was truly embarrassing but, again, context would have been helpful. The hair-tug happened as City’s peacemaker John Stones was having what seemed a calming conversation with Savic. Into their little tête-à-tête, Grealish walked to tell Savic that he was a “c***”. Savic once played at City, so he will have understood the insult.

“What Jack said there, we can’t say what it is on air, [but] I’m telling you it gets said by most players on the pitch at some point,” Ferdinand said, as if calling an opponent the c-word meant nothing. In Manchester City’s three biggest games of the season — Atletico, Liverpool, Atletico— Grealish has played a total of 29 minutes. Better for him to convince Guardiola that he deserves more opportunities in the biggest games than to be winding up a player who for 89 minutes performed excellently on Wednesday evening.

Here’s the thing, in the rush to condemn the “out of control” Spanish club, the commentators and pundits offered no insight into why Manchester City were so bad in the second half. Lingering tiredness from the Liverpool game three days before was surely a big factor, compounded by the injuries to Kevin De Bruyne and Kyle Walker. So good in so many games this season, Bernardo Silva was anonymous and Foden wasn’t himself.

As for badass Diego Simeone and his team, belligerence is part of their DNA. They see themselves as the much put-upon underdog and it suits them to turn games against bigger clubs into grudges. They’re different and I kind of agree with an assessment by the late Michael Robinson, who played for a number of English clubs, including City and Liverpool, before moving to Osasuna and then a career in Spanish football journalism. “They’re a bit like the dog with fleas, you know? You can’t help but love them,” he said.

Atletico’s chip-on-the-shoulder attitude means they won’t appreciate and certainly won’t acknowledge that City’s time-wasting at the end was doing to them what they have done to others. They’re unlikely to learn much from the night but I hope BT Sport does.

A breath of fresh air in a sea of sycophancy

I'd not sure I Ever respected united to be honest. 

From Ferguson making stuff up about Liverpool and disrespecting our past and bullying referees,tue likes of Gary naville making stuff up about getting his car over turned and goading the away end.

And the less said about the rats that populate that section next to the end the better.

As far as I know guardiola has never really said anything bad about the club and clearly respects klopp.

Remember that little gobshite soljaskaar making loads of shitehouse jibes?

• Upvote 5

City are a a weird one.

I went to maine Rd and the ethiad a few times and whilst it was never particularly cordial,it was never as poisonous as utd or Everton

You never used to hear that murderers shite and ironically it was our own little scale who would be coming out with.some of those charming Shipman ditties.

Clearly the rivalry has changed this over the last few years and me mate ,who does all the aways tells me it's quite bad now.

Yesterday was a new low however, I was listening to it on the radio and you never even heard a moments silence

So it was great to see them get their just deserts.