You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

16 hours ago, Iceman said:

They have ruined footy in UK. It's like F1 and only one car is allowed unlimited budget and all the rest are 2 laps behind and fat cunts are dribbling and saying how great it is. It's fucking nuts. 

Clubs like even Leicester 5 years ago, Tottenham and us can compete in short bursts but it’s unsustainable when the likes of City and Chelsea just up the ante and outspend the rest. After Leicester’s win, City spent £180m that summer and £280m the next. Klopp has performed a magnificent Canute impression over the last few years but it’s simply not sustainable over a long period unless you have owners for whom even a global pandemic isn’t a constraint on massive spending. 
Butt the the dullards in the media don’t seem to get this. It’s no surprise that the only two clubs across Europe who were able to spend significantly last summer are contesting UEFA’s showpiece final. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

In the CL Final, I still see Citeh as the lesser of 2 evils. 

Those games from 2005 onwards v Chelsea were toxic. I don’t think the Citeh games have got near that level of hatred yet.

Really? I don't want City getting their hands on the one thing they have been after since their owners pumped obscene amounts of money into them. 

And I say as much as I can't stand Chelsea, shit choice either side of the fence.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Iceman said:

They have ruined footy in UK. It's like F1 and only one car is allowed unlimited budget and all the rest are 2 laps behind and fat cunts are dribbling and saying how great it is. It's fucking nuts. 

I support Nissan Micra FC, not Liverpool FC. 

25 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Really? I don't want City getting their hands on the one thing they have been after since their owners pumped obscene amounts of money into them. 

And I say as much as I can't stand Chelsea, shit choice either side of the fence.

Genuinely. I went to most of game at Chelsea under Benitez and it was like going to Old Trafford. 

I fully appreciate the current animosity towards Citeh, but I can’t past the the fact they are complete no-marks and, let’s face it, it’s going to happen sooner or later and this would be the best bad outcome. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DaveT said:

Clubs like even Leicester 5 years ago, Tottenham and us can compete in short bursts but it’s unsustainable when the likes of City and Chelsea just up the ante and outspend the rest. After Leicester’s win, City spent £180m that summer and £280m the next. Klopp has performed a magnificent Canute impression over the last few years but it’s simply not sustainable over a long period unless you have owners for whom even a global pandemic isn’t a constraint on massive spending. 
Butt the the dullards in the media don’t seem to get this. It’s no surprise that the only two clubs across Europe who were able to spend significantly last summer are contesting UEFA’s showpiece final. 

Great point and they know this so they win by attrition. 

On 06/05/2021 at 02:41, Stickman said:

I mean there's still no fans in the stadium people are still dying and heroic acts of sacrifice do still happen .

So I wonder what changed ?

Henry Winter
@henrywinter

mcfc fans @MoSurrey &@IanCheesemant tookviews of 2,000 fans and wrote to @premierleague @FA

"to respectfully consider: No football behind closed doors; Cancel the season now to show respect for all the lost lives to the pandemic & the heroic acts of sacrifice shown by so many."

https://mobile.twitter.com/henrywinter/status/1255813984508424197

Yet now

Ian Cheeseman
@IanCheeseman

My latest newspaper column reflects on Pep’s perfect team performance against PSG #ManCity #mcfc #MCIPSG #ChampionsLeague

Man meets cheese = cheese city. 

Look these guys are just different. They are the honesty vaccine for footy.

The idea of the super league disgusted them and they had on a wire the whole time. They only went along with it to nail the corporate scum, which they did, job done. The shining light from their courageous actions even made the russians see sense along the way. What more do you want them to do now they have saved footy for you?

Pep has a cashmere syringe. 

14 hours ago, Scott_M said:

In the CL Final, I still see Citeh as the lesser of 2 evils. 

Those games from 2005 onwards v Chelsea were toxic. I don’t think the Citeh games have got near that level of hatred yet.

More like Evil of 2 lessers. 

Cunts both

It’s a funny one with City - in many ways I quite like them.  The massive underdog  against “them” and definitely the good mancs who we have a lot in common - see the atmosphere of the 2016  Final versus the venom of 2003. 

of course we’ve had our mighty kick offs with them - the carnage after the 88 quarter final, all the windscreens cowardly being put through during the 84 reply, and of course when they cheekily came on The Kop a week before Paris ( and got away with it because 28000 were there that night).

still, Pep is sound and if one Club deserved the £1 billion Lottery ticket, it is them. 

• Downvote 5

22 minutes ago, JoeBuck01 said:

It’s a funny one with City - in many ways I quite like them.  The massive underdog  against “them” and definitely the good mancs who we have a lot in common - see the atmosphere of the 2016  Final versus the venom of 2003. 

of course we’ve had our mighty kick offs with them - the carnage after the 88 quarter final, all the windscreens cowardly being put through during the 84 reply, and of course when they cheekily came on The Kop a week before Paris ( and got away with it because 28000 were there that night).

still, Pep is sound and if one Club deserved the £1 billion Lottery ticket, it is them. 

Self entitled cunts the lot of them.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SlugTrail said:

Self entitled cunts the lot of them.

Not really, I think they’re all pinching themselves still..” this is not my beautiful wife, this is not my beautiful home , well...how did I get here”.  

good luck to them and congratulations.

• Downvote 7

1 hour ago, JoeBuck01 said:

Not really, I think they’re all pinching themselves still..” this is not my beautiful wife, this is not my beautiful home , well...how did I get here”.  

good luck to them and congratulations.

MeatyNegativeIndochinahogdeer-small.gif

• Upvote 1