You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

4 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

People like you Klopp was moaning at!

Surely you heard to howls of laughter from miles away?

I’ve explained before but circumstances meant I had to get a jump, whether I liked it or not, and honestly you all should thank me cause there was absolutely no way we were scoring in that match if I stayed. 

i was walking briskly past the cabbage hall when I heard the cheer, and could half see it on replays through the window.

4 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Trying to get City’s average attendance, but it’s impossible. 

Although the below might be “factually” accurate, in reality there aren’t…

67C2448A-F5A0-446E-B1B9-990F048D931E.jpeg

…how many empty seats do you ever see at Anfield in any competition? Barely any. How many do you see at City, even for big games? Plenty. 

What I would say in City’s defence (I know) is that they didn’t used to fill the Emptyhad at 48k so it seems pointless expanding to 55k.

However, they’ll point them mostly selling out the bigger games as the reason why they have a 55k ground, as it generates extra income in those additional games.

Also, they hold a lot of gigs there. The extra capacity when Bon Jovi or Spice Girls play there make it worth while. 

Our ground does not hold over 54,000

There is some to come off for safety zones over covid...

Plus when you factor in the division for the away end with that stuff they throw over the seats it drops further.

There may be at a push 54,000 seats total in the ground (and i am not 100% convinced it quite reaches that) but as a working capacity now it is not 54,000 plus.

The highest we have had in since the expansion is somewhere around 53,300.

19 minutes ago, an tha said:

Our ground does not hold over 54,000

There is some to come off for safety zones over covid...

Plus when you factor in the division for the away end with that stuff they throw over the seats it drops further.

There may be at a push 54,000 seats total in the ground (and i am not 100% convinced it quite reaches that) but as a working capacity now it is not 54,000 plus.

The highest we have had in since the expansion is somewhere around 53,300.

Regardless of what they put for our figures, they are still more accurate than the ones they’ve posted for themselves!

Just been looking on the BBC website regarding Guardiola’s comments, he’s commented on this a number of times now, particularly regarding cup games.

The city supporters group have seen their arse because they contend the ground is well attended all the time, and it can be difficult getting there on a Wednesday at 8pm (boo hoo!).

So presumably Guardiola has sight problems because he’s seeing empty seats when they’re full??
The actual bums on seats to number reported as being there is a figure that hasn’t been declared I see, after all, if your ground is full every game, you can justify spending more to satisfy FFP regulations I presume?

11 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

Just been looking on the BBC website regarding Guardiola’s comments, he’s commented on this a number of times now, particularly regarding cup games.

The city supporters group have seen their arse because they contend the ground is well attended all the time,

Thing is, the City Supporters could easily end this by saying “We’re not as historically a big a club as Liverpool or Man Utd. Our average attendances have never been as high as those clubs, but they are improving. We’re writing our history now”.

All they’ve done is make themselves seem more foolish. “We have a smaller, more passionate fan base”. Like not being able to sell out allocations at Cup Finals? Whatever mate.

• Upvote 1

Well, Id suggest someone doesnt know the difference between 'official capacity' and 'official attendance.'

Official capacity is the total number of unsegregated, paying viewing positions in the ground. Official attendance is generally accepted as the number of bums on actual seats for any particular game. Some clubs argue a ticket sold but no bum on seat is 'attendance.' Personally, Id say attendance is physically entering the ground as a paying spectator.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Thing is, the City Supporters could easily end this by saying “We’re not as historically a big a club as Liverpool or Man Utd. Our average attendances have never been as high as those clubs, but they are improving. We’re writing our history now”.

All they’ve done is make themselves seem more foolish. “We have a smaller, more passionate fan base”. Like not being able to sell out allocations at Cup Finals? Whatever mate.

Exactly. In less than a generation the fans have gone from paying third tier prices to being expected to honour the fiction that the club is self-financing by paying top whack in Europe. My wife and I are back in Liverpool after 15 years abroad and have sole possession of my wife's season ticket for the first time, and we don't really feel like paying for Champions League tickets on top of it, so we haven't. I don't think it's a bad reason for not going, but maintaining that aforementioned fiction is something about which everyone at Man City is acutely conscious, so they were never going to say "cut the prices you fuckers and we'll turn up in droves", were they?

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, deiseach said:

Exactly. In less than a generation the fans have gone from paying third tier prices to being expected to honour the fiction that the club is self-financing by paying top whack in Europe. My wife and I are back in Liverpool after 15 years abroad and have sole possession of my wife's season ticket for the first time, and we don't really feel like paying for Champions League tickets on top of it, so we haven't. I don't think it's a bad reason for not going, but maintaining that aforementioned fiction is something about which everyone at Man City is acutely conscious, so they were never going to say "cut the prices you fuckers and we'll turn up in droves", were they?

They have, and continue to, cut the prices and still they fail to draw a crowd.

The problem is their fan base who are interested in going to games is actually minuscule and perhaps it’s the converse of your argument in that a lot of those fans have never had going to a game as central to fandom and there’s no reason to change that as they have premade excuses ready for them.

There isn’t the general interest crowd who wants to see them beat Norwich 8-0 as it’s fucking boring, and their clinical success is their worst enemy as it’s fucking dull.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

They have, and continue to, cut the prices and still they fail to draw a crowd.

I had a look at their website and you're not wrong. I could take my son to their match tomorrow for £45. To put that into context, it would cost me £29 to take him to watch Tranmere! I stand corrected and take it all back. Soulless ground, no fans.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Looks like he’s done it for them. 

34D20286-CD98-44E0-8790-C79A7179AED7.png

15 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Typical small club coping mechanism. 

Has the pungent aroma of Everton's 1 of us is equal to 20 of them line or whatever it is.