You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

37 minutes ago, Pete said:

I wonder how pre Sheik City fans feel about all that's going on at their club.  

One I spoke to hated it, said it was great at first but after the first title gave him the best day of his life everything afterwards felt hollow. 

He said the excitement has gone from the game, winning the match is just what's expected so the thrill has gone. Even though they were shit he missed the days of Maine Road and said other than winning the Prem the first time all of his other best memories were winning promotion or dodging relegation on the last day of the season. 

I felt bad for him, but he also went on the occasional rant about all the new foreign tourists in the ground ruining the atmosphere when it used to be a local club for local people which I found quite funny.

48 minutes ago, Pete said:

I wonder how pre Sheik City fans feel about all that's going on at their club.  

My mate who has been a city fan since we were kids is delighted. He gets cup final tickets no problem, can get tickets for league games easily without being an STH and says he see some of the best players in the world turn out for his club. Oh, and he's seen them win the title a few times since the glory days or Mercer and Allison.

If he wasnt a good mate, Id ask him why he didnt bother going to any games when city were shit, broke and fell into the 3rd Division never mind go to the Gillingham play off final.

19 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

My mate who has been a city fan since we were kids is delighted. He gets cup final tickets no problem, can get tickets for league games easily without being an STH and says he see some of the best players in the world turn out for his club. Oh, and he's seen them win the title a few times since the glory days or Mercer and Allison.

If he wasnt a good mate, Id ask him why he didnt bother going to any games when city were shit, broke and fell into the 3rd Division never mind go to the Gillingham play off final.

Probably wouldn't have got tickets. They used to fill the ground back then.

Interesting to see both opinions of City fans on display.  If I were a City fan  I think i'd be opinion A. There's only so many times you can go to a game and watch the opponensts  capitulate in front of you. Sure it's nice winning trophies but just steam rollering your way to them must eventually get tiresome. 

3 hours ago, Pete said:

Interesting to see both opinions of City fans on display.  If I were a City fan  I think i'd be opinion A. There's only so many times you can go to a game and watch the opponensts  capitulate in front of you. Sure it's nice winning trophies but just steam rollering your way to them must eventually get tiresome. 

Like completing your first season on fifa on easy mode. After winning everything the game just gets lashed. 

• Upvote 1

Say a prayer for the kids from Manchester. In all seriousness though jow are these guys not close contacts if 14 coaches are infected?

Manchester City: Steffen, Walker, Dias, Ake, Joao Cancelo, De Bruyne, Rodri, Gundogan, Bernardo Silva, Gabriel Jesus, Palmer.

Subs: Laporte, Carson, Kayky, Egan-Riley, Mbete-Tabu, Slicker, McAtee, Lavia, Bobb

22 minutes ago, No2 said:

Say a prayer for the kids from Manchester. In all seriousness though jow are these guys not close contacts if 14 coaches are infected?

Manchester City: Steffen, Walker, Dias, Ake, Joao Cancelo, De Bruyne, Rodri, Gundogan, Bernardo Silva, Gabriel Jesus, Palmer.

Subs: Laporte, Carson, Kayky, Egan-Riley, Mbete-Tabu, Slicker, McAtee, Lavia, Bobb

21 cases of COVID19…

Although some of the people with COVID19 are Ethel, Doris & Mavis, the former tea ladies at Maine Road, who died in 1997 but still get paid £50m a year in consultancy fees.