You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

6 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

The club is investigating this and it wont be the 'accusers' who prove it. Our club will do it. Tits on social media 'trending' or whatever doesnt disguise this disgusting action. Id like to see your reaction if someone gobbed on or at you, I bet you wouldnt describe your re-action as hysterical and child like.

We need to stop making excuses to cover for complete twats who repeatedly damage the reputation of this club instead of going on about oppo managers and players reactions.

I agree. I hope a 'friend and family' member wasnt using a genuine fan's ticket if the perp is banged to rights.

Read my first line. But before I condemn any liverpool fan as a 'twat' or 'disgusting' I will wait to see the evidence of the alleged act. If any cunt spat  on me I'd break their face, or get battered trying. Yet I wouldn't act unless i was completely sure i was attacking the right person and knew they had deliberately aimed their saliva at me.

City have presented an image of the person they accuse but not an image of the person actually spitting. Unless they have completely reliable witnesses - and plenty of them - then they have a picture of a fan at a football match.

As or dismissing social media, i think we can see the damage lies and unfounded accusations can do to the reputation of not just football fans but a city. For The Shitrag substitute Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. The defamation of Liverpool and its people has been caused by lies in the past and I'll always give the benefit of the doubt to the fans ..... unless the case is proven against them/her. 

• Upvote 2

I really don’t get what it is that Crooks brings to the table when it comes to punditry?

He’s disappeared from the screen on MOTD pretty much, and occasionally is on the BBC results and scores show, where he’s just mundane and obvious.

There’s his Team of the Week spot on the website which features the players who have played well in a particular weekend, (well, that takes a lot of thought doesn’t it!).
He was a bang average striker in a bang average Spurs team that was the epitome of “Spursy”.

Yet he comments on our club like he’s some kind of “expert”, with that condescending, fake gravitas in his voice to try and convince everyone he’s relevant.

6 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

I really don’t get what it is that Crooks brings to the table when it comes to punditry?

He’s disappeared from the screen on MOTD pretty much, and occasionally is on the BBC results and scores show, where he’s just mundane and obvious.

There’s his Team of the Week spot on the website which features the players who have played well in a particular weekend, (well, that takes a lot of thought doesn’t it!).
He was a bang average striker in a bang average Spurs team that was the epitome of “Spursy”.

Yet he comments on our club like he’s some kind of “expert”, with that condescending, fake gravitas in his voice to try and convince everyone he’s relevant.

He really is an absolute fucking tit. He was one of a few, if the only black pundit on TV when he started out but never has anything of substance to say and just comes out with bizarre statements to keep himself relevant. 

I can remember when Ron Atkinson got fucked off for his racist commentary and he said that Atkinson should personally apologise to every black person in Africa. Even though the player he was being racist about was French. 

• Upvote 1

Regarding the alleged spitting at City’s bench.

That there’s been an accusation requires any supporters who saw the alleged incident to speak up, because we can’t allow idiots to continue to tarnish the clubs name. 
The work that Klopp and his back room team and the players do to promote the club, the work that the various fans bodies do to promote the club, the support that the great majority of fans give to the club, all get quickly overtaken by the actions of a few idiots and it takes a long time for those actions to be negated by good actions.

It’s easy to say “why should we care what City/Everton/United think” but I suspect we all think “not again” when these incidents happen.

Unfortunately, I can’t believe that an allegation of this nature would be made falsely.

If it’s proven that there was no incident however, then the club should push for the harshest penalty possible to be levelled at whoever claimed it happened in the first place.

• Upvote 1

Liverpool consider lifetime ban as spitting probe continues after City complaint

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-consider-lifetime-ban-spitting-21762077#ICID=Android_LFCEchoNewsApp_AppShare

Interesting the echo again finish this article with reference to the increased distance from dugout to fans. 

2 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

He really is an absolute fucking tit. He was one of a few, if the only black pundit on TV when he started out but never has anything of substance to say and just comes out with bizarre statements to keep himself relevant. 

