You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

If Chelsea do make it, it will be interesting to see how they manage the logistics getting 4000 each of the pricks to the Ataturk pissed up without it kicking off. Obviously a full house it would have been worse. 

I’d rather City won than Chelsea but it feels like selecting death by firing squad over being fed to the lions.

Somewhere in the dim and distant past I had a slight affection for Man City. I happened to be at the game where Luton sent them down and David Pleat danced across the pitch so it probably comes from there. Of course that club is long gone.

I’ve never felt anything but loathing for Chelsea, whether they’ve had money or not.

In summary, c’mon Real Madrid (maybe the equivalent of a lethal injection).

5 hours ago, KMD7 said:

I really hope they lose

I can’t stand Madrid and don’t like the thought of Zidane standing alone as the most successful manager in the history of European club football, but if they were to prevail over City in the final, you just know being outdone by that combination would drive Guardiola round the bend and have him questioning himself.

13 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Fuck Granada Reports or whatever they call themselves nowadays. They always were up the arses of both manchester clubs.

I switched over it was nauseating,  I remember Kick off in the 70s and 80s jesus it was one big manc fest nearly every week  and this was at the time when us especially were great .

41 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

Granada reporting that Man City have reached footballs pinnacle.

When did they win the final?

Only cost them the GDP of a small African nation. 

• Upvote 1

Someone posted an old episode of Saint & Greavsie on Twitter the other week. I was bored off my head so watched it as it was from 1989.

Man City V Chelsea was a top of the table clash in the old second division.  Greavsie said that both of them are too big to be in the second division. I think if you said it would be the European Cup final one day he would have told you to fuck off and laughed in your face.

5 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I see Spit has joined their ranks seeing as he knows he's now pissed off even the most accommodating of Liverpool fans with hisshite in recent days. He's saying Dias is better than van Dijk. Hmmm.

He is. At the moment. 

City were banned from the tournament by UEFA only to have it overturned by CAS. 

Chelsea were banned by UEFA from buying players for 2 years and had it reduced to 1 year by CAS. 6 of the players they have bought in that year played tonight. 

Now they are seen as the saviours of football because they pulled out of the Super League. The reason the breakaway clubs wanted the super league is to create enough finances to compete with these cheating bastards. 

Cunt clubs both

• Upvote 12

The irony is that almost every other club would kill to be in the position that City and Chelsea are in.
Everton would be top of that list, yet proudly spout about how they “called out” the breakaway six and spoke for every other club when they called for sanctions against them.

The purpose of those sanctions were to allow themselves to be bumped into a position where they could “qualify” for a European place that they hadn’t actually earned as much as anything else and to claim differently is basically a lie.
West Ham, Brighton and Crystal Palace, with rent-a-quote chairman Steve Parrish, again pontificating about how these teams should be brought to book, yet wanting to null and void last season to protect themselves against possible relegation whilst saying it was morally wrong to play on given lives were being lost.

They refuse to see that in applauding City and Chelsea for breaking away, and back into the Premier League, all that is guaranteeing is they strengthen those clubs with Oligarchs or Oil States as owners to continue dominating every competition they are in, effectively taking the competitiveness away from those very same competitions!
The ESL wasn’t handled very well in its timing or proposed implementation, but the general idea that it would possibly limit the massive money teams and allow others to challenge them was a sound one, but the blinkers were on from the time the announcement was made and the “little 14”, as opposed to the “big 6”, basically decided to hold onto what they had rather than what they might have had.

It won’t go away though and they must know that, even if the current voting regulations in the Premier League give them the whip hand, and effectively a veto, for anything the top teams might want to bring in.

A quick look at who has won the major prizes in European competition and domestic leagues over the past few seasons will show them why the current system needs changes to be made.

They’re all hypocrites though, and will bury their collective heads in the sand while the really big boys dry bum them.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, R BENO said:

Isnt Turkey and Istanbul in lockdown after a surge in cases, the highest in Europe I think.

Hopefully no English fans will get near the match.

Only until the 17 may mate. Lockdown doesn't apply to tourists which sits really well with me.

4000 allowed I heard.

Be interesting to see if Turkey go on the UK "red" list and the associated quarantine.

I mean there's still no fans in the stadium people are still dying and heroic acts of sacrifice do still happen .

So I wonder what changed ?

Henry Winter
@henrywinter

mcfc fans @MoSurrey &@IanCheesemant tookviews of 2,000 fans and wrote to @premierleague @FA

"to respectfully consider: No football behind closed doors; Cancel the season now to show respect for all the lost lives to the pandemic & the heroic acts of sacrifice shown by so many."

https://mobile.twitter.com/henrywinter/status/1255813984508424197

Yet now

Ian Cheeseman
@IanCheeseman

My latest newspaper column reflects on Pep’s perfect team performance against PSG #ManCity #mcfc #MCIPSG #ChampionsLeague

8 hours ago, Razoray said:

Chelsea were banned by UEFA from buying players for 2 years and had it reduced to 1 year by CAS. 6 of the players they have bought in that year played tonight. 

Now they are seen as the saviours of football because they pulled out of the Super League. The reason the breakaway clubs wanted the super league is to create enough finances to compete with these cheating bastards. 

Cunt clubs both

Well poaching youngsters aside no danger of FSG getting us banned from Europe for splashing too much cash. Then again with current investment methodology we won't need to worry about Europe for a while. 

Ironically I believe it was our success over the past two seasons that drove the massive investment these two clubs made prior to and during covid they saw an opportunity to steal a march on the rest . It will be a difficult road back to the summit if Klopp can do it once more he will be our greatest manager ever based on the corruptness of his opposition during his tenure.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Stickman said:

I mean there's still no fans in the stadium people are still dying and heroic acts of sacrifice do still happen .

So I wonder what changed ?

Henry Winter
@henrywinter

mcfc fans @MoSurrey &@IanCheesemant tookviews of 2,000 fans and wrote to @premierleague @FA

"to respectfully consider: No football behind closed doors; Cancel the season now to show respect for all the lost lives to the pandemic & the heroic acts of sacrifice shown by so many."

https://mobile.twitter.com/henrywinter/status/1255813984508424197

Yet now

Ian Cheeseman
@IanCheeseman

My latest newspaper column reflects on Pep’s perfect team performance against PSG #ManCity #mcfc #MCIPSG #ChampionsLeague

Cheeseman by name, Cheeseman by nature.

22 hours ago, Razoray said:

Cunt clubs both

Pulling out of the ESL after announcing it's been formed is like getting out of get-away car after the robbery and claiming you never wanted to be part of it.

Unbelievable how the narrative has been spun.

Money doesn't just buy you the best players, it buys you the best PR too.

• Upvote 1

They have ruined footy in UK. It's like F1 and only one car is allowed unlimited budget and all the rest are 2 laps behind and fat cunts are dribbling and saying how great it is. It's fucking nuts. 

Haha, UEFA indicating the final will go ahead in Istanbul and ignoring calls from the self proclaimed guardians of English football to switch it to England.

Just more reason to null and void it because, well, people's lives mean more. Give it a massive fucking asterisk as well, cunts!

• Upvote 3