You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

1 hour ago, m0e said:

It's the same knob heads who said:

- we've been "found out" after 6 'home' losses with no fit centre backs or fans in March

- Thiago is a fraud in April

- We still won't make top 4 in May

- we need to buy 2 attackers and 2 midfielders in June

- FSG are cunts (again) in July

- we'd be lucky to make top 4 in August

- they still couldn't believe we didn't replace Wijnaldum in September

- there is no point in playing Origi in October

- we're not going to catch Chelsea in November

They get off on it. Leave them be.

To be fair mate, fsg are always cunts. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Section_31 said:

All spot on, but you've got to be at your best all year and be lucky with injuries because they can just outspend you at every turn to replace injuries or shite signings.

If they lose the league they'll just spend more again until they win again. It's fucking tedious is what it is that this is basically going to be English football for the foreseeable. 

As I say too, it's the souless monotony of it that's so striking. They're not building a dynasty or playing in great matches that will stand the test of time, they're just outspending everyone, dismantling opposition teams and winning only to cement their spot in a PR operation. 

When you think of some of the clubs that have gone before at the top table, grounds swelled with song and scarf, classy managers and players, glorious matches that will be spoken about for decades, the Barcelonas, the Milans, the Ajaxs, and yes, us.

Now, what more could illustrate a broken game than a tinpot club that couldn't comjour up a legends team to save their lives, with a half empty ground and a smattering of half wits in the corner singing 'you're shit and you know you are' to the opposition goalie, funded by a vile regime for public relations purposes, with a trail of brazenly broken rules behind it.

* Adopts Russel Crowe voice.

There once was a dream that was football. This is not it. This-is-not-it!

Of course they can come back stronger with their money and it's easier because like him or not, guardiola is clearly a very good manager. But at this moment in time, we have a great team, with some good to not so good backups. But then I look at lots of their team and shrug my shoulder because many of them.would barely get a kick here.

So absolutely over the long term, their willingness to spend gives them a better chance than us, but right here and now we're fighting with them neck and neck and have all season having got through a much tougher CL group. 3 points at Christmas is just absolutely fuck all to pull back. I can't believe the defeatism when they've rolled over a depleted Leicester team (who we knocked out the league cup despite resting all our best players) on A day we've had a match postponed, so literally couldn't put points on the board. If we'd have played Leeds, we'd have smashed them. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, KevieG said:

These cunts will make 8 changes for the next game and it won't make a bit of a difference to the team. 

The Christmas/New Year actually suits them as everyone else runs themselves to fumes and they can just play away as normal. 

It's the way they always get piss easy draws in cup competitions. The year they won it the only top flight opposition they played was Brighton and Watford. 

They can rest all their players until the semi finals and still twat everyone.

This years league Cup is already more interesting after they got knocked out.

4 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Of course they can come back stronger with their money and it's easier because like him or not, guardiola is clearly a very good manager. But at this moment in time, we have a great team, with some good to not so good backups. But then I look at lots of their team and shrug my shoulder because many of them.would barely get a kick here.

So absolutely over the long term, their willingness to spend gives them a better chance than us, but right here and now we're fighting with them neck and neck and have all season having got through a much tougher CL group. 3 points at Christmas is just absolutely fuck all to pull back. I can't believe the defeatism when they've rolled over a depleted Leicester team (who we knocked out the league cup despite resting all our best players) on A day we've had a match postponed, so literally couldn't put points on the board. If we'd have played Leeds, we'd have smashed them. 

We need to start hitting 100 points per season form from here in, of course its possible but Ferguson or Wenger never reached that level, its a gigantic ask. Imagine us having 2 Salah's and 2 Manè's and rotating them every week, that's what we're up against. Shit house cunts.

18 hours ago, Baltar said:

I'm afraid it's looking like these cheating tossers will piss the league again. It's almost impossible to compete with a club like this. Frankly it was a miracle we ever beat them to the title a few seasons ago. Nothing special about them, just lottery winners and financially doped to fuck. Newcastle will be the next rich cunts to compete with. 

I try to maintain a positive outlook on things and mostly succeed, but there are moments when you have to suppress a bubble of anger/despair at how Liverpool are like a cartoon boxer taking on someone who clearly has a horseshoe in their gloves. What makes it worse is how Liverpool's peers, whether it be in the form of other clubs or their supporters, would prefer the cheat won rather than contemplate the possibility that another club might just be doing something right that they are doing wrong - and that's a charitable take on the matter, there are far more rancid reasons why so many of them would rather Man City pipped Liverpool to the post.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

20 hours ago, No2 said:

We need to start hitting 100 points per season form from here in, of course its possible but Ferguson or Wenger never reached that level, its a gigantic ask. Imagine us having 2 Salah's and 2 Manè's and rotating them every week, that's what we're up against. Shit house cunts.