I can remember when Ron Atkinson got fucked off for his racist commentary and he said that Atkinson should personally apologise to every black person in Africa. Even though the player he was being racist about was French. 

The BBC loved Crooks so much they gave him a gig on a mainstream politics show, where he went on to show he is a vapid, cretinous knob.

2 hours ago, coachpotato said:

Regarding the alleged spitting at City’s bench.

That there’s been an accusation requires any supporters who saw the alleged incident to speak up, because we can’t allow idiots to continue to tarnish the clubs name. 
The work that Klopp and his back room team and the players do to promote the club, the work that the various fans bodies do to promote the club, the support that the great majority of fans give to the club, all get quickly overtaken by the actions of a few idiots and it takes a long time for those actions to be negated by good actions.

It’s easy to say “why should we care what City/Everton/United think” but I suspect we all think “not again” when these incidents happen.

Unfortunately, I can’t believe that an allegation of this nature would be made falsely.

If it’s proven that there was no incident however, then the club should push for the harshest penalty possible to be levelled at whoever claimed it happened in the first place.

I can think of 2

The alan Smith ambulance and the holgate racism shout.

There was also the lad against Burnley was it?when there was a big racism shout which turned out to be bollocks.

If someone has done it they are going to be barred but I certainly wouldmt be jumping the gun.

Manchester City manager Josep Guardiola appears among a list of some of the world's most affluent and powerful people whose assets and financial dealings have been exposed in leaked offshore data known as the Pandora papers. According to Spanish daily, El País, the former Barcelonaplayer and coach did not declare the income he earned during the two seasons he spent as a played at Al-Ahli in Qatar to Spanish tax authorities when he returned to take up the Barça coaching post. Other celebrities who feature in the list include ShakiraGerard Piqué's partner.

El País add that Guardiola also held a current bank account in Andorra until 2012. It was in that account where he deposited the wages he earned in the Qatar Stars League. It is alleged that he chose that moment to close his account to take advantage of the temporary fiscal amnesty introduced at the start of that year by then Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy, which allowed tax evaders to regularize their situation by paying 10% on any hidden income with no questions asked.

When Guardiola took advantage of the tax amnesty, El País reports, he regularized €500,000, paying a levy of 10% on the interest which those funds had generated over the previous four years, the maximum number of years for tax inspections in Spain.

Guardiola's links to company listed in Panama

Elsewhere in their investigations, El Paísreveal that the Manchester City manager's name also appears as a representative for a phantom, offshore company listed in Panama, called Repox Investments - through a document from law firm Alcogal(Alemán, Cordero, Galindo & Lee).

The existence of the company, El País add, was not related in any way to FC Barcelona or any business interests which Guardiola may have had in Panama. It was set up solely to hide the identity of the account holder at Banca Privada d'Andorra (BPA) where Guardiola's wages were paid into.

Source AS.com

1 hour ago, Arniepie said:

I can think of 2

There was also the lad against Burnley was it?when there was a big racism shout which turned out to be bollocks.

If someone has done it they are going to be barred but I certainly wouldmt be jumping the gun.

Quite right. The third case you mention was actually a case of a misheard shout of "you Manc bastard!" to an Oldham player. Lots of early judgements were made but the truth was heard and accepted. Now we'll wait and see.

The Smith and ambulance 'allegation' wasnt made by Smith. That alleged incident was made up on social media. Smith always maintains the incident didnt happen.

That's the point. Similarly with the Holgaye allegation, that was made and investigated. It wasnt made on social media though like the Smith one, was constantly repeated on the same.

It's not social media making the gobbing allegation, it's the city coaching staff who got gobbed at.

Liverpool have collected "substantial evidence" after Manchester City made a complaint alleging a home fan spat at their backroom staff in the first half of the 2-2 draw at Anfield on Sunday.

Liverpool are conducting a full investigation into the incident.

