You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

27 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Maybe they should reduce their ticket prices? Even those tickets advertised on Wowcher, as embarrassing as that was, were priced at over £60. You can’t charge big club prices when you’re not a big club.

They can't fix the books like that

• Upvote 2

Yet when they dropped into the old 3 division they were still getting huge numbers.

Always think it's a bit thin icey to point out at other clubs gates as if we went 30 years in the wilderness ,something tells me we wouldnt be getting coaches turning up at Anfield from all the shop 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Maybe they should reduce their ticket prices? Even those tickets advertised on Wowcher, as embarrassing as that was, were priced at over £60. You can’t charge big club prices when you’re not a big club.

They are corporate I assume as they have always had cheap tickets as they never sell them.

These are for the next group game at home.

Screenshot 2021-09-16 at 17.27.53.png

Screenshot 2021-09-16 at 17.28.04.png

9 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Yet when they dropped into the old 3 division they were still getting huge numbers.

Always think it's a bit thin icey to point out at other clubs gates as if we went 30 years in the wilderness ,something tells me we wouldnt be getting coaches turning up at Anfield from all the shop 

Our hardcore probably makes up about 3 quarters of their main support mate. Their fanbase will increase with success of-course, its just the way it is but they wont ever have a bigger fanbase and even if we dropped into league 1 I expect we'd still sell out at home. 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Our hardcore probably makes up about 3 quarters of their main support mate. Their fanbase will increase with success of-course, its just the way it is but they wont ever have a bigger fanbase and even if we dropped into league 1 I expect we'd still sell out at home. 

There is only us and utd who have that national level of support.

Remember Hodgson was only there 6 months and we were not getting full houses for a few games?

The true measure of support is when you are shite for years and still getting huge gates.

We probally havent known that since the 50s.

35 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

If they are a PR exercise for a state, are they not a really poorly executed one?

Yes and no.

To ‘us’ they’re a joke and part of the ersatz Middle East parody, but that’s only on Blighty’s green and pleasant.

In the ME they buy credibility with them, and further afield obviously, much like Godolphin does with horse racing.

30/40,000 in a stadium mean shit to them as that’s not the plan. The plan is to be the ‘best’ and best in this case in money  generation and the opportunity this brings to ‘win’

They’re, and the other teams, and subsequent operation, in the stable, are nothing but a means to an end and the end is to be the ‘best’ and for everybody to respect you for that. 

Doesn’t really work like that at our fan level though…

• Upvote 1

Just now, Tj hooker said:

A lad in work his brother is involved with a junior team in Manchester his club were sent 20 tickets free of charge yesterday.

No one could be arsed using them he told me .

They dole them out to schools and university unions as well, mostly free of charge.

We do a little of this to bring good will/new fans, they do it through desperation.

Social services get loads gratis.

24 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Yes and no.

To ‘us’ they’re a joke and part of the ersatz Middle East parody, but that’s only on Blighty’s green and pleasant.

In the ME they buy credibility with them, and further afield obviously, much like Godolphin does with horse racing.

30/40,000 in a stadium mean shit to them as that’s not the plan. The plan is to be the ‘best’ and best in this case in money  generation and the opportunity this brings to ‘win’

They’re, and the other teams, and subsequent operation, in the stable, are nothing but a means to an end and the end is to be the ‘best’ and for everybody to respect you for that. 

Doesn’t really work like that at our fan level though…

I don't get the ME part, why would they be buying credibility there? They don't give a fuck what their Bangladeshi slaves think and they're related to everyone else. I'm of the opinion this is all aimed at a western audience. 

Yemen to the south and Iraq and Syria to the north have had their people starved and blown to death and nobody gave a fuck. Ten years ago if Abu Dhabi got wiped out like Yemen it would barely make a headline. Now its on the map with an army of bots promoting how great it is. It would be harder for George Bush Jnr II to send troops in their to take the last of the oil under the guise of freeing them.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, No2 said:

I don't get the ME part, why would they be buying credibility there? They don't give a fuck what their Bangladeshi slaves think and they're related to everyone else. I'm of the opinion this is all aimed at a western audience. 

Yemen to the south and Iraq and Syria to the north have had their people starved and blown to death and nobody gave a fuck. Ten years ago if Abu Dhabi got wiped out like Yemen it would barely make a headline. Now its on the map with an army of bots promoting how great it is. It would be harder for George Bush Jnr II to send troops in their to take the last of the oil under the guise of freeing them.

The ME welcomes vistors, and more importantly money, from around the world.

They are a means to an end there so the Emirates can use them to flout their wealth and influence, this now trancends borders as they are now successful and can use this to apply status.

It works on a level we don't engage where a 50k buisness talk is a negligable expense.

15 hours ago, Arniepie said:

There is only us and utd who have that national level of support.

Remember Hodgson was only there 6 months and we were not getting full houses for a few games?

The true measure of support is when you are shite for years and still getting huge gates.

We probally havent known that since the 50s.

Don't think that is entirely fair mate, if Klopp had a wobble now I'd imagine everyone on this board would be there every week. Under Hodgson we were in the midst of chronic under funding, a leveraged buyout and a pair of clowns that had no intention of make us competitive again.

The only time I have voluntarily missed a match was under G&H, think it was Blackburn Rovers and Roy got sacked shortly after that. We only had two weapons, attendance and protests.