You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

13 minutes ago, No2 said:

Apparently Bernardo Silva hasn't turned up for training. He hasn't been great since his racist jokes but he's a phenomenal team player, the exact opposite of Grealish. 

City will be stronger if they get Grealish no point in kidding yourself otherwise.

Also Silva is a little prick. 

1 hour ago, Mark M said:

City will be stronger if they get Grealish no point in kidding yourself otherwise.

Also Silva is a little prick. 

I know that, I just think it's a risky move, selling the ultimate team player and replacing him with a maverick that has a questionable attitude. If they add just Grealish then its like for like really but if they add him and Kane to a championship winning squad then all the FSG bed wetters and everyone else can just shut the fuck up. There will be no point even trying to compete with that.

I fail to see how City continuing to break FFP rules make a Super League more palatable.

I recall reading Real and Barca had guarantees on more money, how there'd being no protection on where games would be played in future and how it would dilute competition even further. It would also be a great way for a franchise like New York City to become massive in time if they entered (which they would eventually).

I'd rather Liverpool won occasional trophies in the current set up where I can actually go to games than win occasional trophies in an even less attractive set up where I can't.

• Like 1

Guest Alex_K

So between them City & PSG could load up on Kane, Grealish, Ramos, Wijnaldum, Donnaruma, Hakimi and possibly Pogba (2/1 odds) this summer.

Long live UEFA; long live competition 

2 hours ago, No2 said:

I know that, I just think it's a risky move, selling the ultimate team player and replacing him with a maverick that has a questionable attitude. If they add just Grealish then its like for like really but if they add him and Kane to a championship winning squad then all the FSG bed wetters and everyone else can just shut the fuck up. There will be no point even trying to compete with that.

that's the spirit

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Halcyon Days said:

Yes their arrogance bit them on the arse but the concept was a sound one. A few tweaks like relegation / promotion and it still has legs. Hope they have another pop just to see the self serving cunts at Sky lose the plot again.

The concept was built around franchises with no promotion or relegation.  That's not sound, that's shit.  And if you think the self serving cunts at Sky are bad, just wait until you see the self serving cunts who get to televise this circus.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 24/11/2020 at 00:14, TheHowieLama said:

You may be right pal - if anything it makes Ranieri look even better.

Ranieri's colossal achievement has almost already been forgotten... he knocked Arsenal's "Invincibles" out of the European Cup in 2004, almost certainly costing Arsenal their best ever chance to land one.

Then he pulls off that miracle with Leicester.  But it went against type and lost punters a bomb.  

Possibly the best single managerial feat since Murdoch "invented" football, and will never now get the recognition it deserves.

Just now, stringvest said:

The concept was built around franchises with no promotion or relegation.  That's not sound, that's shit.  And if you think the self serving cunts at Sky are bad, just wait until you see the self serving cunts who get to televise this circus.

That's why i said a few tweaks like introducing promotion and relegation but ok let's carry on the way we are watching the state run clubs pile up up the trophies, fuck that.

Just now, Halcyon Days said:

That's why i said a few tweaks like introducing promotion and relegation but ok let's carry on the way we are watching the state run clubs pile up up the trophies, fuck that.

The point I was making is it wouldn't be a tweak, it would be a major change - and in all probability a deal breaker for the likes of us.  Clubs with the most money are almost always going to win, no matter what the competition.

• Upvote 1

Just now, stringvest said:

The point I was making is it wouldn't be a tweak, it would be a major change - and in all probability a deal breaker for the likes of us.  Clubs with the most money are almost always going to win, no matter what the competition.

Hence the need to change. UEFA buckled to City and in doing so sold some of the biggest clubs on the planet down the river in a competitive sense. This league will happen, in what format who knows i just hope we're part of it. 

7 minutes ago, Halcyon Days said:

Hence the need to change. UEFA buckled to City and in doing so sold some of the biggest clubs on the planet down the river in a competitive sense. This league will happen, in what format who knows i just hope we're part of it. 

Fair enough... me, I just wouldn't give much of a fuck.

On 01/08/2021 at 20:03, Pete said:

So just the potential £260m on two players this window? How does Pep do it?

Genius manager and tactician, that's what.

Just think back to his masterclass in last season's European Cup Final.

Now, with his adding 260m quid's worth of further acumen and tactical brililance to his personal managerial armoury... well, his mental unsurpassedness is just going to burgeon further and further.

Imagine, when he inevitably becomes a little bit woke and changes his preferences, how a club like, say, Shrewsbury Town will benefit from his utter footballing godlikeness. 

6 hours ago, Alex_K said:

So between them City & PSG could load up on Kane, Grealish, Ramos, Wijnaldum, Donnaruma, Hakimi and possibly Pogba (2/1 odds) this summer.

Long live UEFA; long live competition 

To be fair to PSG, 3 / 5 are free transfers and Pogba would be available for a reduced fee. 

Fully appreciate wages will be ridiculous though. 

Guest Alex_K
57 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

To be fair to PSG, 3 / 5 are free transfers and Pogba would be available for a reduced fee. 

Fully appreciate wages will be ridiculous though. 

Yeah the wages will be far more obscene than vast majority of fees 

45 minutes ago, an tha said:

Hahahaha!

Man City fan, Noel Carragher said, “Pep’s a genius, there’s just nobody like him. Managers try to buy players from other clubs, what does Pep do? He buys histories instead. The bloke’s a true visionary.”

Guardiola finally added, “They did flog us Fabian Delph in 2015, so it’s the least they can do really. If it’s rejected, then double it. Fuck it, triple it.