In a statement the club said witnesses had been interviewed while CCTV and video footage was being analysed.

"The evidence collected to date is substantial," Liverpool said.

"If requested to do so, [the evidence] will be handed to Merseyside Police given the potential for criminal charges."

It is understood any Liverpool fan found to have spat at Manchester City staff would face a possible lifetime ban from Anfield.

Liverpool added in the statement: "Anfield is our home and we will ensure it is a safe, enjoyable environment for everyone attending and will not allow unacceptable isolated behaviour to impact on our club's values and principles."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58796786

7 hours ago, Arniepie said:

I can think of 2

I think you’re missing my point.

This allegation has been made official by a complaint from Manchester City FC, whereas the Smith Ambulance incident was, at best, hearsay.

The Holgate one was investigated and there was “insufficient evidence” to prove he was, or wasn’t racially abused by Firmino.

That doesn’t mean it did happen, but also doesn’t mean it didn’t.

As has been pointed out, there are camera’s everywhere in grounds these days and to believe an allegation such as City’s could be made, with no basis for truth, would be them risking a severe backlash to the name they’re trying to create for themselves as “ good guys”, even though they only got away with the FFP charges on a technicality.

2 hours ago, coachpotato said:

I think you’re missing my point.

This allegation has been made official by a complaint from Manchester City FC, whereas the Smith Ambulance incident was, at best, hearsay.

The Holgate one was investigated and there was “insufficient evidence” to prove he was, or wasn’t racially abused by Firmino.

That doesn’t mean it did happen, but also doesn’t mean it didn’t.

As has been pointed out, there are camera’s everywhere in grounds these days and to believe an allegation such as City’s could be made, with no basis for truth, would be them risking a severe backlash to the name they’re trying to create for themselves as “ good guys”, even though they only got away with the FFP charges on a technicality.

I'm just saying sometimes the allegation is enough,  thanks to social media the damage has been.done and the truth doesmt really matter.

We of anyone should know that.

Anyway there are cameras everywhere nowadays so if it is true,the person responsible, if its been done,will be caught.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, coachpotato said:

“Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola suggested in his post-match interview that he wasn't surprised by the referee's decision, after all it was Anfield. It's true and it used to happen in my day and it's time it stopped.” Garth Crooks. 

Another unbiased, no agenda based BBC pundit.

Can anybody find the video from a few years when Kane was offside, dived for a penalty, and Jon Moss talking to his linesman giving the decision, and post it to that clueless fucker?

Sir Harry of Kane supercedes Anfield prowess.

Made up that Manc tory cunt is a washed up has-been. I always remember Oasis winning an award at the Brits and Michael hutchence presented the award to them and that prick Noal made a cunt out of him by saying has-beens shouldn't be giving awards to gonna-be's

Hated the cunts ever since. 

52 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Made up that Manc tory cunt is a washed up has-been. I always remember Oasis winning an award at the Brits and Michael hutchence presented the award to them and that prick Noal made a cunt out of him by saying has-beens shouldn't be giving awards to gonna-be's

Hated the cunts ever since. 

I was going to reference that in my post above, I thought at the time it was a shitty thing to do on stage. Maybe someone should do it to him these days.

3 hours ago, Lario said:

Can anybody find the video from a few years when Kane was offside, dived for a penalty, and Jon Moss talking to his linesman giving the decision, and post it to that clueless fucker?

Sir Harry of Kane supercedes Anfield prowess.

A referee being influenced by the Anfield crowd.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/11237166/what-referee-jon-moss-said-to-assistant-ed-smart-for-controversial-tottenham-penalty-against-liverpool

I think I’m right in saying that there’s been studies done regarding home advantage with and without supporters, as in during the lockdown periods, and they showed there was home advantage when crowds were there for all teams. 
So perhaps someone should ask Crooks whether he actually meant ALL home advantage should end or if it’s just Anfield. 
Be nice for some clarification from the impartial BBC.