You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

13 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

They have, and continue to, cut the prices and still they fail to draw a crowd.

The problem is their fan base who are interested in going to games is actually minuscule and perhaps it’s the converse of your argument in that a lot of those fans have never had going to a game as central to fandom and there’s no reason to change that as they have premade excuses ready for them.

There isn’t the general interest crowd who wants to see them beat Norwich 8-0 as it’s fucking boring, and their clinical success is their worst enemy as it’s fucking dull.

Exactly, even when they win there is no excitement. 

Their success is soulless which is why they're struggling to attract new fans, and I actually respect those supporters (of which I know one or two) who walked away after they sold out.  Supporters in the main want to feel that success is earned and that their support has contributed to it. I can understand City's owners not being able to get their head round this, where football is concerned they know the cost of everything and the value of nothing, but Guardiola should have a better understanding of the situation.  Has he become so spoilt that he has lost sight of it?  Or is he spoiling for a fight?

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Bernard Diomede said:

Looks like he’s done it for them. 

34D20286-CD98-44E0-8790-C79A7179AED7.png

To be honest I believe him. He's obviously tired of managing huge names like Barcelona & Bayern Munich where he always has access to the best players and wanted a real challenge with a team of plucky underdogs. This makes his success with citeh all the more impressive in my eyes as it must be hard managing a team with all the restrictions this entails. I'm sure he'll prove this when he makes his next move by going to another less glamorous destination.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Moo said:

Exactly, even when they win there is no excitement. 

Their success is soulless which is why they're struggling to attract new fans, and I actually respect those supporters (of which I know one or two) who walked away after they sold out.  Supporters in the main want to feel that success is earned and that their support has contributed to it. I can understand City's owners not being able to get their head round this, where football is concerned they know the cost of everything and the value of nothing, but Guardiola should have a better understanding of the situation.  Has he become so spoilt that he has lost sight of it?  Or is he spoiling for a fight?

For me it's dead easy. We know he's looked enviously over at the influence our stadium has on the team. But he's never been arsed because he thinks a combination of city outspending everyone and him being so clever could trump that. But while we all get our fans back, while klopp is so good, while Chelsea are resurgent, while even fucking Rice Krispie is getting Ronaldo when he doesn't really want him and guardiola does - then pep either needs his open cheque book for kane or some fans. He's fucking rattled and what was being portrayed as this season being a one horse race when the past season finished, all of a sudden feels like he could finish 4th in that 1 horse race.