We will have to hit that pace, but that's not news. But we've done that before and without Jota when Bobby went all season without scoring at home. 

And city don't have 1 Salah, let alone 2. They don't have 1 player I'd put in our front 3. They have quite a few who'd get games before any of our number 8s. And I'd pick our entire back 6 before any of theirs. So well done them for having 60m players down to number 25 in the squad. But their 1st XI is behind ours. That's our advantage and we carry our squad in a different way because the first XI are so good. 

Oh and we have Anfield. They have that morgue over there. 

• Upvote 1

Our best backup XI

Kelleher

Milner Konate Gomez Tsimikas 

Keita Jones Ox

Elliot Origi Firmino 

Their best backup XI

Steffen

Mendy? Stones Aki Zinchenko 

Palmer? Fernandinho Gundogan 

Edozie? Jesus Grealish

They have quality backup in Grealish, Stones and Gundogan but are the rest any better than our subs? This line that they have a 2nd eleven that would win the league is a myth. 2 of the players above have 4 games between them, one is 36 and another will probably never play again in the PL. They will buy again and try to improve what they have but their squad depth is worse than it was 4 years ago when they had something like:

Bravo

Danilo Stones Otamendi Delph

Gundogan Toure Zinchenko 

B.Silva Jesus Foden

Fuck Man City

7 hours ago, Razoray said:

Our best backup XI

Kelleher

Milner Konate Gomez Tsimikas 

Keita Jones Ox

Elliot Origi Firmino 

Their best backup XI

Steffen

Mendy? Stones Aki Zinchenko 

Palmer? Fernandinho Gundogan 

Edozie? Jesus Grealish

They have quality backup in Grealish, Stones and Gundogan but are the rest any better than our subs? This line that they have a 2nd eleven that would win the league is a myth. 2 of the players above have 4 games between them, one is 36 and another will probably never play again in the PL. They will buy again and try to improve what they have but their squad depth is worse than it was 4 years ago when they had something like:

Bravo

Danilo Stones Otamendi Delph

Gundogan Toure Zinchenko 

B.Silva Jesus Foden

Fuck Man City

Signing Purple Aki is out of the box. 

• Upvote 3

Isnt Torres missing from the above 2nd 11. 

Id say player for player their back up strikers are better than ours. Gundogan is also better than all of our back up midfielders too. I do take the point though. I would suggest this 2nd 11 is likely to see a bit of improvement of the next 12 months though.

The difference between the 2 teams/squads is exaggerated though. Gutting that we went into the game against them without Trent and Thiago.

Just now, John102 said:

Isnt Torres missing from the above 2nd 11. 

Id say player for player their back up strikers are better than ours. Gundogan is also better than all of our back up midfielders too. I do take the point though. I would suggest this 2nd 11 is likely to see a bit of improvement of the next 12 months though.

The difference between the 2 teams/squads is exaggerated though. Gutting that we went into the game against them without Trent and Thiago.

Torres has joined Barcelona hasn't he? 

1 hour ago, Halcyon Days said:

Hopefully they’ll buy someone who disrupts the apple cart.

I'm convinced they're going to buy sir Harold of kane next month. Conte refused the job in the summer so maybe the promise of 150 million for kane to reinvest changed his mind. Van Dijk played OK for saints after his move broke down and then,bang, 1st day of the window he's at ours. If that slobbering cunt goes there, they'll be very hard to stop

47 minutes ago, niallers said:

I'm convinced they're going to buy sir Harold of kane next month. Conte refused the job in the summer so maybe the promise of 150 million for kane to reinvest changed his mind. Van Dijk played OK for saints after his move broke down and then,bang, 1st day of the window he's at ours. If that slobbering cunt goes there, they'll be very hard to stop

Yeah, if they bring in a too forward in January it makes the challenge harder. You would expect someone like Kane would be able to start scoring right away with them. 

They could afford to buy Kane for a hundred mil, for him to be shit, and just put him on the bench so they can buy someone else. That's the issue. 

It's funny that everyone slags us off because we're the only thing that's kept English footy interesting for the last five years. Take Klopp out of the equation and you're basically left with city battering everyone five-nil, week in and week out forever. You'd suspect that could get boring at some stage.

• Upvote 8

Four titles in five years when they win it this season and eight in total. On a bit of a downer after that result but honestly think they'll pass us in my lifetime with the way the odds are stacked.

The cynic in me wonders whether the Premier League only allowed the Saudis in as they recognised the damage a one team league would do to their brand. Our challenging them just doesn't look sustainable over time.